• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match Chelsea away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando

Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that three first-team players have tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Chelsea, though they are as yet unnamed.

The Reds head to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, but it is unclear who will be able to take to the pitch for the first game of 2022.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference on Friday, Klopp revealed that he could be without three senior players after two positive tests on Thursday and another the following morning.

“We have three new Covid cases in the team and a few more in the staff,” he told reporters.

“So it’s not cool in the moment. That’s it.”

Klopp refused to confirm the players who had returned positive tests, as they await “a proper PCR,” but it was telling that Alisson and Roberto Firmino missed training on Thursday.

They could be the two players who tested positive that morning, with the third case unknown at this point.

He added: “You will see on Sunday when you see the teamsheet it’s pretty clear who is affected.”

Furthermore, Liverpool will still be without Thiago and Takumi Minamino, with the latter “probably closer” to a return than Klopp’s No. 6.

Andy Robertson is also suspended, but despite a drop in numbers available for the game, Klopp is still hopeful there will be no need to postpone.

“Not yet, but we don’t know,” he said.

“We’ve never had this proper outbreak, where 10, 15, 20 players have it. For us it’s more every day another one, staff now happens more and more often.

“So it feels like a lottery in more, when you stand there and wait for the result.

“It was now pretty much day by day always one case, today now another one and we have to wait.

“The boys are not even in yet, so we have to wait. In this moment, probably not, but we don’t know how it will look in a few hours.”

It’ll be called off. I think more will test positive today and tomorrow.

Just kill Thiago and get the insurance pay out.

What are the rules about getting it postponed? How many players do you need to have out? And is it Covid only?

Would we rather it gets postponed to during afcon and missing mane and Salah or play it anyway this Sunday?

I dont think its possible for it to be played during the AFCON because of the Carabao cup semis, Leeds game and FA cup.

What are the rules about getting it postponed? How many players do you need to have out? And is it Covid only?
From what I've read they are saying that if clubs have 14 fit players (including a goalkeeper) then they have to go ahead.
There seems to be some disagreement about how youth players are treated so the clubs that are applying for postponements seem to have fewer than 14 of their notional squad of 25 available. For these purposes, injuries and covid seem to count towards the limit (e.g. for Leeds it seemed to be mostly injuries that were the problem, but covid then tipped them over the edge).
With the Chelsea game, if Chelsea are asking for postponement then it may be for injuries as much as covid.

This is my last chance to watch a match with mates for a while so hope it goes ahead, selfishly. Plus fixture congestion and all that.

Seeing as there were cases among the staff and players I wouldnt be surprised if we have more positive tests tomorrow.
Sadly think this game will be postponed, and its a shame cause this is probably a very good time to play the plastic cunts.

We will lose. Which means I can concede the title to City and relax until next season. Stress freeeeeeee

Seeing as there were cases among the staff and players I wouldnt be surprised if we have more positive tests tomorrow.
Sadly think this game will be postponed, and its a shame cause this is probably a very good time to play the plastic cunts.
Not when we have half a first team it isn't (Thiago, Ali, Robbo + 2). Their squad depth far exceeds ours. I hope this is postponed.

Not when we have half a first team it isn't (Thiago, Ali, Robbo + 2). Their squad depth far exceeds ours. I hope this is postponed.

The only worry I have is missing Ali. Thiago has been a non entity when coming back from injury, and tsimi is a capable understudy.

Them missing 4 of their starting back 5, as well as a couple of forwards and midfielders could have helped us.

The only worry I have is missing Ali. Thiago has been a non entity when coming back from injury, and tsimi is a capable understudy.

Them missing 4 of their starting back 5, as well as a couple of forwards and midfielders could have helped us.
Bar 6 fucking games Thiago has been a non entity. I’m sick of the fucking parasite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom