• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jovic looks to be surplus to requirements at Real.

Would anyone have him here (on loan)?

Good player, but what I read about him personality-wise was a major turn-off. Seems like he let early success of signing for Real go to his head and even started acting like laws don't apply to him in his home country, which led to being excluded from the national team, where he was the star player. There must be a reason why Zidane totally froze him out.

Why is the Sarr thread locked again? Joyce reported today that we are considering a bid. Watford looking for 35-40 mill.

Seems as though we are bringing in a wide forward to compliment our front three.

Imagine if Klopp could get Dembele firing again.

Why is the Sarr thread locked again? Joyce reported today that we are considering a bid. Watford looking for 35-40 mill.

Seems as though we are bringing in a wide forward to compliment our front three.

Imagine if Klopp could get Dembele firing again.
Dembele played only 5 league games last season, scoring once and more damningly getting a red card.
If wee have £55m, we should try to get Houssem Aouar

They pay for the likes of Thiago innit

So we sign these great young talents, develop them so they are within 1-2 years of being first team contributors, and then sell them?
ManU built their dynasty by always having their kids be active members of their team, even if not top class (OShea, Fletcher, Silva twins etc), while splurging on top class talent. Will we be happy if we sell Elliot for 25 million so we can sign Saar?

i'm not sure there's any risk of the gems like Jones and Elliot ever going anywhere as they're clearly top prospects.

Personally see the likes of Hoever going as a sign that the club is producing and nurturing players in the right style, that even when they're not good enough for us, they're generating income.

I don't think Hoever was even 3rd in line in regards to his position in the first team squad also.

He's always looked a really good prospect to me, and probably better than Williams from what I've seen.

A highly rated defensive prospect?
Who's always looked decent in competitive fixtures?
what's the point of getting the best kids out of Ajax etc if we're going to flog them ...

Asked question; elsewhere a while back,

"What is the point of having Academy players..? We spend millions on them only to sell them on for less than we have spent trying to develope them. Would it not be better for us to keep that money, and when we see a talent ready for the first team action to buy that player with the money we have saved?"

Even the one or two Fowlers,Gerrards, and Owens that we may find can never reallly justify the financial expense doing so.

He's always looked a really good prospect to me, and probably better than Williams from what I've seen.

I don't see it with Williams tbh. Just looks average in every department to me.

Obviously we haven't seen much of Hoever either, but he seemed like a top prospect a couple of years ago, before dropping off the radar a bit.

This and the Brewster stuff is weird, not to mention concerning.

In the past, no one wants our young players - they leave on free or for peanuts and many eventually don't make the grade at top flight level. I see this as a positive sign. I mean it's not like we are selling TAA after his first season with us.

No doubt it's important to develop players for the first team but it's inevitable that not all will make it here. When the price/deal/circumstance is right, I think it's logical - esp. for bigger clubs where it's even harder to make the breakthrough. (Of course, there will be bad deals occasionally - the one where we should've hold on to the player longer for the player to develop into one who can successfully break into the starting XI or at least command a higher fee)

Young players would still be interested in joining us because they know even if they don't make it here, they would improve and be able to continue their career at a decent level when they move on. (Juve and Chelsea may be extreme cases, but you get what I mean :) )

Last edited:
Disappointing.

But Williams is clearly rated higher than him at full back, the new Greek fella will presumably be higher rated and Koumetio seems to have made a impression at centre back. I'd imagine we are just being pragmatic. It's also possible Hoever pushed for a move, having seen who is currently in front of him.

We better be signing a striker an attacker though.

Asked question; elsewhere a while back,

"What is the point of having Academy players..? We spend millions on them only to sell them on for less than we have spent trying to develope them.
I don't know/remember how much Hoever cost us, but for your statement to be anywhere near accurate it would have to be over £9million - or are you suggesting we spent in excess of £1M over the last couple of years developing him in the academy?

EDIT - just seen Binny's post in the other thread that he cost us £90K, so we must have spent £9,910,000 developing that talent, then. I never knew our academy was so expensive - tear it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom