• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City (a) - PL - Sun 1630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky to get a draw... it really should've been over at HT and you could easily make the argument that both Fabinho and Thiago should've been off.

We did well to come back into it in the second half but the reality is that the title remains in Citys hands who have an easier run in.

Disappointed with the overall performance.

Could have been down by two or three in first half, probably should have had a man sent off. Much better second half, but lucky to get a draw really.

Just need to win the rest of our games now and hope City don't

Messed up if we lose the title by one point again. City were the better team and we're lucky to get out of the Etihad with a draw.

Thiago maked an awful lot of stupid shit late fouls for such an experienced and supposedly smart player

There were some truly pathetic performances today. I'd love to see the pass completion stats for Fabinho, he was a disgrace.

We've got away with one there

Very disappointing performance - but very good result considering the reality.

TAA defensively was very poor.
Robbo - he's off, I was wrong. He shouldn't start the next game - give him a breather.

Our midfield is old and not capable of handling games like this. Granted, it's a rarity but we need to start refreshing the midfield now.

Salah and Mo were off - Ramadan side effects? As my bro says, probably why Mahrez doesn't start.

It's not over folks ... City were out to make a statement, and didn't - for whatever reason - against us, and we were shit.

Very disappointing performance - but very good result considering the reality.

TAA defensively was very poor.
Robbo - he's off, I was wrong. He shouldn't start the next game - give him a breather.

Our midfield is old and not capable of handling games like this. Granted, it's a rarity but we need to start refreshing the midfield now.

Salah and Mo were off - Ramadan side effects? As my bro says, probably why Mahrez doesn't start.

It's not over folks ... City were out to make a statement, and didn't - for whatever reason - against us, and we were shit.

City didn't need to make a statement, they are a point ahead and have an easier run in. We needed to make a statement, I think it was "thank fuck we got a draw"

First half was absolutely abysmal. Second half was much, much better. City were the better team, but we made it tough in the end. Happy with a point. We won't be winning the league though. City will win all of their remaining games. Can see us dropping points in a couple.

Fair result.
That seems to be the general consensus in the studios - not on here like but that's par for the course.

City had a massive slice of luck with their first (and maybe second TBH as it was only inches and if TAA wasn't fast asleep that would have been offside too, it wasn't some great piece of skill). Although our high line didn't always work it did for Sterling's goal - how often have we seen that this season, that wasn't luck.

We had our chances in the 2nd to win this unfortunately we weren't clinical enough. 2-2 was fair.

Good result. Poor performance.

So under those circumstances I'll take it.

MOTM

Mane
Alisson
Struggling to find a third.

City didn't need to make a statement, they are a point ahead and have an easier run in. We needed to make a statement, I think it was "thank fuck we got a draw"

Nah mate - we sit on Pep's head 24-7. He longs to make up for how we've taken away from his march to managing the world's greatest club.
They were playing to destroy us ... and they failed, thankfully.
I think this was a huge statement by them - we cannot compete with them if we're not on 100%, and we need to change a few things in this team to compete with them going forward.

Happy with a point. Poor first half but excellent in the 2nd.
Loads of shithousery when we needed it.

Still in a title race.

Was like a classic 70s boxing match between best two heavy weights.
We showed guts to get back into and were brave, love how we play.
Trent and Robbo improved second half, City always play brilliant against us but we fought till the end while not being at our best. We got a point because of the fight we showed, massive game on wed so need to focus on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom