• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City (a) - PL - Sun 1630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really see who City are going to drop points against, except maybe Villa on the last day.

This game would have taken a bit out of them (& us).
Athletico will do the same.
If we can beat 'em next weekend - that may cause some issues but yah, unlikely.
As big Hal says, we blew it.

In hindsight maybe we could have gone with someone with more on the ball than Hendo as City's press totally stop Fabinho from playing.

Having said that no team ourplays City.

Happy with the point

When I watch us play like this its clear we are missing a KDB of our own. Ironically maybe Carvahllo the new kid who we just signed might be able to be that person in a few years but at the moment we lack that aspect. I feel like in this game we could have done with a KDB/Coutinho. Someone to run from between the lines in the middle and gives us that aspect of danger from the middle instead of from the sides. Thiago is good but he's not a ball runner.

When I watch us play like this its clear we are missing a KDB of our own. Ironically maybe Carvahllo the new kid who we just signed might be able to be that person in a few years but at the moment we lack that aspect. I feel like in this game we could have done with a KDB/Coutinho. Someone to run from between the lines in the middle and gives us that aspect of danger from the middle instead of from the sides. Thiago is good but he's not a ball runner.

it’s supposed to be Naby

And as far as the best goals went - we had the best two, no question. Pity we don't get a bonus point for that.
Had they not been lucky with two deflected goals this season we’d have beaten them twice. It’s what could’ve been.

Need to say now however that I now want City to come through against Atletico because if we have any chance to win the PL then we need to see City playing (and losing I hope) in the CL semis. Unless of course some might say OK give City the PL and we'll take the CL !

Nearly got away from us. Cut us up in the first half but we came out in the second half and bit them on the arse within 60 seconds. Playing high is risky and City got in behind so many times, Some say Trent is an average defender but the fact that we get so high puts him under a lot of pressure. His assists almost define him so we accept the risk.

Disappointing performance in the first half, better in the second but City were the better side overall. They timed their runs fantastically and forced our defenders to make a lot of decisions facing our own goal line.

Result is okay, if disappointing. They have the easier run in and so it would have been nice to take the lead but, ultimately, we just needed not to lose.

Lots to play for still.

I don't know anyone can be so negative about not winning. I don't see them as a worse team than us, nor on worse form, and they are away from home. It's a fine result. If you want to be negative get angry at the points we pissed away against miles worse opposition. They probably won't win out, but if they do, we won't have lost the league today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom