• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Şahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fucking official!

Reds agree Şahin deal
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-Şahin-deal

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid to sign Nuri Şahin on a season-long loan deal, subject to the player passing a medical.
Şahin moved to Madrid last summer fresh from helping Borussia Dortmund secure the German championship and being named as the Bundesliga's Player of the Season.
The playmaker collected another league title winners' medal as the Spanish giants clinched La Liga in May.
Şahin has 31 caps for Turkey and became their youngest ever scorer when he netted on his debut against Germany in 2005, aged 17.
The 23-year-old will now undergo a medical on Merseyside.

YES!

Now I can go to sleep. Hopefully by morning the papers will figure out all the contractual details and sort out the confusion.

74-kleenex.jpg

YES!

Now I can go to sleep. Hopefully by morning the papers will figure out all the contractual details and sort out the confusion.

Yeah, cos they're known for that, papers.

It's not like they take the highest figures they see to make it sound sensational or anything.

You lot can go on believing that this was a roller coaster transfer and Arsene pulled out at the last minute.

Let the record show though, that once again, my info was proved correct. 100% record continues.

And before someone says Xabi, as I said, that is still the plan for when Şahin returns.

He won't, FFF. They're just clips of some of the moments he gets forward from a holding position.

Ok. It's clear I keep misjudging this lad akin to the way Sean Dundee was judged.

If he plays the xabi role is that not pretty much what Allen was brought in to do?

Where do people who know this lad see him fitting in our side?

Welcome to Anfield, Nuri Şahin.
I hope he's gonna be a great success for us.
Wait, but not too big a success, as Madrid will call him back...

IF we get Agger signed up to an extension then I would say this has been a successful window.

Spanish press claimed former Reds Alonso and Arbeloa impressed upon Şahin on the prospect of playing for a great club like Liverpool.

Depending if we get more this could be an exceptional window. That will all be held up with the Carroll saga.

I reckon the £3M+ extra had a say.

We didn't pay three million extra. We paid the same loan fee, plus an extra ten percent of his wages.

Ok. It's clear I keep misjudging this lad akin to the way Sean Dundee was judged.

If he plays the xabi role is that not pretty much what Allen was brought in to do?

Where do people who know this lad see him fitting in our side?
If we were playing a 4-2-3-1, I'd agree, but we're going after a 4-3-3. Both Allen and Şahin can defend. We've got Lucas in there, too. I'll be interested to see how Rodgers sees things, but I'd be dropping Lucas for Şahin for most games. We just don't need an out and out defensive midfielder against most teams in the league. We need all around good players in that area.

Didn't they mention the fact Arsenal wanted an option to buy included was the key? We were happy with a plain loan deal with nothing attached.

On a sidenote:

104 - No player created more goalscoring chances in the 2010-11 German Bundesliga than Nuri Şahin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom