• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maureen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in essence there's no real English examples of note, yet there's tons in spain/italy/Germany

After another mid week europa game that no one cares about, Maureen is claiming that they can still be champions.

Hope Payet tears them a new one.

They also sing in English to the Germans, "if you hate the fucking Germans clap your hands" being one that sticks in the mind from a European game.

Having travelled literally all around Western Europe I can honestly say that I've found massively more lingering resentment about WW2 in the Netherlands than anywhere else. That's not a criticism of the Dutch, because the German occupation of their country was very brutal indeed, all the more gallingly so for the fact that the two nations are cousins from way back (not that the Dutch would like being reminded of this).

As for languages, I don't know if it's still the case but years ago all Dutch children had to study English, French and German at least to O-level.

They also sing in English to the Germans, "if you hate the fucking Germans clap your hands" being one that sticks in the mind from a European game.

I think they might still be a bit upset about being occupied by them a few decades ago.

Luckily we had some water to help separate us from the rest of Europe

And a large military who love fighting

Are there many obvious examples of a club signing a player just to weaken a rival?

The only one I can think of is when Chelsea signed SWP to supposedly stop Arsenal getting him but even that is kinda tenuous.

All top clubs poach the best players of the lesser teams in the league because well a) you're not going to sign the shit ones and b) you can't sign everyone from abroad.

Newcastle bough Shearer quoting that exact reason saying if Utd got him it would be the end for everyone.

Even Martin Keown was getting it right about Mourinho, pointing out how in his interviews he talks about himself when they win and 'the players' when they lose, and how that can easily create a divide between the manager and the squad. Henry Winter added that Maureen is now known as 'The Optician' by the hacks because he is obsessed with 'I's. There's still hope that this magnificent bore will alienate his bosses before too long.

CySf80CXAAAaLie.jpg

He's passed his sell-by date, hasn't he? First they sign up van Gaal when he's over the hill, and now this. It's a re-run of the post-Busby era, except this time they're signing burnouts instead of nobodies to manage that club. Wonderful to see.

He's passed his sell-by date, hasn't he? First they sign up van Gaal when he's over the hill, and now this. It's a re-run of the post-Busby era, except this time they're signing burnouts instead of nobodies to manage that club. Wonderful to see.

Yes. It's as if he's finally got the job he wanted, and then found that all of his passion is spent. I watch him in interviews trying to stir something up and he looks as though even he's bored by his antics.

Yes. It's as if he's finally got the job he wanted, and then found that all of his passion is spent. I watch him in interviews trying to stir something up and he looks as though even he's bored by his antics.

Or possible everyone else has wised up to his antics and no longer finds him "a breath of fresh air" or "entertaining".

I think you mentioned in past, the U.K. press's fawning which wasn't reciprocated on the continent - maybe people are just seeing him for the absolute cunt he is.

Would it surprise anyone here if Rafa ended up managing united at some point in the future ?

Or possible everyone else has wised up to his antics and no longer finds him "a breath of fresh air" or "entertaining".

I think you mentioned in past, the U.K. press's fawning which wasn't reciprocated on the continent - maybe people are just seeing him for the absolute cunt he is.

I think it's more this. People gave him far too much respect earlier on because he was new and his attitude was refreshing to some people. I also think the game has moved on from his dogged, well drilled approach. The Premiership is much more attack focused and there is alot of quality that can undo even the most stubborn sides. I think United have a very talented attack, he's not really sunk his claws into them in that respect, because they still have their fair share of relatively lightweight, tippy tappy players that he normally likes to alienate (Mata, Martial, Depay etc). But I think his big mistake so far has been Ibra, however talented the guy is, he's incredibly slow for fronting a Premiership attack, when you're trying to shoehorn Rooney in there too, it just adds to the one dimentional, paceless approach.

I still think they will improve and it's early days to be writing them/him off, but it's starting to drag out more than I thought it would, which is hugely entertaining for the rest of us.

Would it surprise anyone here if Rafa ended up managing united at some point in the future ?

My flabber would be totally gasted. I very much doubt he'd want that particular job and he might be worried about his family's situation if he took it, seeing as how they still live on the Wirral.

Nah, dont think they would ever consider him. And why should they in all honesty?

If Mourinho isnt the answer, I'm curious to who they'll see as the solution. Hope they dont go after someone like Tuchel.

Talking of the Bundesliga, I wonder about Ancelotti. I've seen one or two reports recently suggesting not everything is rosy behind the scenes at Bayern.

Talking of the Bundesliga, I wonder about Ancelotti. I've seen one or two reports recently suggesting not everything is rosy behind the scenes at Bayern.

Saw that. I highly doubt they would do something so early in the season. They're 3 points behind RB Leipzig having only lost once and qualified for the knock out stages in the CL.
They, like us, don't usually fire managers that easily but that result away to Rostov probably got the papers writing some stories.

The stories also included that their target would be Klopp... And we all know that wont happen..

Nah, dont think they would ever consider him. And why should they in all honesty?

If Mourinho isnt the answer, I'm curious to who they'll see as the solution. Hope they dont go after someone like Tuchel.

Potch I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom