• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rivals : United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Froggy, stop trying to justify this thread but posting inane stuff like their salaries. Do you honestly care mate?

Shame on you all.

Froggy, stop trying to justify this thread but posting inane stuff like their salaries. Do you honestly care mate?

Shame on you all.

Just answering the questions posed mate. You do know of course that the United 'wages concern' is used in multiple threads here to justify the thinking that it's unsustainable. Just bringing the facts. And it is pretty relevant to the thread and their squad ambitions.

Where's that utd fan gone that convinced himself there wage bill would be cut by 50% plus this summer. Di Maria and falcao Potentially add what, half a million to their weekly wage bill!?

Couldn't resist.

They are probably among the highest paid players so are always going to take a big proportion of the wage bill.

But with income of around £440m we should be spending at least £250m on wages, at about 55% of income would be one of the lowest in the PL. All the rest of the clubs would be well over 60% except Arsenal.

But think of all the players they have to come back from injury!

We do have a lot out injured but in competitive games between Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria and Falcao we have only got 133 minutes combined. They aren't going to magic away all of our problems but 6 players who I'd say will easily be first choice in the first XI will make us look better. Possibly by the time they settle we could be out of the running for the top 4 but hopefully we can put ourselves in a good position for next year with a settled system and team.

He will always be a winner to me.

Manchester United expected to announce David Moyes' disastrous reign cost the club £50 million

Ed Woodward is expected to reveal in Wednesday's annual Manchester United's club accounts how the Scot's 11-month reign at Old Trafford has dented finances

David_Moyes_3030503b.jpg

In the black: David Moyes' woeful campaign saw the Premier League champions finish seventh last term Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Mark Ogden, Northern Football Correspondent
11:55AM BST 08 Sep 2014
comments.gif
92 Comments

Manchester United will disclose the full cost to the club of David Moyes’s disastrous 11-month reign as manager on Wednesday, with annual accounts expected to highlight a £50-million pricetag on the Scot’s turbulent campaign at the helm.
Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, will hold a conference call with the club’s investors at 1pm on Wednesday to discuss the financial picture at Old Trafford following the publication of accounts for the year ending June 30, 2014.
And while United are expected to post a robust balance sheet, with the club anticipated to meet their target of annual revenues between £420-£430m, the failure of Moyes to secure Champions League qualification will cost the club at least £35m in prize money this season.
United’s surprise drop from champions in 2012-13 to seventh-placed also-rans under Moyes saw the club suffer a reduction of £8.4m in Premier League prize money last season – a campaign which Woodward described as "very disappointing" when addressing investors following the publication of quarterly accounts in May.
With Moyes being paid £3.5m in compensation – his basic annual salary at Old Trafford – the former Everton manager’s spell in charge at United ultimately cost the club £7m in wages, with Wednesday’s accounts also likely to highlight the sum total of pay-offs received by coaches Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden, Chris Woods and Phil Neville.

Senior figures at Old Trafford have insisted that the club’s financial well-being is such that United are able to withstand the cost of a season without Champions League football.
And the start of a £53m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet this summer will ensure that the absence of Champions League earnings does not lead to a sizeable hole in next year’s accounts.
United have spent in excess of £150m this summer on new signings, including the £59.7m British record signing of Argentine winger Ángel di María fromReal Madrid.
Di María’s arrival last month, along with those of Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind and Radamel Falcao, will not affect the year-end accounts, but all will be listed as post-balance sheet events.
The combined £56.8m transfer fees paid for Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera will be included, however, with both deals being completed before the end of United’s financial year.
United’s wage bill for the 2013-14 season is set to rise from the previous year, but interest payments on the club’s debt, which stood at £351m in May, are expected to drop from last year’s figure of £71m for the 2012-13 accounts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...isastrous-reign-cost-the-club-50-million.html

How on earth do these shower of cunts get a headline of 'scum record record revenue' as a front page headline on sky sports, then inside the article in the small print it says 'profits are down by EIGHTY FOUR percent'.
Wtf
Surely the front page headline should be that their profits have dropped by 84%, which is enormous.

Do these cunts have the press onside/paid-off or something? I can't see how if this was any other club it'd have been spun in such a lovely manner. If it was us, it'd probably be 'BREAKING: Liverpool close to bankruptcy'. We've seen in the press that Hodgson gets an easy ride, and Moyes did, but it now looks like the club as a whole are getting one too.

Their profits have gone from 146mill -> 23mill, and they said it wouldn't have been 146 last year, it'd have been a loss if they weren't saved by a one-off tax credit.
Even with their new sponsorship deals coming on, they've just spunked about 150-200mill in the next set of books on players. Regardless to what the scum supporter on here says, I think their losses and shit-creek is being underrated.

Not going to get drawn into another financial debate.

But there were lots of tax items and restructuring of debts costs included in the number you are comparing.

Looking at EBITDA is a better more meaningful comparison year to year as it strips these out.

This year it was 130m the year before 109m and next year it will drop to 90m to 95m due to the loss of the CL this year.

How on earth do these shower of cunts get a headline of 'scum record record revenue' as a front page headline on sky sports, then inside the article in the small print it says 'profits are down by EIGHTY FOUR percent'.
Wtf
Surely the front page headline should be that their profits have dropped by 84%, which is enormous.

Do these cunts have the press onside/paid-off or something? I can't see how if this was any other club it'd have been spun in such a lovely manner. If it was us, it'd probably be 'BREAKING: Liverpool close to bankruptcy'. We've seen in the press that Hodgson gets an easy ride, and Moyes did, but it now looks like the club as a whole are getting one too.

Their profits have gone from 146mill -> 23mill, and they said it wouldn't have been 146 last year, it'd have been a loss if they weren't saved by a one-off tax credit.
Even with their new sponsorship deals coming on, they've just spunked about 150-200mill in the next set of books on players. Regardless to what the scum supporter on here says, I think their losses and shit-creek is being underrated.

Small consolation for you Mors I know, but RTE Sport are leading with " 84% drop in profits for manchester united"

"We assume third place (Premier League finish minimum) in our budgets including next season," said Woodward.

Ambitious. Love it if they finished outside top 4 again.

"We assume third place (Premier League finish minimum) in our budgets including next season," said Woodward.

LOL.
Talk about hanging an albatross around your neck.

This line is going to crop up in every Van Gaal press Conference between January to the end of season...

For this year's budget it makes very little difference.
For example, the difference between finishing 3rd and 7th last year was about £4m, it is following year that the effect of not qualifying for the CL would kick in.

And given that the full Adidas deal kicks in next year at £75m we should be sound for another few years without CL.

Can we shove all these rivals threads into another forum, or just get rid of them? I find myself thinking and talking about clubs that I don't really give a fuck about, and I'd prefer not to.

For this year's budget it makes very little difference.
For example, the difference between finishing 3rd and 7th last year was about £4m, it is following year that the effect of not qualifying for the CL would kick in.

And given that the full Adidas deal kicks in next year at £75m we should be sound for another few years without CL.

Why don't you just fuck off you tedious little wanker. FFS this has gone on long enough.

Not arsed about the financial dullness myself (and that is hardly the fault of Chastened) but I am hugely enjoying the fact that they are yet to win a game.

With the vastly underrated Jonny Evans as their defensive stalwart that could continue for a while longer.

Hope QPR take points off them this weekend.

Not arsed about the financial dullness myself (and that is hardly the fault of Chastened) but I am hugely enjoying the fact that they are yet to win a game.

With the vastly underrated Jonny Evans as their defensive stalwart that could continue for a while longer.

Hope QPR take points off them this weekend.

You're forgetting about phil jones and tyler blackett that are also massively underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom