• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So we're on the hunt for a new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day for the club, I'm gutted for Kenny, they should have given him another year.

If we bring Benitez back, I might just top myself

Read somewhere that he was fired because he was not agreeing to kick Suarez out of the club. They will instruct the new manager to get rid this summer. Don't know if true...

there is a sense of entitlement with liverpool and fuck knows where it comes from seeing as we haven't won the league in 21 years.

Sorry but this "sense of entitlement" stuff is bollocks and always has been. If it meant anything it would mean we think we deserve to win things, and I don't know one single fan who thinks that. Knowing that we used to be at the top of English and European football, and wanting to get back there a.s.a.p, do NOT constitute "a sense of entitlement". If anything they indicate the opposite - we know only too well how far short of those standards we currently fall.

I'll be happy if we show progress, but you say "He had a torrid year - but he could have made it work". Key word being "could". What if he didn't?
Nothing this season has indicated to me that we were getting stronger and better. There was no progress IMO.
I'm just saying, what is there that could convince these "yanks" to let Kenny have another go at it, transfers and all?

If he doesn't, then you let him go.

There was progress - the first half of the season, we played some amazing stuff and just couldn't get a break - be it our own doing (posts, poor finishing) or the opposing team (Vorm, Ruddy etc etc). We really played some lovely stuff at times.

Oh well, I don't really care. You say in some posts 'You wanted Kenny to succeed,' but then in others, you refuse to acknowledge anything positive.

We're about trophies. We had one, after going 6 years without one. You want to bring a manager who hadn't won anything with us his last few years and had us in 7th place. You see what I'm getting out, don't you?

Come on mate. He should stay here and win more thropies. That rumour sounds like BS. Like 99% of all info out there.

I get your point, but in this day and age, that is what football is about.. We are Liverpool football club.. We need to be alongside the elite clubs...

Winning the carling cup ain't going to get you that..

That's the way the game is.. Kenny was never a long term solution, the more the season went on, the more realization sunk in.. that was certainly the case..

People slate Rafa..but he had us challenging on all fronts a few years back..

Where we should be..

Rafa finished 7th in his last season. That's progress? 5th -> 2nd -> 7th? He'd clearly lost his way. Kenny was giving 18 months. That's right?

I don't really care if that's what football is about ... I thought we were still different. I thought Henry & co, coming from a franchise like the BoSox, got that. I guess we're not. Now, we're about $$$ and 4th place, not trophies. We at Liverpool Franchise Corporation need 4th, or you're fired. End of.

The Carling Cup is a trophy. Trophies are what Wenger has been trying to win for 7 years. Sure, it's not the UCL or even FA Cup, but it's a cup and it's something to build on. If the next manager finishes 6th and wins nothing, are you going to be happy? ARe you going to demand he get fired?

You are remembering Rafa for his first 4 years ... He lost his way during the last 18-24 months of his reign.

Come on mate. He should stay here and win more thropies. That rumour sounds like BS. Like 99% of all info out there.

Trophies don't matter. Only the league position does. He should leave. I doubt he'll have a choice

Trophies don't matter. Only the league position does. He should leave. I doubt he'll have a choice
give it a rest, sunny. what matters is that we are progressing towards being a top club again so we have a chance at the big trophies. carling cup and fa cup are ace but they are not gonna do that.

give it a rest, sunny. what matters is that we are progressing towards being a top club again so we have a chance at the big trophies. carling cup and fa cup are ace but they are not gonna do that.

Fuck off will I fuck give it rest. Like you have all season moaning like fuck? And are we progressing at all? You'd better wait and see before you make that call

our league finishes fell directly in line with our next spend, when we started making a PROFIT in the transfer window we fell out of the CL

Or when we made a few poor signings (Robbie Keane, Andres Dossena, Aquaman, Johnson etc) that didn't take the squad to the next level.

He should leave. Stop playing one game for the gaffa, and one for your star player.

Probably a good time to move to Juve and win the CL - they want him or RvP.

If we hound Suarez out of the club then I'm finished with football. Makes absolutly no sense and will be the final nail in the coffin.

I'll find myself a non-league club to supprt and the rest can get to fuck.

If we hound Suarez out of the club then I'm finished with football. Makes absolutly no sense and will be the final nail in the coffin.

I'll find myself a non-league club to supprt and the rest can get to fuck.

I actually was talking to my mate about Barnet. I think I may adopt them and see how that goes.

Brace yourself ole chap - Suarez is gone. Adios Luis - gracias por todos.

Let's make this easy for the Rafa appreciators and Rafa Haters. He's not coming. NESV, or FSG or whatever will not hire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom