• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool to be awarded PL title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Numerous sources (Telegraph etc.) are reporting leaks from yesterday's meeting :

Liverpool 'set to be handed the Premier League title' if season is ended now due to coronavirus crisis... with a '22-team division set up, FIVE teams relegated and EFL Cup axed' to make room for more games in 2020-21.

It's reported none of the other 21 clubs object to the title being awarded to Liverpool.

Late as usual. sigh.

Maybe move the relevant posts to this thread Admin? Just a thought.

I'll forever hate the asterisk.. clubs sneering at us that 'we didn't really win it' and 'the tainted title'.

Rival fans would not be able to help themselves. We could point to the lead we had. But they will always say 'yeah but mathematically you could have been caught.. so you didn't really win it'.

Being awarded the title is still better than the season being voided. Finishing it out is my preferred option obviously.

We'll just have to take the * or whatever the label is beside is. Hopefully we win the league next season again and the asterisk is dropped.

I'll forever hate the asterisk.. clubs sneering at us that 'we didn't really win it' and 'the tainted title'.

Rival fans would not be able to help themselves. We could point to the lead we had. But they will always say 'yeah but mathematically you could have been caught.. so you didn't really win it'.

This is what will happen. It'll be shit and another thing other fans will throw at us.

I want to win it, unequivocally, and ram it down everyone's throats.

At the minute, if we even get given it, it's just going to fizzle out into a damp squib. Shit way to end the 30 year wait.

Being awarded the title is still better than the season being voided. Finishing it out is my preferred option obviously.

We'll just have to take the * or whatever the label is beside is. Hopefully we win the league next season again and the asterisk is dropped.

This team is good enough to win it again

I think play will resume in April , this herd mentality thing will either errrr, backfire? And get everyone that can be infected , infected in the coming weeks and likely clear by early April or whatever

I couldn't give a shit what some fucking weasel says about it. We're 25 points clear, we've effectively already won it, and if we do go on to win it, we'll have deserved it more than any team in history.

So yeah, I want the title that we so richly deserve.

There isn't even a need for the asterisk because of the sheer size of our lead. If we do come back in April and beat city we'd have won it on our 30th game of the season. Phenomenal.

Nah. Only those that are brain dead. The vast majority have already admitted we are uncatchable and it's not unfair to award it to us.

OK, so not ideal.

The lack of a game to watch when we are crowned Champions may be taken away. We can't cruise through games singing 'Campione'. No huge parade and presentation of trophy. A lack of a 'we did it!' moment.

But it's not really a 'gimme'. We are so far ahead it's not even feasible we would lose it. There's an unprecedented gap at the top. We have been immense and unstoppable, so even cunts going on about the asterisk or the 'Plague Champions' know it is futile.

And let's face it, if someone had said to us at the start of he season that there would be a curtailed league campaign and we would be crowned League Champions for the first time in 30 years after games were suspended due to a global pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands - possibly millions globally - tanked economies, closed down entire countries and suspended every major event around the world.....

.....we'd have taken it.

I'd still prefer the remaining games to be played out at a later date : cancel Euro 2020 and play them out in July/August. I want the points record too. And the parade, it doesn't matter if it's in May or August/September as far as I'm concerned. Just so long as we get it - and I've no doubt we eventually will.

Nah. Only those that are brain dead. The vast majority have already admitted we are uncatchable and it's not unfair to award it to us.
Oh 100%.. the majority would. However the ones you so dearly want to punch in the face every time you talk football, would not be able to help themselves.

You know the ones.

Karren Brady thinks they should stop now that’s a surprise West Ham fifth from bottom out of regulation by goal difference

This is what will happen. It'll be shit and another thing other fans will throw at us.

I want to win it, unequivocally, and ram it down everyone's throats.

At the minute, if we even get given it, it's just going to fizzle out into a damp squib. Shit way to end the 30 year wait.

We've won it unequivocally. Only a fucking moron would claim we could still have been caught, tainted or not, I'll fucking take it, we've won it anyway and I couldn't give a fuck what rival fans say. They're all mongs anyway.

They still sing sign on and in your Liverpool slums so like someone else said fuck them it was over by Christmas

I think play will resume in April , this herd mentality thing will either errrr, backfire? And get everyone that can be infected , infected in the coming weeks and likely clear by early April or whatever
Herd mentality only works with some form of vaccination in place..

There is not enough known about the virus to even consider that approach right now..

If you're are looking at 70% of the population being exposed to it you then are looking at potentially 600,000+ deaths, minimum. Current fatality rate in the UK is 1.6%

Of course the government consider that approach as the are looking at the best way to save the economy

Problem is any normal human will go into defence mode to protect their own, and that's what you are seeing right now.. paticulary in London. People are using their common sense to protect their own..Who the fuck in the right mind is going to accept their closest and dearest being killed off in some unproven government experiment? People will do anything and everything to protect their nearest and dearest..

What should happen. You prolong the spread of the virus to the summer with effective social distancing where its peak effectiveness is less and killing people off is less allowing time for a vaccine to be created

Coronvirus will simply die off in weather climates above 26/27 °c. So warmer climate around the world with the right planning will see a drop in cases..

Next winter when it resurfaces the hope is a vaccine in place, vaccine those for all with underlying health conditions and start the Herd Mentality

Minimising casualties should always be the first port of call

Besides Herd Mentality right now, would be catastrophic. We simply don't have the infrastructure to cope with it.. The government know this, hence the backtracking..

Last edited:

There is not enough known about the virus to even consider that approach right now..

If you're are looking at 70% of the population being exposed to it you then are looking at potentially 600,000+ deaths, minimum. Current fatality rate in the UK is 1.6%

Of course the government consider that approach as the are looking at the best way to save the economy

Problem is any normal human will go into defence mode to protect their own, and that's what you are seeing right now.. paticulary in London. People are using their common sense to protect their own..Who the fuck in the right mind is going to accept their closest and dearest being killed off in some unproven government experiment? People will do anything and everything to protect their nearest and dearest..

What should happen. You prolong the spread of the virus to the summer with effective social distancing where its peak effectiveness is less and killing people off is less allowing time for a vaccine to be created

Coronvirus will simply die off in weather climates above 26/27 °c. So warmer climate around the world with the right planning will see a drop in cases..

Next winter when it resurfaces the hope is a vaccine in place, vaccine those for all with underlying health conditions and start the Herd Mentality

Besides Herd Mentality right now, would be catastrophic. We simply don't have the infrastructure to cope with it.. The government know this, hence the backtracking..

Never have I read so much bull

Jesus Christ. Where the fuck do you get your information from ?

Temperatures : check the list of infected countries. Malaysia, Singapore and Australia are the warmest/most humid countries (that have life outside an AC bubble such as the UAE etc.) appearing on the list of most infections (Malaysia 197, Singapore 200 and Australia 250) in around 20th 'place'. It seems obvious however that the heat and humidity has a mitigating effect but to say it dies about 26/27C is pure crap and has been debunked by a million legitimate sources.

It's Herd Immunity you dumb fuck ! Not Herd Mentality. : And it's totally irrelevant since 60% won't be infected. Look at the population infection rates I've given previously for China, South Korea and Italy. Far far below 0.5% of the population.

And Herd Immunity doesn't require a vaccine - another totally inane comment. You clearly have zero idea how Herd Immunity works.

You need to put yourself into quarantine for the next 3 months. Quarantine from all Social Media.

Last edited:

Temperatures : check the list of infected countries. Malaysia, Singapore and Australia are the warmest/most humid countries (that have life outside an AC bubble such as the UAE etc.) appearing on the list of most infections (Malaysia 200, Singapore 200 and Australia 197) in around 20th 'place'. It seems obvious however that the heat and humidity has a mitigating effect but to say it dies about 26/27C is pure crap and has been debunked by a million legitimate sources.

It's Herd Immunity you dumb fuck ! Not Herd Mentality. : And it's totally irrelevant since 60% won't be infected. Look at the population rates I've given previously for China, South Korea and Italy. Far far below 0.5% of the population.

And Herd Immunity doesn't require a vaccine - another totally inane comment. You clearly have zero idea how Herd Immunity works.

You need to put yourself into quarantine for the next 3 months. Quarantine from all Social Media.

I understand Jono got rejected from the Flat Earth Society because of the inability to comprehend facts.

I've seen a couple of immunologists on the twits saying that going for herd immunity without a vaccine is an untried and unobserved position and could easily go very wrong.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Four Mong Horsemen Of The Apocalypse!

This is quality content.

Temperatures : check the list of infected countries. Malaysia, Singapore and Australia are the warmest/most humid countries (that have life outside an AC bubble such as the UAE etc.) appearing on the list of most infections (Malaysia 197, Singapore 200 and Australia 250) in around 20th 'place'. It seems obvious however that the heat and humidity has a mitigating effect but to say it dies about 26/27C is pure crap and has been debunked by a million legitimate sources.

It's Herd Immunity you dumb fuck ! Not Herd Mentality. : And it's totally irrelevant since 60% won't be infected. Look at the population infection rates I've given previously for China, South Korea and Italy. Far far below 0.5% of the population.

He meant to say "herd immunity" but he said "herd mentality" because he's now combining magical new words he's never heard of (or indeed used) before, and is understandably getting confused.

And talking of quarantine, he can't spell that either, much less adequately define it.

Deaths doubled over night..

Be interesting to see what the percentage of fatalities there is with people who have underlying issues and are deemed initially at risk..

Deaths doubled over night..

Be interesting to see what the percentage of fatalities there is with people who have underlying issues and are deemed initially at risk..

"The UK's chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty, said all of the latest to die were patients in "at-risk" groups."

"The UK's chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty, said all of the latest to die were patients in "at-risk" groups."
Yeh I can read Richey.. I am saying what percentage of those at risk (underlying health conditions) survive/ become a cropper

At the moment 1,100 confirmed cases 21 dead..

That's a 2% fatality rate overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom