• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (a) Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a Citeh fan I'd be going nuts at KDB. You only have to get pens on target to score now that keepers are stuck to their line. Very happy with a point.

EmUWyolWMAYu--7

It looked like we went for the blow them away in first half hour style. If we had put away other chances then I think we would have won. But we tried in the second half and a pint was a good result in the end. Add the missing players to that team and we win easily.

I must be getting old... I thought that Hendo and Gini (bar one dangerous giveaway each half) were exceptional, in a game where their job was to ensure damage limitation in an overloaded midfield, based upon our risky starting formation.

For me, Hendo is as important a cog as there is in our machine now, and Gini's Da must be the Energizer Bunny!

As well as them, I thought that Robbo was very solid in defense, where we was always likely to spend more time that usual, and that Gomez (other than that stupid barge into KDB's back in the first half) and Matip (other than some very suspect passing at time) both also marshalled the citeh attack very well for most of the game.

Up front, Sadio was unplayable for most of the first half, and Mo was great too, but Bobby badly needs a rest - We really missed some wonderful counter-attacking opportunities that would have put the game away before they'd equalized.

Oh, and Allison was immense. Again.

Last edited:
Anyone who has been critical of Gini's performance yesterday needs a proper kick in the balls. He, along with Hendo were heroic. Outnumbered, and had City players buzzing around all over the show. More than held their own.

Id agree regarding midfield, they battled really hard and had a ridiculous amount of ground to cover. The fact City just shaded it in the middle of the park is because they always had an extra man. Thats not on Gini or Hendo thats on Klopp. His fixation with keeping Firmino in the side has led to this unbalanced formation.

Can't believe the criticism Gini is getting here. I thought him and Hendo did a magnificent job. They ran their socks off, just so Klopp could fudge Bobby in the team.

He had 1 dodgy moment in the first half and then for the goal, he made a decision to move out and block the cross. That decision would have been fine, had Hendo been back in the 6 position, or had Sadio (not been out of position in the first place pressing the ball when he shouldn't have; and then he had the chance to sprint back into CM and cover Gini, and he didn't do it). For me that first goal was mainly on Sadio who unbalanced us.

Yeah, both central mids ran their socks off. They just had too much ground to cover, especially laterally, which is on Klopp.
Both teams looked knackered after 70 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom