• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (H) - 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be unpopular, but everytime Trent does that switch with Hendo, I feel like he's only reaffirming why he should remain a right back. I get that he comes inside to shoot, which he does reasonably well and gives our opponents something to worry about, but his outstanding attribute is his crossing and long passing. That's negated by the tight spaces in midfield. He doesn't have Hendo's tenacity and awareness in midfield to mop up, his short passing game has been and continues to be distinctly ordinary. And he is often caught taking so long all he can do is play it off an opponent's feet, and hope for a lucky rebound. We currently lose far more than we gain when Trent and Hendo swap roles.

Klopp asked why we were getting the best right back in the world to play in midfield, but right now all we're getting is his half arsed attempt at putting that into motion.
I’ve said it several times in games he’s asked to come in-field. He’s obviously instructed to do so but I never get it. Much prefer him to stay out wide where he’s most potent. He’s often very lost in tight spaces down the middle.

This is going to be unpopular, but everytime Trent does that switch with Hendo, I feel like he's only reaffirming why he should remain a right back. I get that he comes inside to shoot, which he does reasonably well and gives our opponents something to worry about, but his outstanding attribute is his crossing and long passing. That's negated by the tight spaces in midfield. He doesn't have Hendo's tenacity and awareness in midfield to mop up, his short passing game has been and continues to be distinctly ordinary. And he is often caught taking so long all he can do is play it off an opponent's feet, and hope for a lucky rebound. We currently lose far more than we gain when Trent and Hendo swap roles.

Klopp asked why we were getting the best right back in the world to play in midfield, but right now all we're getting is his half arsed attempt at putting that into motion.

Whilst all that is true, it does stop Henderson from shooting. So there is an upside.

People think Jones played well?

First half we were shite, second half improved, however it was still the usual faces who made wrong decisions.

If that was a team who came with a bit more fight, or even the Brentford we played a few months ago, we wouldn't have got 2 of those goals, and would have conceded at least 1.

Trent's ability over a corner continues to baffle, as he struggles to beat the first man. Hell, The first goal only came about because the first man missed it and it *bounced* in the box. The third goal came from sloppy play by a team who knew they were beaten. The second goal was decent, but papered over the cracks of another abject ox performance.

The only positive from yesterday for be was the 3 points. Thankfully that's a big positive that we needed after chelsea dropped points

Last edited:
What are the stats on corners? Like, goals scored from corners?

I was under the impression that we aim the majority of our corners in the area of that first man. Most of the time, the first man gets it. But when he doesn't, it's fucking mayhem right in front of the goal with a decent chance of a goal or decent shot.

That's my impression anyway and why I'm not that bothered about hitting the first man.

What are the stats on corners? Like, goals scored from corners?

I was under the impression that we aim the majority of our corners in the area of that first man. Most of the time, the first man gets it. But when he doesn't, it's fucking mayhem right in front of the goal with a decent chance of a goal or decent shot.

That's my impression anyway and why I'm not that bothered about hitting the first man.

I don't think it's our game plan. I just think it's shite

This is the sort of nonsense that does my head in - “just how far we are behind the other 5 quality wise”.

fuck me pink…. Take a look at the league table, for a start and remind me the last time, bar Utd’s lucky blip last year, any one of these teams other than City have finished above us?

Have you seen the state of the Utd midfield and defence?

Have you seen the amount of useless wastes of space Chelsea have spent a fortune on?

I couldn’t name one Spurs player I’d want us to sign - including that mongy slop-jawed wanker of a captain of theirs.

And Arsenal… they’re another team mostly filled with utter wastrels.

Yeah… I’ll look at the other top 5 squads and we’re doing quite fine than you.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t improve our squad or bring in new players… it just means you’re talking out your hole…. yet again.

I am not talking about last season so your little point about teams we have finished above means nothing.
It is about current squads and starting 11 plus players on the bench i.e most of our players on the bench would not get into Chelsea or City's sides, and most of Chelsea or City's bench player could equally be starters with out a drop off in quaility. Same can not be said for us

I am not talking about last season so your little point about teams we have finished above means nothing.
It is about current squads and starting 11 plus players on the bench i.e most of our players on the bench would not get into Chelsea or City's sides, and most of Chelsea or City's bench player could equally be starters with out a drop off in quaility. Same can not be said for us

Maybe City’s bench but not Chelsea’s.

And why mention Spurs and Arsenal and Utd?

Which means out of 5 teams you mentioned you’re hitting a 20% success rate.

Maybe City’s bench but not Chelsea’s.

And why mention Spurs and Arsenal and Utd?

Which means out of 5 teams you mentioned you’re hitting a 20% success rate.
Not saying they are playing better than us, never meant that was just say in most of the cases that they have more quality on the bench than we do, in another way
If we all played a B side we would be fighting it out for four place

Not saying they are playing better than us, never meant that was just say in most of the cases that they have more quality on the bench than we do, in another way
If we all played a B side we would be fighting it out for four place

Huh? What?

Where did I, or anyone, mention who was playing better?

Put it another way (in your speak). The only team that has a better bench than other teams is Citah. This is primarily due to them being the richest club.

Huh? What?

Where did I, or anyone, mention who was playing better?

Put it another way (in your speak). The only team that has a better bench than other teams is Citah. This is primarily due to them being the richest club.
Both Chelsea and Utd do and if you don't see that taking off your rose tinted specs my help

Both Chelsea and Utd do and if you don't see that taking off your rose tinted specs my help

I don’t know what specs you’re wearing, but take a look at the League table.

Is this the Utd bench with the likes of Phil Jones, Matic & Mata you’re talking about?

I don’t know what specs you’re wearing, but take a look at the League table.

Is this the Utd bench with the likes of Phil Jones, Matic & Mata you’re talking about?

Our Team is has less quality than City, Chelsea, & Utd. But if it is one thing Klopp has us doing is playing as a team and not a bunch of individuals, we play for one another and understand what to expect from our team mates

Our Team is has less quality than City, Chelsea, & Utd. But if it is one thing Klopp has us doing is playing as a team and not a bunch of individuals, we play for one another and understand what to expect from our team mates

what you’re talking about, bar City, is “on paper” other teams look like they have a better team - but they don’t because of the very reasons you list like “we play for one another”.

For example - Ronaldo is undoubtedly one of the best players ever to have kicked a ball and is supremely talented, skilled and will contribute loads of goals to any team he plays in.

He’s also a massive fanny that wouldn’t run the length of himself to track back, press or help out his team - so he’s also a fucking liability that only works if you build your team round servicing him and covering what he doesn’t do.

Chelsea and especially Utd are filled with talent that are also massive fannies - Pogba, Shaw, Maguire… I mean fuck me Utd are practically, to a man, all massive fannies that think they’re better than the are because they cost a fortune.

All the great teams (again bar those anomalous cunts at city) have has a smattering of “rubbish” players in the team, but thrived because of other attributes they brought.

It’s why, for example, you look at a forward line of Lukaku, Pulisic, Harvertz, Werner and Ziyech, marvel at the £350m of great talent that brings depth to a team…. and then try to get your head around the fact that combined they’ve contributed only 2 more goals than Firmino, Ox, Kieta, Origi and Minamino combined have done this season in the league.

what you’re talking about, bar City, is “on paper” other teams look like they have a better team - but they don’t because of the very reasons you list like “we play for one another”.

For example - Ronaldo is undoubtedly one of the best players ever to have kicked a ball and is supremely talented, skilled and will contribute loads of goals to any team he plays in.

He’s also a massive fanny that wouldn’t run the length of himself to track back, press or help out his team - so he’s also a fucking liability that only works if you build your team round servicing him and covering what he doesn’t do.

Chelsea and especially Utd are filled with talent that are also massive fannies - Pogba, Shaw, Maguire… I mean fuck me Utd are practically, to a man, all massive fannies that think they’re better than the are because they cost a fortune.

All the great teams (again bar those anomalous cunts at city) have has a smattering of “rubbish” players in the team, but thrived because of other attributes they brought.

It’s why, for example, you look at a forward line of Lukaku, Pulisic, Harvertz, Werner and Ziyech, marvel at the £350m of great talent that brings depth to a team…. and then try to get your head around the fact that combined they’ve contributed only 2 more goals than Firmino, Ox, Kieta, Origi and Minamino combined have done this season in the league.

Ha!... You finally seem understand what I am saying (Althought I believe that it is not so much that you didn't get it, but more of the way I tried to explain it)

Now... If Klopp was in charge; less say Utd How much better would they perform..? or more to the point "If" we had better or similar quality players as the City's,Chelsea's and Utd's from the bench under Klopp how much better could we be...

FSG need to start back Klopp, because those years we ran City to a one point second, won the CL,Super Cup,World CLub Champoinship and Premiere League we failed to invest in Quailiy players at a time that many of those player would have willingly have came. And now, the players we won those trophies with are for a large part declining an still we have no real backing from FSG to replace them

I mentioned Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (Leicester City) as Milner/Henderson re-placement and someone here commented that "What, You want to replace the Captain".
Since I made that comment how much has both Minler and Henderson's performance levels dropped..? A lot of you here are making that very point

We are for a very large part having to buy players of lower quality than the rest of the top 6 teams, It may not be that noticable at present but over coming seasons it will be.
What has stop us falling way from the other top teams performance wise; faster is Jurgen Klopp.
Losing Salah, Mane and Bobby this summer would be a huge set back. But what would be deverstating would be to lose Klopp

Ha!... You finally seem understand what I am saying (Althought I believe that it is not so much that you didn't get it, but more of the way I tried to explain it)

Now... If Klopp was in charge; less say Utd How much better would they perform..? or more to the point "If" we had better or similar quality players as the City's,Chelsea's and Utd's from the bench under Klopp how much better could we be...

FSG need to start back Klopp, because those years we ran City to a one point second, won the CL,Super Cup,World CLub Champoinship and Premiere League we failed to invest in Quailiy players at a time that many of those player would have willingly have came. And now, the players we won those trophies with are for a large part declining an still we have no real backing from FSG to replace them

I mentioned Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (Leicester City) as Milner/Henderson re-placement and someone here commented that "What, You want to replace the Captain".
Since I made that comment how much has both Minler and Henderson's performance levels dropped..? A lot of you here are making that very point

We are for a very large part having to buy players of lower quality than the rest of the top 6 teams, It may not be that noticable at present but over coming seasons it will be.
What has stop us falling way from the other top teams performance wise; faster is Jurgen Klopp.
Losing Salah, Mane and Bobby this summer would be a huge set back. But what would be deverstating would be to lose Klopp

Klopp would get rid of 90% of those fannies at Man Utd you idiot.

As usual you’re missing the actual point - Klopp would not have signed most of the players on the Chelsea or Utd bench m, even if he had the funds - that’s the point - because they AREN’T better than what we currently have for our squad.

This isn’t like collecting fucking Pokémon cards - City are an anomaly - we can’t build a squad of 20+ world class players because they all won’t get playing time - that’s why players like Ox and Milner are important - because while they want to play, they sacrifice personal ambition for the team.

The Dewsbury-Hall comment was not about replacing Henderson - it was the galactic level stupidity of suggesting replacing him with a 24 year old midfielder from Leicester which played a handful of premier league matches and had one decent game in his life .

We’re not buying players of lower quality than the rest of the top 6 you clown - our last proper purchases were Thiago, Jota and Konate.

How in fucks name is that buying lower quality than the rest of the Top 6?

I really, really don’t know why I’m bothering.

Klopp would get rid of 90% of those fannies at Man Utd you idiot.

As usual you’re missing the actual point - Klopp would not have signed most of the players on the Chelsea or Utd bench m, even if he had the funds - that’s the point - because they AREN’T better than what we currently have for our squad.

This isn’t like collecting fucking Pokémon cards - City are an anomaly - we can’t build a squad of 20+ world class players because they all won’t get playing time - that’s why players like Ox and Milner are important - because while they want to play, they sacrifice personal ambition for the team.

The Dewsbury-Hall comment was not about replacing Henderson - it was the galactic level stupidity of suggesting replacing him with a 24 year old midfielder from Leicester which played a handful of premier league matches and had one decent game in his life .

We’re not buying players of lower quality than the rest of the top 6 you clown - our last proper purchases were Thiago, Jota and Konate.

How in fucks name is that buying lower quality than the rest of the Top 6?

I really, really don’t know why I’m bothering.

Thank you... You really do not unstand the point I have made. I was going to attempt to try and make it clearer. But the saying Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

Thank you... You really do not unstand the point I have made. I was going to attempt to try and make it clearer. But the saying Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

You do understand that LFC has several of the world's greatest players in their team, and that we're not ahead of everybody but City only because we work hard as a well-oiled team, right?

Our keeper is the best in the world. Our defense has the world's best CB, and two outstanding players at full back. Fabinho is world class, our front line is the envy of every team on earth and Mo is the best player on the planet right now. To suggest that we're where we are based only on hard work and a team ethic is ridiculous.

Of course Jurgen would make the scum better, 'coz he's a top manager, but he'd not make them better than us, because we have far better players as our spine, and when both teams are playing at their peak, we're better almost everywhere on the pitch. None of their team would replace any of our starters. They have nowhere near our quality in their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom