• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players you can't remember playing for Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember pretty much all of them - even the names of ones that didn’t play much.

Even tough I remember him being here on loan… I can’t remember a single game Victor Moses played in.
He cost £1m in loan fees. He wasn't great, which is why he wasn't signed but nor was he a Diomede. I just remember Moses not being particularly fast for a winger

Stig Inge Bjornebye. Admittedly I was a nipper when he started, but for a guy who was at the club for 8 years I can't remember a single contribution from him.
I remember sitting in the old main stand, watching as stig crossed the ball, about level with where i sat, by from the left in the dying moments of the match for Robbie to head home at the kop end. This made it 4-3 (the 2nd iteration) having blown a 3 goal lead.

I screamed so hard, on the way home i had to stop on the hard shoulder to recuperate as i couldnt stop coughing - id desytoyed my vocal chords.

Fun fact: was randomly sitting next to Big Mick from brookie. Seemed like a nice bloke.

I remember pretty much all of them - even the names of ones that didn’t play much.

Even tough I remember him being here on loan… I can’t remember a single game Victor Moses played in.
He missed a sitter in that match at Crystal Palace on about the 90th minute

Back in the mid-90s I was on the Alan Kennedy tour. At one point we were at Melwood as the players were arriving for training, Mark Kennedy drove in and not a single one of us recognised him. Tells its own story.

Shame we didn't get Karlheinz Riedle earlier in his career. Fine player (especially good in the air despite not being that tall), excellent partner for the young Michael Owen at the start of his career and a good influence in the dressing-room, but ultimately didn't have enough left in his legs to last the pace of English football.

Sebastian Leto, I had high hopes for him as well
I seen him play a few times for Panathinaikos...

Who was the player than done a stupid random turn when the ball was coming towards him and it's now immortalised as a gif?

I seen him play a few times for Panathinaikos...

Who was the player than done a stupid random turn when the ball was coming towards him and it's now immortalised as a gif?

Big Ragnar Klavan?

liverpool-insane.gif

Nuri Şahin was quite a player prior to joining us if I remember. Rodgers didnt seem to know how to use him.

He was good enough for Real Madrid to sign him from Dortmund but his career had started to stall a bit, which is why Real were willing to loan him to us. I actually thought he started quite well, but the wheels were coming off Rodgers' regime by then and he never quite seemed to know exactly what he wanted from Şahin.

There's a side story about Şahin which I hope is true. He had played for Jürgen at Dortmund and palled up with Jürgen's sons then. The story goes that by the time Şahin came to us they were a bit older, he invited them over for a holiday and when they were here he took them to a game at Anfield which they absolutely loved. When they got home they apparently raved about it to their dad and that - it's said - was the first time LFC really came on to his radar. The fact that, when Jürgen announced his contract extension recently, he mentioned that they as well as Ulla were enthusiastic supporters of the idea would tend to suggest there's something to all this. :)

Abel Xavier, his contract with us was cancelled by mutual consent
How do you forget Xavier, his hair was a beacon for something. These days he is doing a great impression of rightwing outcast, "ex-Gay", self confesses troll Milo
0_JS86322616.jpg

A lot of the Benetiz deadwood I have difficulty with. I had to Google them.

Jan Kromkamp
Albert Riera
Josemi
Antonio Nunez

3 of these had their moment in the sun with Rafa.

Kromkamp played in the FA Cup final (might have started and picked up an injury, or he came off the bench).
Rivera had a great spell when Rafa was going well in the league, was he in the team that battered Man United and then Real Madrid?
Josemi, he definitely had a few massive games in Europe. Then moved to Real (?)to sit on their bench.

Houllier was pretty brutal with Xavier.

I think he was bought by Thompson when Houllier was off. When Houllier returned he didn't waste a lot of time in sending him out on loan and very publicly saying he wasn't welcome back.

I believe even Nunez was on the pitch when we beat the Chavs to go through to Istanbul in 2005.

He was. He also played in the Olympiakos game and was involved in our second goal.

I was just reminded that he scored in the league Cup final that year too. If we were talking about games that we completely forgot about, that would probably be one!

Who is the player Houllier signed supposedly just to be his mole in the dressing room? Don't even know if he made an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom