• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So we're on the hunt for a new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so certain mate?

Dunno ... Daglish stood by him despite what it was doing to his name with a select group of Liverpool fans and the media. I would have guessed he'd have stayed because of Daglish - now that that obstacle is gone, he can go to a bigger club, and challenge. To be honest, I'm not even that bothered. I used to get so pissed when Ross would say, "If you get an offer of 40, sell," but now, I'm with him 100%. Sell even for 30 ... And try and set the squad up for the future ...

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Luis doesnt sound appear to be that kind of player. He owes the fans his loyalty aswell.

I think the appointment of the new manager will decide a lot of things. Latest rumours on twitter are that they want a championship winning manager - that excludes some of the midtable crap.

Why so certain mate?

I'm not certain but SCB want him out apparently so it's a question of whether our owners bend to their demands. There's also the question of Suarez's loyalty to Dalglish. Did he not make a statement to that effect lately.

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Luis doesnt sound appear to be that kind of player. He owes the fans his loyalty aswell.

I think the appointment of the new manager will decide a lot of things. Latest rumours on twitter are that they want a championship winning manager - that excludes some of the midtable crap.

He owes the fans what exactly? He left Ajax and the fans stood by him despite his antics ... He owes us nothing mate, just like Owen didn't, just like Shaggy didn't, just like Torres didn't. Start making peace with it ... I'd say 70/30 he's gone, and again, I don't hold it against him.

If he doesn't, then you let him go.

There was progress - the first half of the season, we played some amazing stuff and just couldn't get a break - be it our own doing (posts, poor finishing) or the opposing team (Vorm, Ruddy etc etc). We really played some lovely stuff at times.

Oh well, I don't really care. You say in some posts 'You wanted Kenny to succeed,' but then in others, you refuse to acknowledge anything positive.

We're about trophies. We had one, after going 6 years without one. You want to bring a manager who hadn't won anything with us his last few years and had us in 7th place. You see what I'm getting out, don't you?

I did want Kenny to succeed, but I have to be honest in assessment of the team's performance this season and looking at it as whole it's been bad. So no there isn't much positive except the cup competitions and I really hoped that the signings we made last summer would take us to another level. When Kenny joined, one of the first things I said was that I wanted him to be the one to snatch the title away from Fergie and knock him down that bloody perch.
After signing Downing, Adam and Henderson, my faith in Kenny started to falter and as the season progressed it was getting worse and worse. It hit rock bottom during the horrid run we had after the league cup final. That's pretty much when I was convinced that the team needed a change.

Regarding Benitez, yes I wouldn't mind him joining or Martinez or Van Gaal.
But my first picks would always be Mourinho, Guardiola, Low, Klopp but I don't know it's even realistic to consider them.

I have seen Benitez rebuild this club once before, making it a mainstay in the CL for 4 years. Sure, he made mistakes during his time here but I also feel that he didn't get the backing he needed from the owners when it was needed the most.
Currently Benitez still lives in the area, he knows the club, he knows the players and I think it would be an easy transition.

You are very favorable with your analysis of Rafa. If you afforded the same to Daglish, I'd be ok with it. You don't though, and ignore the disturbing trends in the last two years (not to mention his non-stop issues with owners).

I was reliably informed that Standard Charter had a £75m downpayment on the table for the naming rights for the new stadium, enough to get the project off the ground. Then the Suarez incident happened, funding withdrawn.

I'm not certain but SCB want him out apparently so it's a question of whether our owners bend to their demands. There's also the question of Suarez's loyalty to Dalglish. Did he not make a statement to that effect lately.

SCB?

I was reliably informed that Standard Charter had a £75m downpayment on the table for the naming rights for the new stadium, enough to get the project off the ground. Then the Suarez incident happened, funding withdrawn.

Ouch.

That would be a decent reason for cleaning house.

Yeah the SCB thing is what gets me nervous. If we get told what to do by our sponsors then I'm deffo finished with this. Suarez is THE most important player to keep hold of.

Gutted Kenny's gone, yeah we had a shit season but the foundations were there to push on with the younger players coming through the ranks and to put this season right. It seems the older players and a few of the signings have let him down badly. I'm gutted he's not even going to be at the club in any other role. FSG have got to get the next appointment right and work out what they want. Gutted. Long live the King

Based on what Shiek and Sunny are saying, 80% he's gone Hansern ... A lot of people got what they wished for, I just hope they were right.

Yeah the SCB thing is what gets me nervous. If we get told what to do by our sponsors then I'm deffo finished with this. Suarez is THE most important player to keep hold of.

It's all about the money mate. I'm told (not sure how true) FSG wanted rid of Luis because of pressure in Jan but Kenny defended him to the hilt. Kennys gone, Luis may follow and we'd best hope to got the money goes towards finding a replacement, if it can be done. Should I give it a rest now ?

It's all about the money mate. I'm told (not sure how true) FSG wanted rid of Luis because of pressure in Jan but Kenny defended him to the hilt. Kennys gone, Luis may follow and we'd best hope to got the money goes towards finding a replacement, if it can be done. Should I give it a rest now ?

Gracias Luis ... If he goes with Maxi, I wonder how that will impact Coates? Lucas? Oh I can't wait for next year!!!

If that's true about SCB I expect the SOS lot to bring out their Standards Corrupted shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom