• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Şahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOudlnt this be great :-

Football Juice@Football_Juice
Rumour: Arsenal are interested in signing Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam after missing out on Nuri Şahin from Real Madrid. #LFC

press conference on lfc tv raight now, im parphrasing here but it was something like

journo: will you be looking to add nuri Şahin to the squad
Brendo: yeah from what ive heard from the owners all the paperworks sorted and we're waiting for him to come in over the next 24 hours

Obviously that's a joke. It'd be like beating City to the signing of Higuain and then selling them Carroll.

WOudlnt this be great :-

Football Juice@Football_Juice
Rumour: Arsenal are interested in signing Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam after missing out on Nuri Şahin from Real Madrid. #LFC
How did I miss this!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
hell_freezes_over.png

press conference on lfc tv raight now, im parphrasing here but it was something like

journo: will you be looking to add nuri Şahin to the squad
Brendo: yeah from what ive heard from the owners all the paperworks sorted and we're waiting for him to come in over the next 24 hours
Ah fuck, didn't realise it was on the tv. Any more talk about other transfers?

Obviously that's a joke. It'd be like beating City to the signing of Higuain and then selling them Carroll.
The funny thing is Adam has won more at Liverpool than the entire Arsenal squad combined has won at Arsenal.

Ah fuck, didn't realise it was on the tv. Any more talk about other transfers?
nah not really, asked about dempsey, well, more about fulhams complaint, and he just said he had nothing to say about that and they were dealing with it in house, coy as usual on andy, said he was looking forward to the end of the transfer window because of all the speculation and then said something along the lines of he's more looking to keep hold of the players he already has than buy others, but he was laughing when he said that so i wouldnt read too much into it

They can't prove that Downing isn't a lump of turd.

League goals scored by Stewart Downing last season 0
League goals scored by A Lump of Turd last season 0

ipso facto Downing is a lump of turd, however when you factor in transfer fees and wages a lump of turd actually seems preferable

To be honest I really don't care about Downing's scoring record last season. It's the fact that he didn't get any assists that bothered me. That makes me question his purpose at the club.
Someone once changed his Wiki page to this:

downing.jpg

"is an English footballer who runs around for Liverpool"

Spot on.

Game of small margins - how many times did Downing hit the woodwork? How many times did he cross and a team-mate hit the woodwork, missed a great chance. With a little more luck and better finishing from team-mates this could easily have been 4 goals, 7 assists. I'm not saying that his first season was much better than a disaster, but he can be a decent player for us.

Reactions: HC
I don't like flagging our players, but 20m for Downing is a disgrace. He's a plainly average footballer. For 20m you can get top quality potential, hell you can get top players for that money. What a joke. A relay shame for the club.

I don't like flagging our players, but 20m for Downing is a disgrace. He's a plainly average footballer. For 20m you can get top quality potential, hell you can get top players for that money. What a joke. A relay shame for the club.

100 % agree.

Mr Rodgers:

"He's a great technician," Rodgers said. "If you go back, he was the player of the season in Germany and the captain of Dortmund.
"He was fantastic at a very young age and got a move to Real Madrid, and due to injuries and various factors, it hasn't worked out for him.
"But he's a wonderful player technically and tactically. He understands the game, and we hope that his extra bit of quality will really help the group.
"We hope things will be complete over the weekend. I believe from the club that everything has been organised and sorted in terms of paperwork. So we hope in the next 24 hours that can be done."

I can't really divulge (they'll get sacked, I think) but it's true.

Last week when I said he was in Liverpool, there was a room booked for a new signing but unnamed. I jumped the gun and assumed it was Şahin, but it was Aissadi. The same source has told me there's a room booked for tonight, but that it's Şahin.

Doesn't mean he'll show up, mind.

To be honest I really don't care about Downing's scoring record last season. It's the fact that he didn't get any assists that bothered me. That makes me question his purpose at the club.
Someone once changed his Wiki page to this:

downing.jpg

"is an English footballer who runs around for Liverpool"

Spot on.

Surely if he sets up other players who then proceed to miss the target that's not Downings fault then, is it? I mean how many times did we hit the woodwork or go close last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom