• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (H) - 1st Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsimikas’s injury with Gomez moving accross means Trent has to continue at RB for a while longer. I would drop Diaz for Gakpo for the foreseeable future, Cody can give us more creativity and end product.

—————-Alisson——————
——Konate——Van Dijk————
—Trent———————-—Gomez
——————Endo——————-
—Szoboszlai———Jones———
Salah———-Nunez———Gakpo

Subs: Kelleher, Quansah, @Bradley, Chambers, MacAllister, Gravenberch, Elliott, Diaz, Jota

Jota to come on 60th minute regardless of the score, Macca for Endo for last 10-15 minutes. Possibly Gravenberch for Jones at some point if the game becomes stretched.

Last edited:
Quansah?

Basically said condolences to Joel Matip but it didn't matter cause Jarrell was here now and this brother ain't waiting around for some giraffe faced grandpa, so either way old Joe was headed to the abbatoir, crippled or not.

Or words to that effect.
:D

Feels like Nunez has to start this, he's a confidence player and the high point of his Liverpool career so far came against Newcastle so it feels like it's worth giving him a run. I don't expect Jota to be ready for 90 mins yet so a front 3 of Gakpo Nunez and Salah.

Newcastle have looked dead on their feet after 60 mins in every game I've seen recently, they are running on empty so going at them with a high tempo attraitional pressing game feels like it will drag them into deep water and drown them.

I’m buzzing for this game. At home against Newcastle under the lights. We need Anfield to be buzzing.

Opposition in a terrible run, which will hopefully mean they come out positive looking for a result and give us gaps. No way they park the bus, i don’t think Howe or his players have that in them.

Key players for them will be Joelinton if he’s back in midfield and Gordon as their output down the wing.

Backing Mo to give us a 10/10 performance ahead of AFCON.

Forgot that as well as losing Salah to the AFCON that we also lose Endo to the AFC Asia Cup

I’m buzzing for this game.
Are you fucking kidding me? New Year's day, a holiday, and it's an 20.00 KO?! WTAF! That's 04.00 here - after putting away 7 bottles of champers the past few days and dropping my daughter and partner off at the airport this morning (HK - Bali - Aus their route for the new 2 months, sigh). It's insanely cruel I tell you.

images

Last edited:
I'm confident. They have to be rattled after we came from behind to win with ten men at St James Park. Plus their recent form is shocking.

An early goal is key. Howe will have them time wasting in the first fifteen minutes.

If I had one I’d definitely want to play my ‘guaranteed early goal card’ for this one. Get ahead early and we’ll smash them off the park.

I’m going 4-0

It’s the slow, sloppy starts that do my head in. If’n we cut those out, we have a good chance as Newcastle can seemingly only play one way.

JoeLinton back though ffs…looking forward to seeing him spend 20 mins of the 90 on the floor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom