• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

We played a lot better than i was expecting today. 4 of our back 5 would be on the bench if everyone was fully fit and our two best attackers weren’t starting.

We should have won, with or without that Doku kung fu kick. But I’d have taken that draw, and we are joint top having played majority of our tough away games.

2 weeks til our next league game when Mo, Konate & Szobo will be fully fit, and we might even have Jones & Trent in and around the bench.

I fancy our chances. Proud of this team.

Endo & Macca both contenders for MOTM. Diaz was electric bar his finishing which was a shame.

Yep stonewall penalty for anyone with more than one brain cell. Thats the third massive massive error from VAR / refs against us that are either certain goals or >80% chance goals. Nothing like dropped ball back to your goalie errors either. If we end up losing the league by <2 points or goal difference or some shite, then what the fuck is the point?

Virgil van Dijk vs Manchester City:

• 77/79 passes completed (97%)
• 6/7 long balls completed
• 1/1 aerial duels won
• 4/7 ground duels won
• 4 interceptions
• 3 tackles

He got lucky with the chance Haaland missed. He turned Virgil inside out just finished poorly the rain.
Honestly, Pat... Why do you play this feckin' gombeen character on here? You're obviously far more intelligent than to believe most of the rubbish you post. It's exhausting, mate.

Virgil wasn't "turned inside out", as you put it... He marshalled Haaland the whole way (as he did against Spurs a few years back), pushed him where he wanted him to go, then challenged and put off just as he was shooting, thus rendering the shot utterly harmless. It was outstanding defending. And you know it.

Why do you endlessly play Forest fucking Gump on this site?

Who are you hearing this from? Because they're wrong man.

Mate.. VAR didn't give a penalty for a boot in the chest.

It's not beyond the realms that they'd have missed the handball too.

Howard Webb must be tearing his hair out... (intended)

And don't get me started on Mike Fucking Dean..

Vs Chelsea.. block by Endo.."Subjective foul.. correct decision".. wtf does that even mean and VAR should never be subjective.

Today block on Mac Allister.. "Mac Allister is pulling Akanji.. correct decision"

In what fucking world is Mac Allister pulling Akanji?

I'd rather listen to Mark "I love myself" Clattenburg.

Anyway time for all the important ..... Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatings.

Kelleher 7 - Few good saves today, distribution was ok as well......think he used to left foot more than his right. No blame for the goal even though it creeped in near post. Wasn't thrilled on the cross he decided to punch straight into Foden for.

Bradley 7.5 - Did really well, would've liked him to stay on instead of Gomez tbh.....thought he could've shot in 1 or 2 moments instead of looking for the cut back. Barely gave Alvarez a sniff.
Quansah 7 - Overall a solid performance but there was 1 or 2 moments that could've proved costly but not for Virgil bailing him out.
Virgil 9 - MOTM. Bullied Haaland all game.
Gomez 6 - Thought he struggled with Foden, and when you're not offering anything offensively you have to be ultra good defensively.

Endo 8.5 - Big game player, signing of the summer. He's proven to be more than we could've ever wished for.
Szobo 7 - Working his way back, really wished he'd scored that header which Harvey set him up for.
Mac 8 - Scored the pen and won another. Worked his socks off and really got stuck in the battles with Rodri and Silva. Another game seeing our best midfield 3 gel.

Harvey 7 - Worked his socks off as he do often does, set up a real good chance for Szobo but didn't see too much more of him on the ball.
Nunez 7.5 - Bit of a quiet first half. Won the pen, had a point blank effort saved....and set up Diaz for one of his chances.
Diaz 7 - Had 3 big chances and didn't hit the target with any of them which was disappointing but he's a joy to watch at times, gave Walker a torrid time.

Robbo 6.5 - The cross into Nunez was brilliant, overall we looked better in the last half hour he was on than when Joe was on the pitch. Not quite finished here yet.
Salah 6.5 - His pass into Diaz when he went through was incredible, noticed a time he lost out too cheaply and then didn't track back (think it lead to Foden hitting the bar when Kelleher punched it against him) but liked how he looked up for it and arguing with half their team.
Gakpo 1 - Less said the better.

I honestly hate it when the post match discussion is all about the refs not bailing us out. We should have won the game ourselves, not because of a boot in Macca's chest that probably wouldn't have led to a goal even if it didn't happen.
We missed too many clear cut chances and they missed chances too.
On another day, with more options on the bench like Jota, we would have comfortably won this game.

City fan on RedCafe:

We should have lost that 3 or 4-1. For once its us getting away with one vs Liverpool. Huge boost for them, playing us off the park with 3/4 of a team. Could have stolen it at the end but we didn't even deserve a draw.

KDB and Alvarez were fecking awful today.
Harvey Elliot put in a Bernardo Silva today, thought he was motm, he must have run 20km.
-----

Real Madrid fan :

What a game. City very lucky, Liverpool should’ve won.

Honestly, Pat... Why do you play this feckin' gombeen character on here? You're obviously far more intelligent than to believe most of the rubbish you post. It's exhausting, mate.

Virgil wasn't "turned inside out", as you put it... He marshalled Haaland the whole way (as he did against Spurs a few years back), pushed him where he wanted him to go, then challenged and put off just as he was shooting, thus rendering the shot utterly harmless. It was outstanding defending. And you know it.

Why do you endlessly play Forest fucking Gump on this site?
Because hes a pretentious try-hard cynic who thinks that constantly criticising us lends him some reverse superfan kudos.

With some distance from the match, and an eye on City v Arsenal after the international break, I think a draw wasn't so bad. The way we played in the second half bodes well for the run in.

One thing - where does Trent fit in on his return? He doesn't have the tenacity/work ethic to replace Endo, Mac Allister or Curtis, and I'm really enjoying Bradley going up and down the wings

5fydRKF.png

With some distance from the match, and an eye on City v Arsenal after the international break, I think a draw wasn't so bad. The way we played in the second half bodes well for the run in.

One thing - where does Trent fit in on his return? He doesn't have the tenacity/work ethic to replace Endo, Mac Allister or Curtis, and I'm really enjoying Bradley going up and down the wings
Draw is fine, we have the easiest run in now.....just need to ensure we make the most of it.

Trent will still get his games but he shouldn't be a guaranteed starts.

Oliver was literally paid by City’s owners means there’s no way that’s getting given.

I'd forgotten about that.

Are you being serious?
He was one of our players of the season before his injury. Whether it’s RB or deep midfield he walks straight in. We have been so lucky to have Bradley to slot in but he had two great chances to take a shot on fron the right today in the first half, like I said before Trent takes those chances.

Are you being serious?
He was one of our players of the season before his injury. Whether it’s RB or deep midfield he walks straight in. We have been so lucky to have Bradley to slot in but he had two great chances to take a shot on fron the right today in the first half, like I said before Trent takes those chances.

Problem with those chances is that Trent would not be out there, but centrally in midfield trying to be the new Beckham.

Back
Top Bottom