• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prematch vs FIFA City (H) Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win, everyone seemed to step up a level. Gomez is far better in the centre than full back. 11 points behind now, could be five points by the time City play next.

Edit: Actually off by one. We're 10 behind and could be four points off them.

Last edited:
I hate it when people turn around and deny a brilliant performance, saying it was because the opposition were shit ... City weren't at their best because we didn't let them be.
If you can point to our players and say they played shite, or even just average, then you'd have a point. But you can't because from front to back they were excellent to superb. So no - it had SFA to do with City being dogshit.
Try reading the whole post next time x

Are we legit just better without Trent ?

Over 190 minutes we've definitely been defensively better , if he's not creating and not defending well , what does he do ?

Robbo conversely was on roids today, full on Energizer bunny mode
Which is why I'm switched from being completely against Trent in midfield to thinking it's maybe something we could try. Though even there he lacks some prerequisites; tackling & stamina.

Loved seeing Gomez back to his best, however if Haaland sticks that header everyone is screaming that he lost his man!

VVD didn’t want to lose his unbeaten home record just yet! What a partnership today!

And credit Milner, that performance today as Captain was worth the extra year alone. Immense considering his age, poor start to the season and what Foden did to him previously.
I'll continue with match threads as long as @Dreambeliever doesn't predict we will win. I can't compete with his jinxy predictions being wrong. We will lose games but @Dreambeliever must not change tact.

Over 190 minutes we've definitely been defensively better , if he's not creating and not defending well , what does he do ?

He looked decent when he came on.
The problem with Trent has been this season, he has stopped trying to be Trent and has been something else this season.
A spell on bench would do him good, watch the game and reset a little.
And those that on about life after Trent? Fck sake, this place can get a little over the top at times from one end to another.
He has been amazing for 4yrs and an amazing part of a team that got closest yet to winning every trophy ever last season. Let’s stop trying yo rewrite history and give the only born scouser in the team who’s been with us since a boy a chance to get back to something like he is capable.

Mods !!! You NEED to open the 'Other forum meltdown thread' !!

Bluefume - the before and after - must be an absolute delight tonight.

We are better with Trent not playing at RB. You stick him in MF and you will not need to spend £130m on Jude.

I don't think City were poor today. Not really. And even if you think that, it only tells half a story. The half missing is that City come to Anfield already rattled. Our previous wins against them, our undefeated record at Anfield, and the home fans just unsettle them. It's clear we're under Peps skin and have been for years. We saw it in the City documentary. We see it when he's manically gesturing on the sideline like someone trying to be sectioned. We see it when always tries some mad tactics to overcome and out think Klopp. All that worry and insecurity likely feeds down to their players days before the arrive at the ground, and it shows. We're not just another game for them. They know we have their number, and they fucking hate it. That isn't just "city being poor", that's them being half negated by our brilliant performances in the past, and then rattled by our intensity and aggression once the match kicks off. Both of which we deserve huge credit for.

Klopp made some ballsy tactical moves that all paid off. He was ambitious at a time a lesser manager would have opted for a draw. It was a day for the under dogs, too. Many would have happily shunted Gomez off to Villa without a second thought. Well here he is getting MOTM against the best striker in world football. Milner, past it? Nah. We have to manage his minutes, but to play like that against the Champions. There's some life left in those 36 year old legs, and to a lesser extent, Diogo Jota, whose goal-scoring exploits and effort have all to often been forgotten about since we got a new shiny toy in Diaz, but he was absolutely insane tonight. The work rate and effort he put on was off the scale.

Too early to say we're back, but we're someway back to doing what made us brilliant. We need to rise to the occasion with greater frequency moving towards.

Last edited:
I did, you prefaced it by saying they were dogshit. The rest of your post doesn't mitigate your opening statement ... so doesn't get you out of jail ! :whistle:

Well city were shit ? I'd argue they were more shit than we were great, I think you're logic is the one requiring an escape rope buddy ..

City were far from shit, that had lots of the ball, dominated possession, created a few good chances. If their goal had stood, they would probably have got another.

Honestly I think Klopp is a bit stubborn. At least experiment with Trent in midfield, say like in a game where there aren't any stakes or when we are beating Bournemouth 5-0 maybe that's the time to try things like that. Klopp just outright refuses to even consider it.

I think if we are to persist with this 4-4-2 shape when defending, we could definitely try Trent in the position Elliot played today. He will have less defensive duty and could cause some damage with his crossing.

In the last 2 games, both Gomez and Milner were better than Trent had been all season defensively.

I'll continue with match threads as long as @Wet WetDreambeliever doesn't predict we will win. I can't compete with his jinxy predictions being wrong. We will lose games but @Wet WetDreambeliever must not change tact.
There is no such thing as jinxes and lucky omens.

I know you hate to hear it, but the fact you started the match thread had zero bearing on the match result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom