• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maureen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senior figures at Manchester United are growing increasingly frustrated with Jose Mourinho’s behaviour after he was hit with a third FA charge in the space of month.
Sportsmail understands that United chief Ed Woodward will not take any action against Mourinho, who was sent to the stands for angrily kicking a water bottle on the touchline in Sunday’s draw at home to West Ham.
But other members of the club’s hierarchy are concerned that Mourinho’s conduct is becoming a distraction to the team as United struggle through their worst start to a league season in 27 years.

More stories like this please!

Senior figures at Manchester United are growing increasingly frustrated with Jose Mourinho’s behaviour after he was hit with a third FA charge in the space of month.
Sportsmail understands that United chief Ed Woodward will not take any action against Mourinho, who was sent to the stands for angrily kicking a water bottle on the touchline in Sunday’s draw at home to West Ham.
But other members of the club’s hierarchy are concerned that Mourinho’s conduct is becoming a distraction to the team as United struggle through their worst start to a league season in 27 years.

The worst start to a season in 27 years is interesting if you look at the other Top 10 "worst" starts for United; three of the other "worst starts" ended up with them as Champions, and only one resulted in a finish outside the Top 4 (seventh).

The worst start to a season in 27 years is interesting if you look at the other Top 10 "worst" starts for United; three of the other "worst starts" ended up with them as Champions, and only one resulted in a finish outside the Top 4 (seventh).

Thats with Fergie as manager though. Mourinho is behind both Moyes and Van Gaal after 13 games, pointswise.

Even Martin Keown was getting it right about Mourinho, pointing out how in his interviews he talks about himself when they win and 'the players' when they lose, and how that can easily create a divide between the manager and the squad. Henry Winter added that Maureen is now known as 'The Optician' by the hacks because he is obsessed with 'I's. There's still hope that this magnificent bore will alienate his bosses before too long.

We hope not. We need this to go on for a season or two. Really start to make the Rot a little more irreversible with a few more expensively bad signings.

November 2015 and Jose Mourinho was in meltdown. The cracks were showing in his troubled regime at Chelsea and he had been punished by the FA for ranting at referee Jon Moss during a game against West Ham.

The following month, Mourinho turned on his players by accusing them of ‘betraying my work’ after another defeat by Leicester City. Three days later he was gone.

It has become a familiar story in the career of the Portuguese coach. Short stays averaging three years, usually ending with an untidy exit soured by rancour and recrimination.

0308781E00000FA0-0-image-a-13_1480368516062.jpg

Now there is a difference, however. Mourinho appears to be reaching this point after just six months at Manchester United.
Ironically, Moss was again the target of his anger in another game against West Ham at Old Trafford on Sunday. Mourinho was dismissed from the touchline for the second time in six games and now faces his third FA charge in a month.

His bond with the players which broke down so spectacularly in his second spell at Chelsea a year ago is already showing signs of fatigue at United. Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Anthony Martial are among those singled out in public, and there are clearly issues to be resolved.

Shaw and Martial did not even make the bench for the 1-1 draw with West Ham even though it is understood both were fit and available. Bastian Schweinsteiger, on the other hand, was among the substitutes having been banished to train with the kids for much of Mourinho’s time at the club.

It adds weight to the argument that Mourinho still does not know his best team a third of the way through the season, with United 11 points behind leaders Chelsea after their worst start to a league campaign for 27 years.

He has two points fewer than David Moyes and Louis van Gaal at the same stage of their first seasons at Old Trafford. Both men were sacked after failing to qualify for the Champions League and United are currently eight points adrift of the top four.

A man of Mourinho’s experience should be expected to provide calm leadership in this situation. Instead, the exasperated coach is kicking water bottles and doing another enforced disappearing act from the dugout as his once mercurial powers have little effect.

3ACDA85A00000578-0-The_Manchester_United_boss_kicked_a_water_bottle_in_frustration_-a-1_1480368070064.jpg

Just how he has reached this point so early in his tenure is not easy to fathom. There is little doubt, though, that Mourinho’s mind is troubled right now.

‘There’s a fine line between madness and genius,’ one club source told Sportsmail . ‘People react differently to pressure and he’s obsessive about winning.

‘Everyone thinks he can live up to his reputation as the Special One but the pressure he is putting himself under needs a release. After all, it’s just kicking a water bottle.

‘But there’s no doubt it’s upset the applecart because he courts controversy in a way others haven’t here. It upsets people at the club because they’re not used to it.’

People at United’s training ground talk about an obsessive man totally absorbed by his problems who will ‘smile at you one minute and blank you the next’.

Some describe Mourinho as having a split personality and appearing to be at odds with himself. Players and staff not involved with the first team are practically ignored, with his assistant Rui Faria left to keep up morale.

There have been stories of Mourinho distancing himself from the players in training or using a side entrance at Carrington to avoid mingling with them in the canteen.

Certainly, he feels that some of them are not taking enough responsibility for turning things around, privately questioning the temperament as well as the quality of the squad.

It is just one aspect of the set-up he inherited that Mourinho believes falls short of what is required. ‘The culture is not what he expected of a big club,’ said a source close to him.

That much was clear on United’s pre-season tour of China when he was unhappy with the poor training facilities and sheer weight of commercial demands on his time.

Mourinho seems to have been in an almost permanent sulk since then. There has been very little humour about the man, not even the moments of mischief that used to light up his media appearances at Chelsea.

Mourinho is irked by suggestions that living permanently in a suite at the Lowry Hotel is to blame for his mood.

Take the family away from the self-confessed family man, however, and it is bound to have an effect — especially when rival Pep Guardiola at Manchester City is settled in an apartment with his wife and their three children literally down the road.

39D897E000000578-0-image-a-3_1480352843466.jpg

Mourinho’s wife, Matilde, and their daughter, also Matilde, are said to be inseparable, so the situation is unlikely to change while the latter stays in London to pursue a career in fashion. For now, he is on his own.

The majority of the players are still behind him, though, and Phil Jones defended his manager’s latest touchline antics on Sunday.

‘That’s just passion. I like to see that from anyone — players and staff,’ said Jones. ‘It’s passion for the game and a willingness to win.’

A year on from his unravelling at Chelsea, it’s also leading Jose Mourinho back down a dark path.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...chester-United-not-used-it.html#ixzz4RVSo29ER
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think the 'senior figures' there will give him enough rope to hang himself. But the situation with the players is something different. Slagging them in public, poor formations and subs, transfers not working out. At most of his other jobs, he's had all the players onboard early doors willing to run through walls for him, doesn't seem to be like that at all this time.

The beauty of Mourinho's latest implosion is that he tends (when in this mindset) to mistrust and erroneously call out the promising young players in his squad.

Take Martial for instance, a potentially brilliant player completely stalled under Mourinho tenure. Mourinho lacks the insight not to scapegoat the young lad and will likely ultimately sell him in the summer for a loss (financially and to the club).

I'd love us to put in a bid for him.

How do you explain his performance?

Maureen – utter helmet (again) | Page 2 | SixCrazyMinutes - Liverpool FC Fans Forum
http://sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/maureen-–-utter-helmet-again.60941/page-2#post-1238588

He's certainly seems to have developed a paranoia that wasn't there in previous jobs but I think its way to early to write him off just yet.

Utd are actually playing the best football since Ferguson left, the results just haven't come yet.

The norm with Mourinho is to bed in during the first season and win the title in his second season.

I won't be celebrating his total failure until he's sacked.

In any case even if he was sacked now he still have one of if not the best records in modern day management

He's Mourinho's league record for you over the last 10 odd years when he's finished a season at a club.

03 Porto 1st
04 Porto 1st
05 Chelsea 1st
06 Chelsea 1st
07 Chelsea 2nd
09 Milan 1st
10 Milan 1st
11 Real 2nd
12 Real 1st
13 Real 2nd
14 Chelsea 3rd
15 Chelsea 1st

That's fucking impressive anyway you want to put it.

I don't get why you isolate the seasons that were failures @Dreambeliever

It was to show that if Utd stick with him he will more than likely delivery titles.

His worst ever result in a full season is 3rd.

I really hope they sack him before he gets his shit together.

you cant use that full season shit when he's been booted mid season ! It's like saying there's a one in 5 chance he will be sacked in the first 4 months of the season..

He's certainly seems to have developed a paranoia that wasn't there in previous jobs but I think its way to early to write him off just yet.

Utd are actually playing the best football since Ferguson left, the results just haven't come yet.

The norm with Mourinho is to bed in during the first season and win the title in his second season.

I won't be celebrating his total failure until he's sacked.

In any case even if he was sacked now he still have one of if not the best records in modern day management

He's Mourinho's league record for you over the last 10 odd years when he's finished a season at a club.

03 Porto 1st
04 Porto 1st
05 Chelsea 1st
06 Chelsea 1st
07 Chelsea 2nd
09 Milan 1st
10 Milan 1st
11 Real 2nd
12 Real 1st
13 Real 2nd
14 Chelsea 3rd
15 Chelsea 1st

That's fucking impressive anyway you want to put it.

Here's another way of looking at it.

Porto - champions 6 out of the 10 yrs previous to Maureen taking over, their worst finish in 10 years was 3rd, 7 points off the top.

Chelsea - at the time the most expensively assembled football team on the planet.

Inter - champions the 3 years running prior to Maureen taking over.

Real Madrid - one of the most expensively assembled teams ever.

Chelsea Mk2 - I think more money was spent on the team than under his first spell - granted prices had gone up.

The point - it's all well and good talking about how guck great he is, but when you've either been given the dominant team or more resources than anyone else - then you should be fucking successful:

The fact the prick is incapable of sustaining success is a big fucking flag in my book.

He's led a charmed life and the minute he actually gets a challenge he's usually out of ideas and fucked off for someone else.

It was to show that if Utd stick with him he will more than likely delivery titles.

His worst ever result in a full season is 3rd.

I really hope they sack him before he gets his shit together.

In what might seem a catastrophic, crazily ill-advised misjudgement, I agree with Dreamy.

It doesn't seem that weird to hypothesise that one of the greatest and most successful managers in football history, at one of the richest, most successful clubs in football history, with one of the most expensive and highly paid squads in football history, might, given time and money, win some trophies

In what might seem a catastrophic, crazily ill-advised misjudgement, I agree with Dreamy.

It doesn't seem that weird to hypothesise that one of the greatest and most successful managers in football history, at one of the richest, most successful clubs in football history, with one of the most expensive and highly paid squads in football history, might, given time and money, win some trophies

Yeah, but not once has he turned around a situation where he's lost it like this. He just doesn't have the skills to do that.

I keep saying - the issue with him is that he can have an expensive squad now but the issue he faces is that the players at his disposal are not that much better than the players at the other top teams. That is the problem he faces - to have kept his reputation intact he would have been best advised to manage in Italy, Spain or Germany where it is mainly a two / one horse race for the league. It is different here now - just look at the top 6 in our league and then you have the mid table teams who on any given day could put on a performance to upset the title contenders. I think it is great - it means that all the top teams including us are literally fucked after every league game and hence it becomes a case of which manager is the best motivator, and the will of the players.

Having said the above shit - I have to confess he does have a great squad but has yet to utilize them in the best way possible. Player for player if you compare his team to ours - they are more talented, we are where we are because of Klopp and the management team not because our players are great - coz they are not.

Woland - I don't understand ?

I think he's suggesting that the minge in question is somewhat tired and not dissimilar in dimensions to the top of a Wellington boot.

However, it has hosted some high profile cock previously, and therefore enjoys infamy due to former glories

Reactions: C/O
Woland - I don't understand ?

I think he's suggesting that the minge in question is somewhat tired and not dissimilar in dimensions to the opening of a Wellington boot.

However, it has hosted some high profile cock previously, and therefore enjoys a certain infamy due to former glories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom