• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Messing in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca spend 110% of their income on wages.
They have to cut 200 mill € from their current wage budget to get Messi in according to La Liga’s new FFP regulations.

Barca spend 110% of their income on wages.
They have to cut 200 mill € from their current wage budget to get Messi in according to La Liga’s new FFP regulations.
Impossible, that's about 50% .

How did Barca get so fucked up.

What I want to know is where the fuck the PL's FFP is, the slimy bastards.

They could re-sign him, but they're unwilling to agree to the new TV deal that La Liga have put forward. They're clinging onto the hope that the Super League will still happen, and they're willing to let Messi go to see it through. They know how much Messi means to the league, and so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy to squeeze a more beneficial TV deal out of La Liga. It does all look pretty definitive, though.

232118962_4695875967136696_8763922406383070482_n.jpg

I see Fabrizio Romano was quoting Laporta as saying Messi's deal was basically two years, but with the salary spread over 5 years and La Liga weren't having it. It's nice when clubs try to do dodgy shit and get pulled up on it by their leagues. Premier League and UEFA could learn from La Liga.
Pretty sure they'd have got stung on an accounting basis anyway, definitely in the second year of the contract if not in the first (onerous contract rules for any techies out there). So La Liga might just have been anticipating this.

They could re-sign him, but they're unwilling to agree to the new TV deal that La Liga have put forward. They're clinging onto the hope that the Super League will still happen, and they're willing to let Messi go to see it through. They know how much Messi means to the league, and so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy to squeeze a more beneficial TV deal out of La Liga. It does all look pretty definitive, though.

The new tv deal wont cover it either, so they’re fucked no matter what. Their only hope is a change in the new La Liga FFP wage limit.

Didn’t some hedge fund purchase 10% of the La Ligue just this week for 3bn? Interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom