• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh no Joe - Gomez injured on England duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy with the first (senior) game that Nat Phillips played for us, and was also content with Rhys Williams appearances for us. was feel more relaxed about the VVD injury, and the cover we had in Matip,Phillisps and Williams, albeit I still had little confidence in Gomez, but new with his injury, and how Matip seems to be made of glass we have very little choice now than to buy a CB in this window.

We need some one solid,near enough unbreakable and Kalidou Koulibaly fits that bill

I was happy with the first (senior) game that Nat Phillips played for us, and was also content with Rhys Williams appearances for us. was feel more relaxed about the VVD injury, and the cover we had in Matip,Phillisps and Williams, albeit I still had little confidence in Gomez, but new with his injury, and how Matip seems to be made of glass we have very little choice now than to buy a CB in this window.

We need some one solid,near enough unbreakable and Kalidou Koulibaly fits that bill
Disagree with pretty much all the points above! I was happy with Phillips and Williams like you, but that did not really make me more relaxed about VVD injury. That will hurt us over the course of the season - no doubt. The one benefit I could see happening was Joe Gomez rising to the occasion and becoming a more consistently top class defender. He was definitely showing good signs of rising to the challenge. If, as expected, he is out long-term - it is a huge blow to our season.
I just cannot see us going for Koulibaly - and don't want to see that happen. If Phillips and Williams continue on current track we might do no more than bring in a short-term/loan backup.

Just have to hope Fabs is back

TPG texted me (this is his personal opinion, and he's basing it on nothing) saying don't bank on Fabinho being back for the first game after the internationals. Klopp only said he would be fit after the break, he didn't specify when exactly. And the club and Klopp are being extremely tight-lipped over injuries these days.

So fuck knows who will be at the back against Leicester. All I know is that we're gonna get twatted.

TPG texted me (this is his personal opinion, and he's basing it on nothing) saying don't bank on Fabinho being back for the first game after the internationals. Klopp only said he would be fit after the break, he didn't specify when exactly. And the club and Klopp are being extremely tight-lipped over injuries these days.

So fuck knows who will be at the back against Leicester. All I know is that we're gonna get twatted.

Fabinho seems to be one of those players that always takes 8 weeks to recover from a 2 week injury

We're due some good news from a scan, but we all know its gonna be 7-8 months and missing the rest of the season and the Euros.

11 games until Jan. Hopefully we can get through that period with Matip + Fabs with Rhys/Nat rotating in. That can't last the season so surely we will be lining up someone to arrive on 1st Jan, ideally someone who can cement a long term role in the side.

11 games until Jan. Hopefully we can get through that period with Matip + Fabs with Rhys/Nat rotating in. That can't last the season so surely we will be lining up someone to arrive on 1st Jan, ideally someone who can cement a long term role in the side.

If we win against Atalanta at home, then we can at least use a very makeshift CB pairing against Ajax and Midgetland.
That will be two CL games were we can rest Fabs - Matip.

If we win against Atalanta at home, then we can at least use a very makeshift CB pairing against Ajax and Midgetland.
That will be two CL games were we can rest Fabs - Matip.

Presumably we can add another player - Phillips - to the CL squad, can't we?

If Fabs can keep himself fit then I'm confident we'll be alright. Williams and Phillips have already proven their competence.

Fabinho, Matip, Phillips and Williams can get us through to January. Talk of a title challenge being over is utter bollocks. We'll recruit in January and other teams will start to fall apart over Christmas.

Williams can play CL ties, Phillips in the PL. Both these competitions play to their strengths. Koumeito also looks extremely promising.

That may all sound overly optimistic, but let's remember Klopp was happy with his strength and depth at CB in the summer and so far this crisis has not hindered results. The lads who have came in have all performed to a high level. I'm confident they can continue.

Not even in an emergency? That means we only have Matip and Williams.

Hendo's going to have to end up getting minutes there I guess.

This reminds me of Houllier's first season, before he got Hyypia etc.

I'm sure Carra and someone like Staunton ended up playing CB for us.

Maybe we need to sign two centre halves in January tbh.

Van Dijk is out for ages, Gomez probably too - and he's injury prone anyway - and Matip can't be relied on.

Two seasons ago, Joel Matip played just about every league & European game from the end of January to the CL Final - maybe, just maybe, he can manage something similar again
20.png
Fingers crossed

Joe Gomez has today had successful surgery on a tendon in his left knee. Liverpool not ruling out he could play again this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom