• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz was excellent. Should have scored but was fantastic in the 2nd half
He gave their right side a torrid time. Did absolutely fuck all with possession though

What's the fucking point of having someone on such a dramatically different wavelength to everyone else?

That feels like a defeat
Would love to see what a defeat felt like so.

Felt like a win that. Up against the defending treble winners.
Without a fit Salah, a fully Dom, a fit Robertson.
No Trent.
No Matip.
No Konate.
No Jones.
No Jota.
No Thiago.
No Badger.
No Becker.

A kid playing right back who hasn’t started a league game 2 months ago. A 21 year old CB nobody heard of at the start of the season.
We were 1-0 down at HT, playing in the rain away from the Kop and absolutely dominated City like nobody has in years. They had all their big attacking threats back, Haaland, KDB, Foden, Silva and the cunts were made to look like Luton fucking town.

Sure we should have won but fuck me, that was more of a statement than you could ever wish to see with a run in to come.
Confidence will be sky high.

Up the Fucking Reds.

Felt like a defeat me hole!

Didn’t think Doku’s was a pen, got the ball with his thigh and his boot naturally clipped Alexi. I wish Salah didn’t go down. He didn’t need to.

Great game but a lot of excellent performances.

1. Macca for me
2. Endo
3. VvD

Quansah, Diaz, Kelleher, Gomez, Elliott and I thought Nunez too all had excellent games.
Kelleher deserves top 3 for the Foden save alone. He was great with his feet too.

Let's not forget, they hit the post and the bar.
That being said, I think a draw is a fair result.
probably it was. I would have taken a draw before the game, but I think after the second half and the way we had bogged them down almost the entire second half, we should have won.

Would love to see what a defeat felt like so.

Felt like a win that. Up against the defending treble winners.
Without a fit Salah, a fully Dom, a fit Robertson.
No Trent.
No Matip.
No Konate.
No Jones.
No Jota.
No Thiago.
No Badger.
No Becker.

A kid playing right back who hasn’t started a league game 2 months ago. A 21 year old CB nobody heard of at the start of the season.
We were 1-0 down at HT, playing in the rain away from the Kop and absolutely dominated City like nobody has in years. They had all their big attacking threats back, Haaland, KDB, Foden, Silva and the cunts were made to look like Luton fucking town.

Sure we should have won but fuck me, that was more of a statement than you could ever wish to see with a run in to come.
Confidence will be sky high.

Up the Fucking Reds.

Felt like a defeat me hole!
You're right, but we dropped two points because of all those no's and, without some very good luck from here on out, we will say that again.

In terms of a performance, it was good. But we want to win the league.

Let's not forget, they hit the post and the bar.
That being said, I think a draw is a fair result.
No no no.
The shot against the bar came off Foden's hand and the commentator said at the time that would definitely be ruled out.

And a draw absolutely not a fair result. Over 90 mins we were by far the better team and deserved to win.

19 shots to 10.

Agreed, one of my other posts said that

Everything else he touched turned to shit.

I also said he deserves slack as he's just come back from injury
At the highest level one piece of world class play should be enough. We just looked for Diaz almost exclusively as he had them on toast.

Elliott was also excellent considering the minutes he’s played.

I thought the refereeing was overzealous at the start of the season with the Curtis Jones, Mac Allister and VVD reds, but they've gone and abandoned all of that to the point the league is tolerating high boots to the chest. Zero consistency, it's plain awful officiating.

Well, we definitely need to win every remaining game now. I really hope we have Jota back in the beginning of April.

Positives :Endo and macca were fucking excellent today
Nice to see szob back
Quansah, bar a hiccup, was solid
Elliott at times is a joy to watch
Kelleher owns a shamrock patch

Negatives: Diaz needs to work on his finishing and passing. He's so close to being wonderful, but he's either thick or just shit. He's Yannick bolasie with a sob story
Gakpo. Mate. Be less anonymous. Do fucking something.
Were shit at set pieces. I hate it

I am fully convinced now, Endo has to play at DM ahead of Maca. For both the reasons, Maca offers much more playing ahead and Endo was bossing it with his positioning and intelligence.
Bossed Chelsea's world class midfielders.
Bossed Man City's world class midfielders.

At this rate, it wouldn't be far-fetched for Japanese Kante to be our player of the season.

Yeah, that helped us tremendously today.
Was merely correcting your stupid comment as clearly he can score and has done repeatedly of late.

It was wet today and plenty of great players on both sides missed chances in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom