• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non LFC summer transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the maxi transfer from Saudi is bullshit numbers, but I really rate him. He's one of the best players in the league to watch. I'm not gonna get into all tactical technical shit because it seems to wind up the stats lads, but he's one of the players it's worth turning up to see.

Sorry, who?

He is almost as strong, also extremely fast and clinical too.

I don’t think he’ll necessarily score as many as the beast Erling but as he’s got better technical ability he might still be as dominant and important. We’ll see mate. United might’ve just sorted their striker-issues for a long time here.

Agree with strong and fast. That can be added but Haaland was a goal a game striker at 19/20, thats clinical. Hojlund has 9 in 32. Thats less than 1 pr 3 games. Thats not clinical. Its below average.
Its actually pretty similar to what Divock Origi had when he moved from Lille to us.

If this happens, football has gone mad. These F'kers from N.London have spent £200m, the Georgian will cost more than £100m, not sure even with their reduced wages, can they not break FFP rules.

Agree with strong and fast. That can be added but Haaland was a goal a game striker at 19/20, thats clinical. Hojlund has 9 in 32. Thats less than 1 pr 3 games. Thats not clinical. Its below average.
Its actually pretty similar to what Divock Origi had when he moved from Lille to us.

If he goes to United let’s hope for a Origi-type of player but he’ll be a star is my bet. We’ll see.

If this happens, football has gone mad. These F'kers from N.London have spent £200m, the Georgian will cost more than £100m, not sure even with their reduced wages, can they not break FFP rules.

Thats not happening. Thats a Teamtalk type rumor.

Was Hojlund always considered a bigger/better prospect than Daramy was? Or was Daramy's potential never really that high to begin with?

A lot more Europeans knew of the name Daramy becfore we knew anything of Hojlund but it appears he's rapidly overtaken him in the developmental line while Daramy's has kinda stagnated?

Was Hojlund always considered a bigger/better prospect than Daramy was? Or was Daramy's potential never really that high to begin with?

A lot more Europeans knew of the name Daramy becfore we knew anything of Hojlund but it appears he's rapidly overtaken him in the developmental line while Daramy's has kinda stagnated?
Daramy’s a year older and after his big move to Ajax he really struggled. Had a great last season back in Copenhagen and is now back with Ajax. He’ll come good.

As 17-year-olds Daramys rep was bigger than that of Højlund who only got a few caps with Copenhagen back then before moving to Austria. Now the tables have turned and Højlund is rated as the biggest prospect in Danish football.

He has scored 6 goals in 4 games for Denmark and even though he’s only scored 9 last season with Atalanta it’s not too bad considering the strength of the league and the team he was playing in.

United paying £72M seems a lot but I think it’ll prove to be a good deal after all for them.

United paying £72M seems a lot but I think it’ll prove to be a good deal after all for them.
Well, here's hoping the pressure gets too him too soon and he joins the long list of overpaid Utd rejects that we can mock and take the piss out of until we're blue in the face.....before making a decent career for himself back in Italy :)

Daramy’s a year older and after his big move to Ajax he really struggled. Had a great last season back in Copenhagen and is now back with Ajax. He’ll come good.

As 17-year-olds Daramys rep was bigger than that of Højlund who only got a few caps with Copenhagen back then before moving to Austria. Now the tables have turned and Højlund is rated as the biggest prospect in Danish football.

He has scored 6 goals in 4 games for Denmark and even though he’s only scored 9 last season with Atalanta it’s not too bad considering the strength of the league and the team he was playing in.

The team he played for are known for their attacking ability and scored the third most goals in the league. He got 9.
The comparison to Haaland are ridiculous to say the least.

Jeeezzeess

Al Hilal have made an offer worth €140m (£120.3m) to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen, with wages on offer in the region of £1m per week.

Well that's only 300 g more than Jordan Henderson, and that boy is at the absolute peak of his powers and is only 24.

That'll be nothing compared to what we end up signing Mbappe for!!!!

Compared to Hendo though that'd see Osimhen pick up around 10x more his current €105k wages.

Hendo isn’t actually getting 700k is he? I’m assuming it has been lost in translation somewhere and the real figure is the equivalent of 700k a week in England, so 350 tax free or whatever. His new club did say it was nowhere near 700k a week.

Hendo isn’t actually getting 700k is he? I’m assuming it has been lost in translation somewhere and the real figure is the equivalent of 700k a week in England, so 350 tax free or whatever. His new club did say it was nowhere near 700k a week.
All the reports I saw said 700k but then again, one says it and they'll all say it without any attempt at verification.

All the reports I saw said 700k but then again, one says it and they'll all say it without any attempt at verification.

Yea who knows, might’ve been a feeble attempt by ettifaq to plead poverty when they were still negotiating a fee

Goals against Finland and Kazakhstan are always a great sign of how good you are as a striker though…
Is it worse than scoring against the likes of Freiburg and Köln playing in a far superior Dortmund team?

You can only score against the teams you are up against.

Look, Haaland’s goal-stats are second-to-none and Højlund might never reach his numbers, that’s very likely. My guess is he’ll be a great signing for any top team (bar City perhaps) and I would not be particularly happy to see him at United. Alongside Eriksen. Great.

Is it worse than scoring against the likes of Freiburg and Köln playing in a far superior Dortmund team?

You can only score against the teams you are up against.

Look, Haaland’s goal-stats are second-to-none and Højlund might never reach his numbers, that’s very likely. My guess is he’ll be a great signing for any top team (bar City perhaps) and I would not be particularly happy to see him at United. Alongside Eriksen. Great.

Haaland scored 9 goals in 1 game against Honduras at the age of 18. But there isnt any point using that stat given the opposition.

I have yet to see anything from Hojlund to warrant 85 mill, and Utd usually have a stinker with their big money signings.

Haaland scored 9 goals in 1 game against Honduras at the age of 18. But there isnt any point using that stat given the opposition.

I have yet to see anything from Hojlund to warrant 85 mill, and Utd usually have a stinker with their big money signings.

Are you saying Hojlund might be another Man Utd Dude!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom