• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sion Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans tend to say the Europa League is a shite cup after they have been knocked out of it.

We were all pretty pleased when Liverpool won it against Alaves, in an amazing final. :)
I'd be more than happy if we won it again.

The route to getting there is fucking torturous, in more ways than one, & consistently seems to cost us league points along the way. On nights like tonight it really doesn't seem worth it.

Of course if we won the thing it'd seem worth it, but compared to the champions league it seems an awful lot more shit for a much worse prize.

Two loads of shit on the trot we've had to watch ffs. This had better perk up the weekend. Where's the pressing or intensity gone?

We paid 29m for Firmino

Mind you we paid 20m for Markovic and 16m for Balotelli and they're both fucking shite, so I'm not that surprised

Brad Smith has always been able to cross a decent ball, but, still, he hardly ever looks up before crossing. It's hardly a subtle thing, you'd think someone would have worked with him on that by now.

Unseeded teams: Fenerbahçe, Sion, Borussia Dortmund, Midtjylland, Villarreal, Marseille, St-Étienne, Sporting CP, Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Sparta Praha, Augsburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasaray, Sevilla, Valencia

Bet we get fucking Shakhtar in the next round

Unseeded teams: Fenerbahçe, Sion, Borussia Dortmund, Midtjylland, Villarreal, Marseille, St-Étienne, Sporting CP, Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Sparta Praha, Augsburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasaray, Sevilla, Valencia

Fark some really big names there. I wonder have those teams got to sh*t like us over the years?

Looking at that list it will be a big task to win it.

Hope its Valencia, love us to knock out ratboy

Fark some really big names there. I wonder have those teams got to sh*t like us over the years?

Looking at that list it will be a big task to win it.
That's only the 'unseeded' teams ! Now add in the seeded, & those that topped their groups, inc. those arriving from the CL : Molde, Krasnadour, Napoli, Rapid Vienna, Braga, Lazio, Loko Moscow, Basel, Schalke, At. Bilbao, Leverkusen, Olympiakos, Porto plus Spurs & United of course (who we can not draw in this next round).

That's a very strong line-up for 32 teams. Not many weak teams in there, trash cup my arse, the format may be wrong (should be qualifiers for weaker teams/nations to qualify for groups that have then done away with the Last 32 round and go straight to Last 16 as per the CL) but that is a damn good last 32. Hopefully there are some exciting, winning, nights at Anfield coming up.

CV7UVNmXAAE1qCf.png

Betting odds:-

Oddschecker : Dortmund 7/1, Napoli/Liverpool/United 12/1, Spurs 16/1
Sky : Dortmund 13/2, Napoli 10/1, United 11/1, Liverpool 12/1, Spurs 14/1
W.Hill : Dortmund 6/1, Napoli 10/1, United 10/1, Liverpool 10/1, Sevilla 12/1

Do we do ratings? Is there any point? Fuck it, I'll try:

Mignolet (6) Had very little to do, so 6 seems fair enough. He didn't concede any, or take an epoch to kick a ball out of his hands.

Toure (18) That's what I estimate his fucking weight is, anyway.

Lovren (5) Another who didn't really have much defending to do, but what he did, was very average. Very 5, in fact.

Clyne (6) I can't recall him doing much wrong, but he could maybe have been a touch more adventurous.

Smith (8) Determined, has a bit of pace and strength to him, and seemed very keen to make an impression. Did so. Well played.

Milner (5) Ran about lots, but didn't really do much with what possession he had.

Henderson (5) Played his first game for ages, and was industrious...and...that's it.

Can (6) Was pleasingly composed and kept his head and position well. Not much else to shout about, but anyway.

Lallana (5) Busy busy bee, buzzing round the place in his typical busy bee way. No goals or assists, which is also typical. He's possibly the busiest, yet least effective attacking player in the Premiership.

Firmino (2) Wait, no he isn't! This useless fucker is. At the moment he's looking like a Carroll/ Balotelli/ Aquilani/ Markovic type of waste of money.

Origi (5) Two shots. None on target.

Lol at the Firmino hate, he's already played some fantastic games this season, but he's inconsistent, what do you expect with a player in a new league, under a team who's just changed manager? He's going to take some time to settle. In the mean time, we'll see the occasional brilliant game from him, the rest will be so so, next season will be when we see the best of him.

Lol at the Firmino hate, he's already played some fantastic games this season, but he's inconsistent, what do you expect with a player in a new league, under a team who's just changed manager? He's going to take some time to settle. In the mean time, we'll see the occasional brilliant game from him, the rest will be so so, next season will be when we see the best of him.

It's not really hate. It's a rating.

He was fucking shit, so got a bad rating and a description that was entirely fitting given his display, which was fucking shit. I couldn't give a fuck if he starts to play brilliantly next season, I really hope he does. But I have my doubts, because so far he's been fucking shit.

ONE (Yes, One) game.

I'm not having a pop, I was really excited about this signing and I think the lad has got talent but fuck me, he'd better start showing something soon. It's not even like he's having average games. You actually wouldn't know he was on the pitch. That's seriously poor.

Bar the City game, he has fucking stunk. Utter dogshit.

I really hope he starts putting a few better performances soon.

I thought Lovren had his best game for us in a long time. He pretty much won everything at the back - even the commentary on my feed singled him out for praise yesterday. Surprised at the '5' rating.

I thought Lovren had his best game for us in a long time. He pretty much won everything at the back - even the commentary on my feed singled him out for praise as our best player yesterday. Surprised at the '5' rating.

I thought he was a bit sloppy and dived in a bit too much. Which is, I know, his usual MO.

ONE (Yes, One) game.

I'm not having a pop, I was really excited about this signing and I think the lad has got talent but fuck me, he'd better start showing something soon. It's not even like he's having average games. You actually wouldn't know he was on the pitch. That's seriously poor.

Fair point he's only had one very good game, which was City, but he's had some good performances other than that, admittedly they've been in the cups. He'll come good, of that I'm sure, it'll just take time.

ONE (Yes, One) game.

Not exactly true. Out of 7 starts under Klopp, I'd say he had 2 excellent games (Bournemouth and City), couple of decent ones (Chelsea and Bordeaux) and 3 poor/anonymous ones (Swansea, Newcastle and Sion). Still not good enough, but not as much as you are making it sound.

Not exactly true. Out of 7 starts under Klopp, I'd say he had 2 excellent games (Bournemouth and City), couple of decent ones (Chelsea and Bordeaux) and 3 poor/anonymous ones (Swansea, Newcastle and Sion). Still not good enough, but not as much as you are making it sound.

This. Sadly we dont allow players time to adapt anymore. Several people have also given up on Can, Moreno and Origi.

I dont get the impatience at all

Do we do ratings? Is there any point? Fuck it, I'll try:

Mignolet (6) Had very little to do, so 6 seems fair enough. He didn't concede any, or take an epoch to kick a ball out of his hands.

Toure (18) That's what I estimate his fucking weight is, anyway.

Lovren (5) Another who didn't really have much defending to do, but what he did, was very average. Very 5, in fact.

Clyne (6) I can't recall him doing much wrong, but he could maybe have been a touch more adventurous.

Smith (8) Determined, has a bit of pace and strength to him, and seemed very keen to make an impression. Did so. Well played.

Milner (5) Ran about lots, but didn't really do much with what possession he had.

Henderson (5) Played his first game for ages, and was industrious...and...that's it.

Can (6) Was pleasingly composed and kept his head and position well. Not much else to shout about, but anyway.

Lallana (5) Busy busy bee, buzzing round the place in his typical busy bee way. No goals or assists, which is also typical. He's possibly the busiest, yet least effective attacking player in the Premiership.

Firmino (2) Wait, no he isn't! This useless fucker is. At the moment he's looking like a Carroll/ Balotelli/ Aquilani/ Markovic type of waste of money.

Origi (5) Two shots. None on target.

Lovren was an 7. At least.
No point in commenting on Firmino when you clearly have an agenda.
Comparing him to those players after 3,5 months is just nuts.
Markovic is a young lad who Rodgers clearly mistreated and shouldnt be mentioned either.

And is there any point in overanalyzing performances played on a frozen pitch when both teams, especially the home team, were happy with a draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom