• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So we're on the hunt for a new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great way to start the summer. Nice and calm, a few transfers in, the Euros and then some friendlies before the league starts.

But no, not us. Chaos, mayhem, rumours, media laughing stock, selling your best players and probably getting a mediocre new manager in.

I used to wish the season would finish quickly, now I just wish there was 10-15 games to go and we didnt know anything abot this stuff.

Gutted.

If Suarez leaving means SCB take up the naming rights to a new stadium and construction begins immediately, then I'll accept that compromise for the long term future of the club.

If Suarez leaving means SCB take up the naming rights to a new stadium and construction begins immediately, then I'll accept that compromise for the long term future of the club.

The club will most likely struggle to get into the top 10 then ... Which will mean another new manager etc ... It's a vicious cycle ... and even if he goes, it doesn't mean a new stadium will happen ... Basically, as Sunny said before it was official, be careful what 'you' (not you you but many of our fans) wish for.

Fair comment. We'd still need a decent team to fill a stadium

I don't think Liverpool really serves some kInd of higher purpose for me. Perhaps it's be nice if it did but at the end of the day I just like the game of football and Liverpool is my team. I've said it before but I think wasting hours of our lives every day on here shows that there is some kind of commitment there.

I don't have a great deal of attachment to Kenny. I have vague and happy memories of the 80's but that's all they are. I didn't genuinely live through them like some of the older posters on here. I don't think that attachment can be developed through reading stuff either, not for me anyway.

I'm more concerned about the future and the stuff regarding Suarez in particular.

Rafa finished 7th in his last season. That's progress? 5th -> 2nd -> 7th? He'd clearly lost his way. Kenny was giving 18 months. That's right?

I don't really care if that's what football is about ... I thought we were still different. I thought Henry & co, coming from a franchise like the BoSox, got that. I guess we're not. Now, we're about $$$ and 4th place, not trophies. We at Liverpool Franchise Corporation need 4th, or you're fired. End of.

The Carling Cup is a trophy. Trophies are what Wenger has been trying to win for 7 years. Sure, it's not the UCL or even FA Cup, but it's a cup and it's something to build on. If the next manager finishes 6th and wins nothing, are you going to be happy? ARe you going to demand he get fired?

You are remembering Rafa for his first 4 years ... He lost his way during the last 18-24 months of his reign.

I think that's a really terrible post.

The club will most likely struggle to get into the top 10 then ... Which will mean another new manager etc ... It's a vicious cycle ... and even if he goes, it doesn't mean a new stadium will happen ... Basically, as Sunny said before it was official, be careful what 'you' (not you you but many of our fans) wish for.

I did say that I'd only accept it if construction begins immediately. I don't wish Suarez gone at all, so it's a case 'do this (sell him), get that (stadium underway)'.

We are naturally 'too big' to consistently fail to get Top 10 even with a decent manager, rather than a top manager. Money buys your place in the league table, bar one or two anomalies at most; Everton with that no-money genius Moyes and, in fact, us this season, punching below our weight whilst Newcastle punched above.

We'd fill a new stadium to start with, even if we'd had a few seasons mid table beforehand. The club would be pushing the 'it's the game-changer' message anywhere and everywhere and people would hook into that and turn up to kick-start the rebirth of the club.

I dunno Tal ... Maybe a bit of 'caring' was drained out so now it's not really that important as Keni hints at ... Oh well, it could be worse, I could be a Wolves fan.

A new stadium with second rate footballers playing in it, no thanks.

We've a shortage of top class players at the Club as it is, and we simply can't afford to lose anymore.

Selling Suarez would be plain stupid even if we get £50m for him. I'm fucking angry even thinking about it.

I was reliably informed that Standard Charter had a £75m downpayment on the table for the naming rights for the new stadium, enough to get the project off the ground. Then the Suarez incident happened, funding withdrawn.

Who by Sheiky...

Incidentally could people stop fucking getting what they wished for on here.... first its rafa out, then hodgson in, then Kenny out and now i'll be fucked if some arent talking bout our only genuinely decent player...

Jinxed fuckers...

Ive just got in, ive had a pleasant evening on the sauce turned on the computer and read that some bunch of Yank cunts have sacked Kenny. Fuck sake... can we leave losing our best player for a few days more yet... enoughs enough.

What a bunch of cunts....

decisive! How bout they decisively build a fucking stadium already....

I'm not like ross thinking suarez is a waste of space but the money suarez would generate outweighs his contribution. the isn't a regular goal scorer and doesn't have assists coming out of his ears as a forward. I doubt we are getting a big transfer kitty and I think he is going to be a big name casualty.

I'm not like ross thinking suarez is a waste of space but the money suarez would generate outweighs his contribution. the isn't a regular goal scorer and doesn't have assists coming out of his ears as a forward. I doubt we are getting a big transfer kitty and I think he is going to be a big name casualty.

Precisely. Sell him. Being responsible for almost 30 goals on a struggling team is nothing short of pathetic. We can get someone like Grant HOlt for 10 million to lead the line, Victor Moses for 10 to play on the wing and maybe, if we're lucky, 20 million on James Milner to solve our RW problem. Suarez = 3 players that will make us great again.

I dunno Tal ... Maybe a bit of 'caring' was drained out so now it's not really that important as Keni hints at ... Oh well, it could be worse, I could be a Wolves fan.

Oddy, we'd still have Kenny in charge if our management had done what Steve Morgan did at Wolves, which was to do what the fans wanted with regards to the manager. Morgan sacked McCarthy directly after taking a lot of personal flak from the fans. He later regretted it. I know this to be true because the person who told me works very closely with Morgan on a day-to-day basis.

Anyway, that snippet aside, I think for a lot of people, a lot of 'caring' was given a good kicking today by the departure of Kenny.

All I really care about at the moment is seeing his face once again smiling in the stands, with his old mates. In some ways I think his legend will actually have grown because of the fact he did win us some silverware after a long barren period, came close to doing it twice, and maintained his dignity.

He'll be in the stands - that's for sure. He loves this club, loves the team etc ... but something inside me wishes he wouldn't. Take a break -- he needs it.

Precisely. Sell him. Being responsible for almost 30 goals on a struggling team is nothing short of pathetic. We can get someone like Grant HOlt for 10 million to lead the line, Victor Moses for 10 to play on the wing and maybe, if we're lucky, 20 million on James Milner to solve our RW problem. Suarez = 3 players that will make us great again.

Haha. Roll on the glory days.

it depends who the new manager is and who he and DOF earmark for potential signings. if there is no money forthcoming then I can see suarez being sold. there are simply too many positions that need addressing.

it depends who the new manager is and who he and DOF earmark for potential signings. if there is no money forthcoming then I can see suarez being sold. there are simply too many positions that need addressing.

Ok - I'll stop playing the game as you're missing the point - you DO NOT sell your best players if you want to do anything. You keep them and build around them. For FUCK'S SAKE - we've sold Mascher, Torres, ALonso etc and where has that got us? WHERE!?!?

Seriously ole chap, make peace with it ... It's more than likely going to happen.

Make peace with it, nah fuck that shit. We've sold enough world class players in the last few years.We can't proclaim to be this massive Club when we're selling our best players, it just doesn't happen.

Selling your prized asset sends out all the wrong signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom