• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prematch vs FIFA City (H) Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez was brilliant too. He picked the wrong pass twice and fluffed a great chance but his powerful running in the channel relieved pressure time and time again. He made a huge difference when he came on. Absolutely mauled the City defenders.

If you can’t see that then you don’t understand football.
Fantastic sub.
It's not that the Nunez haters can't see it ... they are just haters.

No.

No such thing as lucky omens. I was neither diving nor bat chasing during this match. Drinking larger and scratching my bollocks is all
Yeah me too - I had to keep the arrow in the top right corner of the screen and keep scratching my balls all match once I'd started (now bald), otherwise they would have scored for sure. You're welcome.

You guys are all way too harsh on Nunez.
I know Nunez picked the wrong option with Mo but I thought he did well when he came on.
Was total chaos when he came on, he had no idea what the fuck he was doing with his head down running at them but luckily nor did City, they couldn’t contain him.
Look there’s a horse on the pitch and his name is Nunez.
Ahahaha ! Love it - so very apt.

It's not that the Nunez haters can't see it ... they are just haters.

Then why didn't Klopp start his most expensive striker for such an important match ?

He's talented, no doubt about it, but his maturity and mentality has been suspect and weak for me so far. He needs lots and lots of babysitting and coddling until he grows up.

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/other-games-20th-21st-august.189886/page-9#post-2160211
tim.jpg

I know but until then, I'll savour the gloomy faces on BBC Sport, SkySports and talkSORT.

By the way, those breathing Nunez (who was outstanding, by the way) for not squaring that ball around-- 50-ish minutes-- Sarah should also have squared for a tap in. Let's not go overboard like the opposition and the press.

I agree. Sarah should have :rolleyes: Women

Let's be honest , city were dogshit today

That said , we marshalled KDB and mongy Haaland expertly ,if those two can't get near the ball it means they're probably not going to be very good.

JoeGo was a fucking boss 10/10

Is Klopp not allowed on the bench for a few games then? This is the result of shit passive refereeing and he’s getting praise for letting the game flow etc. Bit of a joke really.

That said , we marshalled KDB and mongy Haaland expertly ,if those two can't get near the ball it means they're probably not going to be very good.

Maybe they they were, but it could easily be argued that we stopped them from playing.

Loved seeing Gomez back to his best, however if Haaland sticks that header everyone is screaming that he lost his man!

VVD didn’t want to lose his unbeaten home record just yet! What a partnership today!

And credit Milner, that performance today as Captain was worth the extra year alone. Immense considering his age, poor start to the season and what Foden did to him previously.

Loved seeing Gomez back to his best, however if Haaland sticks that header everyone is screaming that he lost his man!

VVD didn’t want to lose his unbeaten home record just yet! What a partnership today!

And credit Milner, that performance today as Captain was worth the extra year alone. Immense considering his age, poor start to the season and what Foden did to him previously.

he did lose him there though

Bar that one situation were he should have passed it to Mo, I actually thought he was quite good.
Moved the ball forward and created chances.

Has to pass it to Mo though. That was horrendous.
And the attempted finish at the end he got all wrong.

Exactly. Nunez's temperament played a big factor in it.
I would say it had zero influence on Klopp's team selection. He was NEVER going to leave out Bobby on his current form and Jota is a better harrier who will run up and down the touchline all night - and in this game where we were going to have large spells without the ball, that makes perfect sense. But as I said ...

I hate it when people turn around and deny a brilliant performance, saying it was because the opposition were shit ... City weren't at their best because we didn't let them be.
If you can point to our players and say they played shite, or even just average, then you'd have a point. But you can't because from front to back they were excellent to superb. So no - it had SFA to do with City being dogshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom