• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxlade-Chamberlain proving that once you've played for Southampton you will end up at Liverpool somehow.

There is no escape.

( stolen from twitter )

Still not convinced by that

They've not got a decent striker
They've got zero pace
They're top heavy in attacking mid, meaning half their new signings won't play
And to top it all, their defence isn't that good and is aging

Nah. Everton have improved, but not enough to bridge the gap

Furry muff. I certainly hope you're right. :cool:

It's so refreshing to see a football player make a career decision based on football, and not money.

Outstanding character from a young man.
I'm aware that he's still getting over 100k (a week!), but I'm still a bit shocked.

Great stuff, and this attitude can only be a good thing with regards to his willingness to improve and achieve.

Ox rejected 180k at arsenal
220k at chelsea
And
Accepted 120k at liverpool

Least we know it's a decision based on football. But I dunno I've just never been a fan. Saw him play in the middle for England he looked lost. Then last season in the middle he looked poor and even on the wing he's decent but not great. He's a 'meh' signing for me personally. On top of that his goal return is shockingly bad for someone who has played for the majority of his games in a advanced position. Sorry but 9 goals is shit no matter how you look at it. He doesn't even strike the ball that well.

Manz out here expecting lfc to just sign top class worldly players.
We need some decent squad fjllers, that's what the ox will be for us.
Yes it's lots of money but we spent next to nothing last summer actually nothing in Jan and not a huge amount so far.

I'm ok with this, it is exactly omg wow but I disagree about it being meh.

Plus more than the actual player and his ability, it's also what it says about the footballing landscape ATM.
Sign Lemar& keep phil shows we have really moved forward

We have enough goal scorers in the team so I'm not overly concerned with his goal scoring record. The stat about him hitting the woodwork also goes to show how 'misleading' purely looking at goals scored and assisted can be.

Last edited:
Something I dug out while looking up for his stats.

Dated 2013
REVEALED: How Arsenal have to pay Southampton £10,000 each time The Ox plays 20 minutes
[article]Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.

Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).

Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.

Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.[/article]

Arsenal revealed to be paying Southampton £10,000 every time Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain plays 20 minutes or more
[article]Take a look at his appearances last season – he featured predominantly from the bench despite supporters calls for him to feature in the starting line-up – and a trend is seen to develop.

Having made 33 appearances for the Gunners last season, Oxlade-Chamberlain was on the pitch for 20 minutes or less 13 times, with the majority seeing him introduced around the 71st minute.
It appears that the clause was certainly in Wenger’s mind during games and having an impact on when to play the midfielder – giving him less than 20 minutes in a 90 minute game is hardly allowing the 20-year-old to have a major impact.

But Wenger, ever keen to remain financially aware of everything that happens at his club, had not accounted for stoppage time, something which Saints had picked up on. When they demanded that Arsenal pay for these appearances, the Gunners had no option but to cough up, meaning that the north Londoners will have paid over £200,000 in additional payments to the south coast side for last season alone.[/article]

Not entirely to be blamed for his lack of progress then I guess?

IMG_20170830_210259.jpg

Something I dug out while looking up for his stats.

Dated 2013
REVEALED: How Arsenal have to pay Southampton £10,000 each time The Ox plays 20 minutes
[article]Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.

Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).

Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.

Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.[/article]

Arsenal revealed to be paying Southampton £10,000 every time Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain plays 20 minutes or more
[article]Take a look at his appearances last season – he featured predominantly from the bench despite supporters calls for him to feature in the starting line-up – and a trend is seen to develop.

Having made 33 appearances for the Gunners last season, Oxlade-Chamberlain was on the pitch for 20 minutes or less 13 times, with the majority seeing him introduced around the 71st minute.
It appears that the clause was certainly in Wenger’s mind during games and having an impact on when to play the midfielder – giving him less than 20 minutes in a 90 minute game is hardly allowing the 20-year-old to have a major impact.

But Wenger, ever keen to remain financially aware of everything that happens at his club, had not accounted for stoppage time, something which Saints had picked up on. When they demanded that Arsenal pay for these appearances, the Gunners had no option but to cough up, meaning that the north Londoners will have paid over £200,000 in additional payments to the south coast side for last season alone.[/article]

Not entirely to be blamed for his lack of progress then I guess?
That's borderline autistic from Wenger if true

Explains a lot actually

We have enough goal scorers in the team so I'm not overly concerned with his goal scoring record. The stat about him hitting the woodwork also goes to show how 'misleading' purely looking at goals scored and assisted can be.
hitting the woodwork, hah!, now that's a stat we've bossed decisively for the past couple of seasons. And it appears that AOC will only make it better. That said, despite the initial disappointment when the news first broke, i get the feeling that he will improve the side and enable us challenge on multiple fronts. Onwards and upwards!

What number do we think he'll take? 8 is currently free.. but surely that has Keita all over it. He currently wears 15 which Studgey has here.. hmm might be something between 25-29?

3 and 4 are free but I can't see him in either of those? Unless he fancies a rebrand in the 4 jersey

As I've said I love the fact he turned down Chelsea for us.

My only concern is that injury record.

Could easily be another Studge/Banana on our hands.

Really hope not

What number do we think he'll take? 8 is currently free.. but surely that has Keita all over it. He currently wears 15 which Studgey has here.. hmm might be something between 25-29?

3 and 4 are free but I can't see him in either of those? Unless he fancies a rebrand in the 4 jersey

4 will go to VVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom