• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sion Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is there any point in overanalyzing performances played on a frozen pitch when both teams, especially the home team, were happy with a draw?

What, so that means it doesn't count? OK, so let's just say that Smith's good display isn't worth commenting on, and yet another pisspoor shithouse of a game from Firmino is irrelevant also.

Please let me know when we are allowed to analyse performances again, so I can make a note in my calendar

I got the impression from watching that the result had been agreed on before the game started.

Whilst I can understand why people always think that following these draws, I think it rarely happens.

It's more a case (imo of course) of both managers stressing not to take any chances when trying to attack that may mean we concede, & to minimise risk of injury across the board.

Which in effect makes it more or less a training exercise, relatively aggression free, lack of numbers when attacking & players not wanting to stretch themselves by sprinting etc.

Add in freezing conditions & it's an almost guaranteed bore draw.

Last night we didn't press in the final (attacking) third. We usually press there then concede the centre & press again in our defensive third. We also didn't push up through the midfield in numbers to support the attack when we had it.

If that were the opposite of Klopp's instructions he would have been going apoplectic, or at least standing there looking like he wanted to kick someone's head in but was having trouble deciding who to start with (as he did last weekend).

What, so that means it doesn't count? OK, so let's just say that Smith's good display isn't worth commenting on, and yet another pisspoor shithouse of a game from Firmino is irrelevant also.

Please let me know when we are allowed to analyse performances again, so I can make a note in my calendar

Ha, you know what I mean.
Its a difficult pitch to play on. And speaking from experience its a type pitch that easily gets you injured.
I've trained on pitches like that for many years in my youth and early career, before under soil heating. Its shite and dangerous.

Its got nothing to do with Brad Smiths excellent performance. I'm just saying if some players dropped their performance a bit - I can understand it.

With your ratings, never. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom