• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Saints (a) - Tuesday 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
One positive for Minamino is that he'll be familiar with a bunch of their players after his loan last season.

I think he’s used to not playing every week and does still seem to deliver goals when needed against poor opponents.

Firm needs to play as we know he needs to find his rhythm.

Yep - we have best depth up front, but we have two of the front 5 who aren't fatigued (Bobby & Jota) who should both 100% start, and then a lack of players who could start at Right Wing. i wonder if Origi would get a start, but I don't see where he fits in that system. Maybe the best fit is Harvey.

This is a really tough one because we have to treat this as another cup final.

It's unlikely that City will drop points again but don't want to end the season with what ifs.

I didn't even realize the next game was on Tuesday. Our schedule has been absolutely mental this season.

I don't know what we'd have done without doping, PIGMOL and UEFA to help us out.

This is a really tough one because we have to treat this as another cup final.

It's unlikely that City will drop points again but don't want to end the season with what ifs.

I didn't even realize the next game was on Tuesday. Our schedule has been absolutely mental this season.

I don't know what we'd have done without doping, PIGMOL and UEFA to help us out.

Yep - we need a win to ensure City feel the pressure going into the final game.

In Salah's absence wouldn't Elliott do a better job on the right than anyone else? Being left footed and all . .

In Salah's absence wouldn't Elliott do a better job on the right than anyone else? Being left footed and all . .

I thought about Minamino there too... I just have a sneaky feeling Diaz will be asked to play there, and start on the bench on Sunday.

Southampton may be without Forster and Armstrong

Fraser Forster and Stuart Armstrong will be assessed ahead of Southampton’s final home game of the season against Liverpool, Hasenhüttl has confirmed.
Forster’s absence could see the long-awaited return of Alex McCarthy in front of a home crowd on Tuesday night.

“[Liverpool] have a few problems but we also have a few problems,” admitted the boss. “Stu Armstrong and Fraser Forster didn’t train in the week.

“They started yesterday; we will look how far they are. They could be available for the weekend.
"Both have back problems and joint problems, knee problems. A little bit from everything, a little bit sore and hopefully they will be ready for Tuesday."
The boss also reflected on Tino Livramento’s ACL injury, confirming his surgery was “good”.

“It’s a positive thing and now he’s on the long way back.”

No way we lose this one. They’ve got nothing to play for and we are full of spirit after the cup win.

Klopp Pre-match Press Conference

There wasn't a lot of hints given but it's clear these comments mean changes !

The extra 30 mins made a big difference.

Southampton will be completely fresh (after 10 or 12 days without a game).

The boys that will start the game will give everything.

Fabs : progressing very well but won't be involved tomorrow.

I’d definitely not be risking Fabs, Mo or Big Virg. If Ally is hobbling I’d give him a rest.

Thiago should get a rest and maybe Hendo if there’s even a hint Fabs might not make the final.

Robbo looked absolutely spent - so Kostas has to start.

Bobby & Jota need game time - Jones & Milner should be rested and ready to play.

Lord Divock can come on to score against Wolves.

I don’t know - this is a horrible game coming after the FA Cup final - we have to win, but we need to rotate. I’m not a big fan of making loads of changes in what is still a very important game.

To be honest, I would feel more confident if some fresh faces start the game. I mean even with some fringe players, we should still be able to win this game.

liverpool-starting-xi-19237c99465625c40cd20b807304e609.jpg

I'd go with fresh legs.

Hendo/Thiago/Mane/Diaz all available for 30mins if we need them.

I'd be tempted for Taki right and Jota left, and obvs swap Jones and Keita about, but otherwise I'd be going with that too.

I'd be tempted for Taki right and Jota left, and obvs swap Jones and Keita about, but otherwise I'd be going with that too.

Also Matip & Konate swapping sides.

I like it - but I worry it’s too many changes.

I'd go with fresh legs.

I would choose the same team, but start Diaz instead of Origi - he was subbed early enough on Saturday to play again IMO.

Also possibly Kelleher for Alli if he is still in pain.

Last edited:

I'd go with fresh legs.

Not sure Jota starts, but it has to be a similar team. None of the players who played 120 mins should start. Except Allison.

He’s been a dick on social media and threw a flare about during the league cup final. Nothing else that we know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom