• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (A) EFL Cup - Wednesday 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never rated the League cup, he even lets Pep handle the press conference.
We'll see what they say tomorrow. I hope there's good news and a few players returning.

Maybe not but he selected our strongest available side except for Ali against Arsenal and Chelsea the season we won it.

Could also argue winning the EFL cup that season gave us an extra bit of boost to push on for the remainder of the season and we went on to finish the season strong.

Maybe not but he selected our strongest available side except for Ali against Arsenal and Chelsea the season we won it.
Mate, it was the semi finals and final. He would have caused an uproar if he didn't.

Bollocks. You can’t sign as a midfielder for a Premier League team, a Klopp team, and not expect to have to run around a bit.

I know - but I have expressed my opinion on these things before:

1) He was not told that he would have to do that much running around, and last season started running even more than his body could handle after realizing that the two main fuckwits beside him in midfield could not actually run. Our fault for not signing a midfielder when everyone decent supporter except the "Top Top Top" reds - had cried out for a midfield signing in the summer. And No Melo don't count as as signing - he was a crooked even as we signed him.

OR

2) I think Klopp wanted to sign him in the hope he could turn Thiago into his....dad ... his dad was the original Gini type player. He is not built like his dad who was quite a stocky figure.

Mate, it was the semi finals and final. He would have caused an uproar if he didn't.
They were but you either rate it or you don’t. If you truly don’t rate it, play 2nd string throughout.

Go win the cup, then win the FA. Then win the Europa. Sounds like the right thing to do.

I know - but I have expressed my opinion on these things before:

1) He was not told that he would have to do that much running around, and last season started running even more than his body could handle after realizing that the two main fuckwits beside him in midfield could not actually run. Our fault for not signing a midfielder when everyone decent supporter except the "Top Top Top" reds - had cried out for a midfield signing in the summer. And No Melo don't count as as signing - he was a crooked even as we signed him.

OR

2) I think Klopp wanted to sign him in the hope he could turn Thiago into his....dad ... his dad was the original Gini type player. He is not built like his dad who was quite a stocky figure.

You see, this is where you trip back into “crazy mode”.

Everyone wanted midfield reinforcements last year - EVERYONE - it’s just some of us wanted them to be “good”, not just anyone and then fly into a fit of rage and depression when we didn’t sign a pile of shit players.

We got Slobbers, Mac A & Gravy at reasonable prices - so it worked out in the end - none were available last summer.

Thiago, didn’t “all of a sudden” break because he had to do “too much running” - he’s always been broken.

I think you might have Daddie issues - which may also explain your Curtis fixation - maybe if his fitness hadn’t been so unreliable, he would have saved our entire world as well as our season.

Anyway - you’re right about Melo - fucking waste of time.

Also… we’ve got fuck loads of midfielders now - so that’s not the problem.

They were but you either rate it or you don’t. If you truly don’t rate it, play 2nd string throughout.

Go win the cup, then win the FA. Then win the Europa. Sounds like the right thing to do.
You do know that Klopp has played the LC numerous times before like so there is precedent to review? He plays weakened teams (even U21 teams) through to the semis and final where of course it is now worth putting out the first team. He's always done this. You think he's going to change now? My bet would be 3-4 first teamers tops.

If I would rate each competition for Klopp it may look like :
PL - 10
EL - 7
FAC - 6
LC - 2

You have to consider a few things.
The first priority is CL football, obviously.
Then we need to look at the squad situation.
Robbo is injured and Tsimikas is deputising while he's out, meaning we can't take any risks. Hence why Chambers started against Toulouse.
We can't really risk Trent either because our only real back up fullback Bradley is also injured.
We don't know how long Diaz will be absent, I doubt that he's even in training at the moment, so we can't keep playing Jota in every game.
Unfortunately Doak is also injured so he can't play either.
We're fine in midfield although our back ups arent exactly like for like replacements for our starters. Would have been great if Bajcetic and Thiago were fit.

With all this in mind, I think Klopp is gonna play a weakened team. Will be interesting to see who plays on the wings.

Might be something like this:

----------------------Kelleher

Gomez ---Matip -----Quansah-----Chambers

-----Gravenberch-----Endo------Jones

Elliott---------------Gakpo-----------???

Will Kaide Gordon, Trent Kone-Doherty, Nyoni, McConnell or maybe Clark if he's fit, play?
It's happened before.

Otherwise, we might just see Jota play there again, but I highly doubt it.

So yeah, I don't think Klopp is going to take any risks.
We play Luton away on the weekend and although it doesn't look like the most difficult fixture on paper, I'd rather we have our best XI fresh for that game.

Your logic is sound, but I just really don’t want to go out of this competition to fucking Bournemouth just because our squad is temporarily shorthanded due to a couple of injuries and the Diaz situation. Perhaps Salah will start and play 60 minutes no matter what or maybe Klopp will risk Trent or Szobo or Nunez - I just think we need a slightly stronger team than the one you posted to progress. Maybe something like this:

----------------------Kelleher————————
---———-----Endo------Jones——————-
Elliott-----------------—————-Gravenberch
—————Gakpo——-Nunez——————

Last edited:
Your logic is sound, but I just really don’t want to go out of this competition to fucking Bournemouth just because our squad is temporarily shorthanded due to a couple of injuries and the Diaz situation. Perhaps Salah will start and play 60 minutes no matter what or maybe Klopp will risk Trent or Szobo or Nunez - I just think we need a slightly stronger team than the one you posted to progress. Maybe something like this:

----------------------Kelleher————————
---———-----Endo------Jones——————-
Elliott-----------------—————-Gravenberch
—————Gakpo——-Nunez——————
It should be noted that Bournemouth played a mostly squad team, with very few first teamers, in the last round. Considering their position and they are playing City at the weekend, it's highly doubtful they'll play a strong team.

You do know that Klopp has played the LC numerous times before like so there is precedent to review? He plays weakened teams (even U21 teams) through to the semis and final where of course it is now worth putting out the first team. He's always done this. You think he's going to change now? My bet would be 3-4 first teamers tops.

If I would rate each competition for Klopp it may look like :
PL - 10
EL - 7
FAC - 6
LC - 2
He does usually play weakened sides yes but it’s a possibility a mixture of not being in the CL, riding comfortably in the league and a lot of Prem clubs already crashing out this competition may alter his thinking slightly and goes a little stronger than he normally would. Injury wise we’re doing ok, only really youngsters unavailable, flying high in EL so don’t need to pay much attention to that until the knockout phase and then we’ve got Luton to prepare for 4 days later.

Of course the priority is CL football but given our start is there any real danger of us not getting it? What threat are Utd Chelsea or Newcastle to us? Absolutely none.

The Europa is all but sealed as far our place in the round of 32 or whatever it is so we don't have to worry about that until Feb.

Klopp will want to win a few more trophies if he can before he signs out and right now our best chance is the league cup.

We could beat Luton with 7 men if we wanted to, gimme a place in the QF's.
Plus Cl next season with be top 5.

Yay!

Ben Doak trained yesterday and could be in the squad for Bournemouth, Pep Lijnders says.

Well done. I made it through him waxing lyrical about Thiago and had to shut it off at minute 4.
It was over 20 minutes and my goodness, hard going. His comments re Doak were right and the end and he said something like he trained but not fully.

Watched it almost to the end.

Was a touching eulogy for Thiago.

Also, Bajcetic has obviously passed away but the club has decided not to release the news until there is peace in the Middle East.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Gomez, Matip, Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo, Elliott, Jones, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Salah.
Subs: Adrian, Van Dijk, Konate, Nunez, Mac Allister, Jota, Gravenberch, Scanlon, Alexander-Arnold.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Gomez, Matip, Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo, Elliott, Jones, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Salah.
Subs: Adrian, Van Dijk, Konate, Nunez, Mac Allister, Jota, Gravenberch, Scanlon, Alexander-Arnold.
Only 2 guaranteed starters. That's pretty much in line with what the sensible lads amongst us wanted.

Damn. I thought KO was in about 10 mins (03.00 here) but of course those bloody stupid clocks have gone back haven't they. Guess I'll go and have my breakfast before the match and sleep after it, around 06.30. Sigh.

I guess Klopp wasn't that impressed by Chambers.
Scanlon still on the bench though.
Quite surprised to see Szoboszlai start. Salah not so much.
Salah upfront, Gakpo and Elliott on the wings?

I reckon it's Harvey on the left, Mo right and Gakpo central.

Could also be Jones on the left but I can't see Szobo playing LCM to accomodate Harvey as the RCM.

I guess Klopp wasn't that impressed by Chambers.
Scanlon still on the bench though.
Quite surprised to see Szoboszlai start. Salah not so much.
Salah upfront, Gakpo and Elliott on the wings?
I'm guessing they'll all play where they have a lot of experience, so :

Gakpo ... Salah ... Szobo

Jones ... Endo ... Elliott

Is it really that obvious? Szobo is wasted on the wing and I don't trust Elliott in midfield. Especially while partnered with Jones

Quite surprised to see Szoboszlai start
I don't think he's a guy that needs much rest, nor one to pick up an injury. Guys a machine.

Plus, we have a competition to make the quarters for.

Let's pop these fucking Cherries then balloon the Hatties, Hatters, Fatters.....whatever they're calling themselves these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom