• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything suggests its an injury thats been proactively managed , if anything this has been assessed as period to resolve it rather than contuinue a holding pattern

Not overly concerned

Wouldn't surprise me if Shaq is replaced in January. Do we really want to chance it like we did last year?
I just feel like we have to buy at least one player in January to cope with the current season.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if Shaq is replaced in January. Do we really want this chance it like we did last year?
I just feel like we have to buy at least one player in January to cope with the current season.
FSG needs to open their wallets and spend. If we don't watch ourselves we could have the pile-up of injuries like Man City without suitable replacements. Offer £50m for that Norwegian Kid from Leipzig plus Adam Lallana

FSG needs to open their wallets and spend, if we don't watch ourselves we could have the pile-up of injuries like Man City.
And we're even more vulnerable than they are in attack. I'm sorry, but I still don't totally trust Divock on the wing.

I'm pretty sure the Liverpool fan on Redcafe is one of the posters on here who is just repeating the usual anti jinxing hyperbole we hear all the time , to counter the argument that liverpool has all the luck / it's going to be unbeatable etc

FSG needs to open their wallets and spend. If we don't watch ourselves we could have the pile-up of injuries like Man City without suitable replacements. Offer £50m for that Norwegian Kid from Leipzig plus Adam Lallana
Hahahahaha yeah Lallana gonna go to Salzburg.

Wild

Wouldn't surprise me if Shaq is replaced in January. Do we really want to chance it like we did last year?

We do, it'd be daft not to, but Klopp always seems overly cautious about the January transfer window - maybe in the sense of bringing in an unknown personality that could disrupt the squad? I still think we have enough about us up top if Ox stays fit along with Origi, but we definitely could do with promoting Elliot to more bench opportunities and we need cover in defense.

We do, it'd be daft not to, but Klopp always seems overly cautious about the January transfer window - maybe in the sense of bringing in an unknown personality that could disrupt the squad? I still think we have enough about us up top if Ox stays fit along with Origi, but we definitely could do with promoting Elliot to more bench opportunities and we need cover in defense.
Yeah he seems overly cautious about bringing in players in January. But he did buy Van Dijk and it worked well.

Yeah he seems overly cautious about bringing in players in January. But he did buy Van Dijk and it worked well.

Yeah, although he was supposed to come in summer, it wasn't exactly a panic signing, just ....slightly delayed

Wait, people still think it’s not Klopp who decides who and when to purchase? ffs

We'll have to adjust our attacking set up, with more emphasis on supplying Mane and getting Firmino into the box.

I'm pretty confident that Chamberlain can deputise on the RW and maintain his current goal threat. He's in the goal-scoring form of his life. His goals for us this season have exclusively come from central areas, but he scored from that position for England recently which is positive for us. .

If not Elliot, with his through balls and deft chips, can certain set up Firmino and Mane. He never seems to let the occasion effect his performance, which has always been reassuringly high and well beyond his years. The positive in this is that Klopp has at least had an international break to get a plan in place and work

I'd be nervous if he was out for an extended period, but our current options should see us through a few weeks.

Is he definitely out for a period of time then or just a 'doubt' for the game at Palace?

It is kind of the best time to lose him for a few weeks after we have played City. We need to hope we get line ups and intensity right for games without him but I would be Confident that Bobby & Mane will be fine with Divock/Ox also stepping up. I agree with @Modo that Elliot feels the best option as a right forward, and it means keeping Mane on the left where he seems settled and works well with Robbo.

You know Salah has already been pencilled in for summer operation.

The problem with football isn't VAR it's the inconsistency...I thought we were living in a zero tolerance on tackles from behind were outlawed...that tackle on Salah it was a late, dangerous, blatant foul. Son got a red card for breaking Gomez leg but I don't see the difference between sons tackle and the one that felled Salah by the Leicester player.

You know Salah has already been pencilled in for summer operation.

The problem with football isn't VAR it's the inconsistency...I thought we were living in a zero tolerance on tackles from behind were outlawed...that tackle on Salah it was a late, dangerous, blatant foul. Son got a red card for breaking Gomez leg but I don't see the difference between sons tackle and the one that felled Salah by the Leicester player.

Son had that red rescinded.

Isn't it somewhat pertinent that it was subsequently judged that it was an error to give it? I would say if you were attempting to make the case that the Salah tackle was a red, then it would be best to give an analogous example of a tackle that was actually an indisputable red.

Personally I think the Choudary challenge was much more of a red than the Son challenge, which was clearly a case of a ref being influenced by the severity of the injury.

I think Son’s tackle was a bit on the petulant side and wasn’t really a red. Choudary wasn’t petulant it was full on cynical and should’ve been off.

So yes, he could’ve used a better example.

I don't agree about the Son tackle. Whatever led up to the challenge, it was a dangerous tackle in itself and for my money warranted a red regardless of the consequences. As far as I'm concerned Atkinson's mistake was his typical sh!thouse original decision, not the one he finally managed to make. I know it was rescinded but that just proves what a characteristically gopping mess the FA are making of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom