• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this stage, we should just sign his parents to produce more midfielders for us. It would probably be within FSG's budget, all fees to be paid in installments over the life span of successful spawn.

If they are planning on more kids then this is a wise investment.

If we were in for Tielmans we wouldn’t be saying so now. We can’t sign the player until the summer even though he can talk to foreign clubs. Which is a mad rule.

The Tielemans situation is weird. But I saw yesterday that Leicester have been trying to get him to sign a new deal with several offers being made. They are extremely impressed by his professionalism even though he just has 6 months left.
Appaz he is on very high wages and most clubs outside the PL will struggle to match those demands and current wages. I guess that explains the lack of interest from certain clubs.

Remember when we were in the same position regarding Virgil? It's not ideal and it may turn out not to be enough but, if we buy those lesser players instead, we know for certain from dreary experience that that will turn out to be false economy.

Yes, you make a good case. We then have the piece to build the midfield around, and I also think that no. 8 is the hardest part to find, thus also the most expensive.

Oh, that is odd. Is this another of those brexit shitpackages served up?
It’s very logical and a rule applied in Germany, Spain and Italy too.
It’s to prevent domestic conflict of interest whereby a player could end up influencing a game between his current employer and his soon to be new one. We can start negotiations in June in the last month of his contract not after it expires.

It’s very logical and a rule applied in Germany, Spain and Italy too.
It’s to prevent domestic conflict of interest whereby a player could end up influencing a game between his current employer and his soon to be new one. We can start negotiations in June in the last month of his contract not after it expires.

Makes sense then, but it would then also need to apply between an English and a foreign club who are in the same European competition.

Remember when we were in the same position regarding Virgil? It's not ideal and it may turn out not to be enough but, if we buy those lesser players instead, we know for certain from dreary experience that that will turn out to be false economy.

And if we buy Bellingham and can't restore the squad sufficiently, such that he wants to leave after 3 years to Real et al, he'll be the Coutinho type sale to fund the next phase of the rebuild. He'll either succeed for us as a player or as a revenue source.

I agree that spreading his fee over multiple players is a false economy.

In general, I agree with your statement. But we need Bellingham and at least one more top-class midfield signing. If we spend 150 million on Bellingham, that means we will have to pull off a Robbo-style clever midfield signing.

Just popped in for my daily catch up on what has been said during my working day, before I fall asleep in front of the TV.

Did I just see DB post something sensible, above? Holy fuck

In general, I agree with your statement. But we need Bellingham and at least one more top-class midfield signing. If we spend 150 million on Bellingham, that means we will have to pull off a Robbo-style clever midfield signing.

No argument from me there. Given the price of top class players, FSG's financial model means we're bound to be in that position now and again.

I don't get this general consensus where if you let your contract run down to the last 12 or 6 months, you must be unprofessional.

Tielemans is a quality player and would be a great addition to the squad.

Letting his contract run down isn't the unprofessional bit. That consists of giving less than your best out there on the field, and some of Tielemans' recent displays have justified that charge. I agree that he's quality, but you can't have a player pleasing himself whether or not to bother turning up on the day.

Letting his contract run down isn't the unprofessional bit. That consists of giving less than your best out there on the field, and some of Tielemans' recent displays have justified that charge. I agree that he's quality, but you can't have a player pleasing himself whether or not to bother turning up on the day.
Are we saying that about our players too? There may well be other reasons for his poor games - Leicester have hardly been on fire.

Are we saying that about our players too? There may well be other reasons for his poor games - Leicester have hardly been on fire.

I don't know... there were a lot of reasons to be cautious prior to Leicester bombing, he could be incredibly lax at times. He never really stuck me as a player who would fit our pressing game, regardless of the stats, I've watched him play and he can be incredibly lazy off the ball.

We all love Stevie G, but one thing we shouldn't be doing with Bellingham is selling him on the idea of being the "new Steven Gerrard".

Basically being a captain who carries a team on his back for years and barely wins anything big (1 CL, a couple FA cups) for all his struggles.

We all love Stevie G, but one thing we shouldn't be doing with Bellingham is selling him on the idea of being the "new Steven Gerrard".

Basically being a captain who carries a team on his back for years and barely wins anything big (1 CL, a couple FA cups) for all his struggles.

I'd take a CL win now.

Plus 3 league cups, a uefa Cup and a super cup.

Tick tock.
Classic FSG, no player yet, approaching deadline, as we want "the right player", who might tell us to do one anyway.
We just have to accept these owners are no longer for us, LFC have outgrown them.

We have no money now struggled to get Gakpo but come summer we have the cash to spend £120m plus on one player, and we may or may not be in Europe but definitely not in the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom