• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man Utd (a) FA Cup - Sunday 15:30

Credit in the bank?
Well I froze Adrian's account after he got us knocked out of the CL.
Did the same with Riise.
Got Karius convicted for fraud.
I don't have any tolerance for gaffs. Especially when they lead to us getting eliminated.
His credit turned it Disney bucks the moment that happened.
Modo don't fuck around...

Come to think of it...
Adrian got demoted to mascot keeper after his gaff.
Riise was banished by Rafa
Karius - excommunicado

Nunez is lucky Jota isn't around and Gakpo is useless.

Just catching up. There might have been some element of fatigue maybe. But to see Gakpo strolling about as if he had been kneecapped after 20 minutes was sickening. Have you lot seen Man United's injury list by the way? Their back 4 that finished the game was Dalot, Maguire, Fernandes - who couldn't walk, and Antony. Look at the fucking kip of that. We didn't even try to test them.

Where mentality comes into it is in the second half when we were dominant and in control and made lazy decisions, and half-arsed attempts.

Yeah, I'm sure there was an element of fatigue in the team. But to put that down as the single factor, or even the main factor, is wrong and disingenuous.

As painful as it is to say, Man United wanted it more on the day. Accept that and work harder next time. That's all it would have taken.
Twisted his ankle.

And to you hysterical fannies crying about what I said...

Pointing out the lack of effort is so jarring and glaring BECAUSE that is precisely what characterises this team almost in every game. I just don't think they showed it on Sunday. Well, not enough of them.

Look at someone like Diaz. Not perfect by any means, but works his bollocks off. Almost to a fault. Can you say Gakpo put in that level of effort? Look at how the players were in second gear, squandering a multitude of good openings, with lazy, lacklustre passes. We still nearly beat them. Just a percent or two more and they would have had enough. If they didn't have it to give, then fair enough. They've shown it on more than enough occasions. But I don't think that's the case. They played slightly within themselves for my money. United wanted it more, and that was the difference.
Klopp clearly disagrees and feels it was about the number of games played and energy levels :

Obviously today was on and above the edge, it was really tough for us with the 130 or whatever minutes. United had the clear best start, it was obvious, they scored the early goal. We had to organise ourselves a little bit better, we struggled with the man-marking, didn’t play enough, all these kinds of things. In the moment when we found for the first time a way to play then we get rhythm and then it looked really good. Then we were absolutely deserved 2-1 up. And second half was exceptional, absolutely exceptional what we played here.

But we didn’t finish the game off and when you leave the door open away from home at Old Trafford, it’s clear they will get chances. They could score the equaliser and Marcus big chance at the end of normal time, so they can win it there. I see that, it’s clear. Then it got really hard for us, then it was really hard for us. That was now the first time that I really saw my team struggling, that’s how it is. We played a lot of football recently.

Well I froze Adrian's account after he got us knocked out of the CL.
Did the same with Riise.
Got Karius convicted for fraud.
I don't have any tolerance for gaffs. Especially when they lead to us getting eliminated.
His credit turned it Disney bucks the moment that happened.
Modo don't fuck around...

Nunez had already got 2 assists (in a fashion) that game. A misplaced pass 35 yards from goal still relies on other people being awake

It also relies on us not Brian farting a 4th as well

Comparing that to a semi final CL gaff (riise and Adrian), a final CL gaff (karius), seems beyond harsh

Nunez had already got 2 assists (in a fashion) that game. A misplaced pass 35 yards from goal still relies on other people being awake

Comparing that to a semi final CL gaff (riise and Adrian), a final CL gaff (karius), seems beyond harsh

It's not even that, for me.

Players make mistakes sometimes. Even our best players, the likes of Van Dijk and Alisson, have fucked up before and given goals away. It doesn't achieve anything to focus in on a simple error, and it's really mean-spirited.

It's when players are consistently playing poorly and are clearly not good enough that it becomes an issue.

Is that Brian from Family Guy

I'm obviously kidding

Why isn't Nunez getting any flack for giving away the ball?

Probably because he was exhausted and felt discomfort in his hamstring. These type of mistakes can happen when you're tired. Its not an excuse but its also not worth starting a hate campaign over either.

Probably because he was exhausted and felt discomfort in his hamstring. These type of mistakes can happen when you're tired. Its not an excuse but its also not worth starting a hate campaign over either.
Yeah shit happens, but that was really bad. Hope he learns from it.

Why isn't Nunez getting any flack for giving away the ball?

Yeah it was retarded, and I was fuming with him. But he works his arse off every game and has been in good form. I thought Elliott was shit as well, but I'm not digging him out for the same reason.

Klopp clearly disagrees and feels it was about the number of games played and energy levels :

Obviously today was on and above the edge, it was really tough for us with the 130 or whatever minutes. United had the clear best start, it was obvious, they scored the early goal. We had to organise ourselves a little bit better, we struggled with the man-marking, didn’t play enough, all these kinds of things. In the moment when we found for the first time a way to play then we get rhythm and then it looked really good. Then we were absolutely deserved 2-1 up. And second half was exceptional, absolutely exceptional what we played here.

But we didn’t finish the game off and when you leave the door open away from home at Old Trafford, it’s clear they will get chances. They could score the equaliser and Marcus big chance at the end of normal time, so they can win it there. I see that, it’s clear. Then it got really hard for us, then it was really hard for us. That was now the first time that I really saw my team struggling, that’s how it is. We played a lot of football recently.

Klopp isn't gonna come out and say his team didn't want it enough, is he? That's a good way to get the team against you. Obviously.

We still haven't gotten over it? Mistakes were made, players f'ed up.. Klopp got it wrong. It's not like it's end of the world.

The title is very much on, and we still have Man U to come.

Klopp isn't gonna come out and say his team didn't want it enough, is he? That's a good way to get the team against you. Obviously.

Especially since it isn't true.

We have come within a hairs breadth of outcomes like this multiple times during a run against far worse teams, and the effects of the run of games is cumulative. United are better than some of the teams we almost failed to get results against, especially in exactly the sort of game state we just saw.

We can have heart and belief and all that other meaningless horseshit and still lose a game against united if we are off form and don't take our chances.

You are SOOOOO wrong

Adrian's gaff was in the round of 16, not semi finals

Especially since it isn't true.

We have come within a hairs breadth of outcomes like this multiple times during a run against far worse teams, and the effects of the run of games is cumulative. United are better than some of the teams we almost failed to get results against, especially in exactly the sort of game state we just saw.

We can have heart and belief and all that other meaningless horseshit and still lose a game against united if we are off form and don't take our chances.

United are fucking shite. We found a way to lose, rather than them forcing the win. That result was so avoidable.

Lads...

We get super-lucky against Forest a few weeks back and lose to the scum on Sunday, or we win 3-2 in extra time on Sunday but don't manage to get that last second winner at the City Ground - Which would you prefer?

Some of yiz are going so OTT on this one... Do you really expect us to win every game we ever play? We were never going to win the f#$@ing quadruple that others kept forcing down our throats - We deffo picked the least important match to forget how to play football.

I don't understand the intensity of some these posts. Is it simply the opposition? Would yiz be as furious if this had been Aston Villa we just lost to?

You're 100% right. No arguments. But we were out on our feet, and understandably so... Sometimes that shit just happens.

Hmm. Just disappointing given the conditions and the opposition. Like I said, look at the kip of their team and the fact that it was in our hands. We shouldn't have let that slip. They just had to do the basics.

For me it was the manner of the defeat. It should have been won. My worry is that mindset happens in a league game and we drop some silly points when we can't afford to.

Hmm. Just disappointing given the conditions and the opposition. Like I said, look at the kip of their team and the fact that it was in our hands. We shouldn't have let that slip. They just had to do the basics.
That's fair. I agree. I just feel that we can't expect this team to keep going at the pace we've been maintaining for the past month or two... Something had to give, and I'd rather it was this match than a league match.

Yes, the fact it was them is shite. But, those cunts will get bent over by Cheats 115 in May anyway, so fuck it... If we figure out a way to end the season on top, we won't even remember this one.

For me it was the manner of the defeat. It should have been won. My worry is that mindset happens in a league game and we drop some silly points when we can't afford to.
Agree with this also. Thing is, now this is out of our system, I don't see it happening again. And, if it doesn't, I like our chances in the league... I'm playing the law of averages here, but this was always gonna happen somewhere - Glad it was in a cup match that doesn't matter a jot if we can surge on in the league.

Back
Top Bottom