• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pulisic Camping Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Once you make someone a fan, you usually get them for life – as many of you here can attest. It's hard to overstate the long-term financial impact of becoming the best-supported "soccer" club in the US, the world's richest market, with a new generation of kids growing up largely supporting one club (and probably passing it down the next generation too). This could be the Beatles craze all over again – only this time with Mohamed, Christian, Sadio, and Roberto as the "fab 4".

That alone should be worth mega-millions, but the fact is that for all the discussion of financial impact, Pulisic is also a damn great young player with solid football education in Germany and a prior connection to Klopp. We simply must pull on all the strings to make this happen.
I'm with you Rurik. I refuse to believe we don't have the money.. We were about to buy Fekir. We simply must go all in to make it happen.

Considering pulisic has been our chief target since klopp arrived, it's insane to think we won't try

BTW did anyone notice the slight dig from Klopp about Pulisic having "not the best year" last season? I thought it's very telling – a not-so-subtle message to Pulisic that maybe he needs to think about changing his environment to be "the best Pulisic he can be" (to quote Klopp again).

BTW did anyone notice the slight dig from Klopp about Pulisic having "not the best year" last season? I thought it's very telling – a not-so-subtle message to Pulisic that maybe he needs to think about changing his environment to be "the best Pulisic he can be" (to quote Klopp again).
There were lots of subtle comments and hints during that whole segment. Like if there was a market, he'd be a premier league player.

Basically sounding out if he was available or not via the media. And if he was, he'd be interested.

Quoting yourself?? You've officially lost it.
tumblr_msj7kwYMwg1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Can't see it.

I could see him going to Man United, though.

I've never watched him play, but based on what people on here say, I hope that doesn't happen. Then again, Mourinho would probably ruin him.

That's 2 words, both of which have nothing to do whatsoever with Pulisic.
I think the point he's trying to make is that Freddy Adu was touted to be the american marketing dream. Difference being Pulisic has the skill Adu didn't.

Also didnt help that Adu was rumoured to be older than he claimed.

He's going to do a Chamberlain - fee & wages agreed with Chelski, then he joins us for a lower fee and half the wages

Righty-o boys.
Ive stopped at Londis on the way in, picked up some happy shopper hotdogs, a tube of ‘Tingles’ (I think they are like knock off Pringles, a kind of once you pop......you shat your pants affair) and two boxes of ‘33’ Biere francais with easy screw off lids.

My tent got fucked up in the storm at the weekend so I could use a bivvy to sleep on.

Real talk.
Im here.
Im going nowhere.

I believe my learned and trusted friend will be along soon. I think hes gone to do a shit in the bushes.

Shirt sales and Marketing?

Moreover if the population of the US is 330 odd million.

If 5 percent of that are soccer fans. (16.5m)

And 5 percent of that are LFC fans (825k), we are still looking at nearly 1m fans in the US.

Then say just over half buy his shirt.. for £50. That's about circa £25m.

Do that over his 5-6 year contract and it's paid back in shirt sales and some.

Obviously, all speculative, and reliant on him being one of the main stars, but I could see the commercial value in having America's best player on our books.

Its not even speculative. Its just wrong.

We've already sold the right to sell our jerseys to New Balance. So whatever we sold that for is what we'll make - albeit there might be some bonus payment related to numbers of sales.

Quite why people do the maths the way ypu have is beyond me.
For no other product do people make these dumb leaps.

Why on earth would New Balance buy the right to sell the jerseys if we got all the money ? Why would any distributor distribute it to stores ? Why would any sports store sell a jersey if all the money went back to LFC ?

We sell the rights to New Balance. New Balance make money by selling wholesale, and retailers make money from selling to the public ?

How the fuck has the jersey sales myth persisted ?

Righty-o boys.
Ive stopped at Londis on the way in, picked up some happy shopper hotdogs, a tube of ‘Tingles’ (I think they are like knock off Pringles, a kind of once you pop......you shat your pants affair) and two boxes of ‘33’ Biere francais with easy screw off lids.

My tent got fucked up in the storm at the weekend so I could use a bivvy to sleep on.

Real talk.
Im here.
Im going nowhere.

I believe my learned and trusted friend will be along soon. I think hes gone to do a shit in the bushes.
Very generous of you to camp out for a smokescreen; have you left anything at the Fekir camp to mark your spot?

I fear you guys will prematurely ejaculate. Beyond a Twitter rumour concocted by two British Pakistani from their twitter account, there's nothing in this.

Very generous of you to camp out for a smokescreen; have you left anything at the Fekir camp to mark your spot?
It was a great idea to stoke the Pulisic rumour in order to clear the Fekir campsite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom