• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know/remember how much Hoever cost us, but for your statement to be anywhere near accurate it would have to be over £9million - or are you suggesting we spent in excess of £1M over the last couple of years developing him in the academy?

EDIT - just seen Binny's post in the other thread that he cost us £90K, so we must have spent £9,910,000 developing that talent, then. I never knew our academy was so expensive - tear it down!

There are a few excpetions to that Hoever being one, but the question applied to the whole acadmey system, and was including wages, staff to develope them, the training ground etc, and what of those players who join the club at a young age go through the developement and training and are just released somewhere down the line. I am sure that there have been a hell of a lot more than have been sold, or even that we have made money on

Prephaps someone can do a tread on how much it cost the club to develope young academy players players

There are a few excpetions to that Hoever being one, but the question applied to the whole acadmey system, and was including wages, staff to develope them, the training ground etc, and what of those players who join the club at a young age go through the developement and training and are just released somewhere down the line. I am sure that there have been a hell of a lot more than have been sold, or even that we have made money on

Prephaps someone can do a tread on how much it cost the club to develope young academy players players

No no no - costs other than transfers fees paid don’t count when you’re looking at youth investment.

Peter said so.

So we sign these great young talents, develop them so they are within 1-2 years of being first team contributors, and then sell them?
ManU built their dynasty by always having their kids be active members of their team, even if not top class (OShea, Fletcher, Silva twins etc), while splurging on top class talent. Will we be happy if we sell Elliot for 25 million so we can sign Saar?

I have zero time for that Manchester Harry Potter Class of 2010, however I firmly believe that that Edwards guy or whoever the fuck is in charge of our transfers deserves some credit because of our dealings over the past couple of years. I hate the lizards as much as anyone but it's not like some random guy on Twitter decided Brewster should be sold based on his Youtube highlights

We were never going to sign Werner and Sarr anyway, so even to start with that's a BS comparison, and that's before examining whether any of those claims are actually true.

Were Norwich and Wolves demanding payment up front? Isn't that highly unusual for transfers? The norm is instalments over several years.

I can't believe we've not bought anyone from Southampton ...it's been ages

Why get rid of ox ?

If we can keep him, we should do just that , no point in trimming the squad down too aggressively

That’s cos Jota is an upgrade of Ox. There are similarities in terms of playing style but Jota isn’t as injury prone as Ox.

Wolves need a like for like replacement, they think Ox is that player and they are willing to pay. If we demand 25 Mil, and Wolves end up paying, Edwards deserves to be knighted.

Why get rid of ox ?

If we can keep him, we should do just that , no point in trimming the squad down too aggressively
Because he's unlikely to get much match time, it looks like he's way down the order now and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were to sell him, he probably recognises this too.

Bank the cash while he is still in his prime.

Because he's unlikely to get much match time, it looks like he's way down the order now and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were to sell him, he probably recognises this too.

Bank the cash while he is still in his prime.
He's on relatively big wages for the amount he plays too, I think his base wages aren't far off the top earners.

Factor in the injuries, & if get shut.

That’s cos Jota is an upgrade of Ox. There are similarities in terms of playing style but Jota isn’t as injury prone as Ox.

Wolves need a like for like replacement, they think Ox is that player and they are willing to pay. If we demand 25 Mil, and Wolves end up paying, Edwards deserves to be knighted.

Yeah - but then we need to replace Ox to fill another f*cking hole, Jota is replacing Lallana right ? - so we saying sell Ox and now let Jones be the man that takes his place ? or sell Ox and replace with no one.

Yeah - but then we need to replace Ox to fill another f*cking hole, Jota is replacing Lallana right ? - so we saying sell Ox and now let Jones be the man that takes his place ? or sell Ox and replace with no one.
Jones is replacing Lallana. Jota is replacing either Origi or Shaq. That's how I see it.

Jones is replacing Lallana. Jota is replacing either Origi or Shaq. That's how I see it.

There is very little news on Shaq being moved on right ? - even Origi does not seem to be moving on either. Also - I really hate this argument I hear on the media about "what if one of the front three get injured ? - Liverpool don't have an X,Y,Z..." - I mean honestly did no one see what we did to Barca without Bobby and Salah ? both Shaq and Origi stepped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom