• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - The Ev (H) Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Is this the most important derby in recent memory? Hoping we take the fight and a bit of confidence into this one.

Not sure what to suggest outside of 'same as yesterday'? If Fabs is back i'd have him in the centre instead of Thiago. Curtis has to start though.

DCL isn't playing tonight for them apparently, here's hoping he's a risk for the weekend too.

-------------Alisson--------------
TAA--Kabak--Hendo--Robbo
--------------Gini------------------
-------Jones------Thiago--------
Salah------Bobby-------Mane

Would be great if we were actually able to have Fabs and Naby back meaning we have options to t keep up dominance and intensity in the middle.

So it’s an interesting dilemma - Fabs is a better CB than Hendo, but Hendo has played 2 games with Kabak and started building an understanding. Hendo is also more vocal, which helps a young defender who’s new to the league. If both are fit, who should play at CB and who in midfield?

So it’s an interesting dilemma - Fabs is a better CB than Hendo, but Hendo has played 2 games with Kabak and started building an understanding. Hendo is also more vocal, which helps a young defender who’s new to the league. If both are fit, who should play at CB and who in midfield?

I also think Fabs is a bit 'fried' at CB - he's not as sharp as he was earlier.

Potential return dates from premierinjuries.com

Keita -20/02/2021
Jota - 28/02/2021
Fabinho - No Return Date
Milner - No Return Date

Fabs would be rusty for CB if he returned, I feel. But it would be useful to have his height back for set pieces/corners as well as the wider benefits of him in midfield.

Thiago would need to be very careful about not getting an early yellow for any emotionally charged challenges!

I'm actually really confident about this.

We were largely decent against City & Leicester, serious individual errors shagged us in both matches, Leicester especially so. It's a Derby were apparently at our weakest and they would love an upset , I reckon they'll try to play football and I think we'll body 'em 4-1.

I do appreciate that's a Dantes/Rosco level basis for an argument/belief but yeah 4-1.

Gini is knackered and was a passenger mostly last night.
But do we have anyone who could play in his place?

I don't think much thinking is required - it is about time we played Fab with Curtis and the midfield - and our defensive shape will have have three at the back as Fab will drop deeper. But Hendo and Kabak play in defense, also playing Hendo in defense means he is less likely to get injured. The big question is who do we play in alongside Fab in midfield ?

• Curtis Jones is definite starter - my only worry is that he may get an injury from those playing against those savage cunts - I actually think that our season now hinges on Curtis Jones being fit and available to play the remainder of our games - that is how highly I rate him in this side.
  • So it will be between Thiago and Gini ? - I would personally play Gini if he has the energy, think Thiago will be targeted again.
  • If Milner is fit - I would definitely start with him. The opposition will think twice before going for him.
Also on another note - I hope we have a target list of players we want to injure ? - their goalkeepr is a definite for starter - I want Mane/Salah - if they miss some shots to aim a few at his face, and if they get close to him and he goes down to get the ball I want our strikers to pretend to go in fast and stamp their toes on hands. Also would like to see Richarlison headbutted by Kabak - accidentally of course.

Also on another note - I hope we have a target list of players we want to injure ? - their goalkeepr is a definite for starter - I want Mane/Salah - if they miss some shots to aim a few at his face, and if they get close to him and he goes down to get the ball I want our strikers to pretend to go in fast and stamp their toes on hands. Also would like to see Richarlison headbutted by Kabak - accidentally of course.

Shhhh, aren’t we supposed to discuss stuff like this on the Insider forum? :)

Last edited:
If DCL starts they'll probably be quite long ball. Without him they tried to be long ball and it failed.

To get fired up, just watch the Pickford on VVD assault and remember that the ref did fuck all.

Looking forward to this one now.

I think we are going to absolutely batter them. Like 6-0 or something mad.

Looking forward to this one now.

I think we are going to absolutely batter them. Like 6-0 or something mad.

Don’t forget they are coached by Ancelotti, he has a great sense of balance and won’t send out a team to get pasted.

----------------------------Alisson------------------------------
-----Trent---------Kabak---------Fabinho----------Robertson--
--------------------------Henderson------------------------------
-------------Wijnaldum---------------Thiago--------------------
--------Salah--------------Firmino-----------------Mane--

Really don't see how we can rotate that much.

Wouldn't fancy putting Jones and Thiago together. It's just asking for red cards in a derby.

Everton play City tonight, so fitness between now and Saturday evening shouldn't really come into it, should it ?

----------------------------Alisson------------------------------
-----Trent---------Kabak---------Fabinho----------Robertson--
--------------------------Henderson------------------------------
-------------Wijnaldum---------------Thiago--------------------
--------Salah--------------Firmino-----------------Mane--

Really don't see how we can rotate that much.

Wouldn't fancy putting Jones and Thiago together. It's just asking for red cards in a derby.
Actually I'd have that team except I'd have Jones & Thiago ... both can skip through tackles and dribble through their midfield. Gini does not add anything to the attack (and he wasn't so great last night either) so if it's him or Hendo I'd pick Hendo every time. Klopp will pick Gini, Thiago and Hendo (if Fabs is back). And I wouldn't be too surprised to see Phillips in place of Kabak.

Sending a like just to Brizzle for starting the thread and avoiding the jinx.

2-0 and a broken leg for the bitters thank you very much

I'll be happy if someone Keane-tackles Pickford.

It has to be Origi. He is expendable. Has previous history of fucking that cunt. Will only come on when the game is in the bag. If he were to do this thing, it will secure his position amongst the gods. I rarely beg the universe for anything, but I will for this.

Do we really want Pickford NOT to play though? . I'd hate for Everton to benefit by putting someone else in goal.

I'd send Origi to take him out during the offseason. Even give him a new contract if he completes the job.

You make a good point. Well somebody else still has to get seriously seriously hurt for them on the day. Hamez, yes, it will pain my dearest friend if he were to come to harm, so that ought to appease the universe's usual price for granting such things. I would be more than happy to comfort her from the shock of seeing him booted so forcefully in the head that he fell into a coma before his body hit the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom