• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So we're on the hunt for a new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I’d wanted it to happen, much as I thought the position was just-about untenable given the lack of public assurances over the last few days, and let’s face it – much as it needed to be done… It still hits you when you read the news. It stopped me when I opened the Guardian website about 30 minutes ago, saw Kenny’s face and the word “sacked” in the title next to it. It still stops you cold.
If ever evidence were needed that these owners care not a jot for the emotional attachment this great club has then this is it. A straw poll amongst supporters would have told them that me and my preference was the minority view. Ask 100 people on the Kop and the majority would have chosen Dlaglish to stay, and the Americans would have known that.
Still, they cut him off. Cold. That’s two Managers in 18 months they’ve got rid of, something our club has never seen the like of in it’s history. That they chose to attend a regular season Red Sox game over the FA cup semi-final against Everton (they had 3 other games on that fucking week btw) tells you where their loyalties lie. Whilst the red Sox might be a love and a pull, we’re a company, an investment, and the Manager to them was an underperforming part of it that needed to be cut loose. The Carlin Cup might have put a trophy in the cabinet room, but it didn’t put any dollars in the bank.
These yanks are at a tipping point right now, but more of that later.
Dalglish had to go. He got 4 things wrong for me; signings, results, performances and the Suarez affair.
The signings don’t need remarked upon further. They’ve been fucking disasterous as some of us knew they’d be.
The results have been appalling. The stats are there; worst league return in 50 years, worst home record, most amount of losses, etc etc. You can reel them off, however you address it it looks bad for Dalglish.
And then the performances. I never bought the “He’s won X, therefore he deserves another year” stuff. That indicates that there is improvement, there wasn’t. Have a look at the performances (even the ones that won the Cup. We were woeful against Cardiff until they shit themselves, we were terrible against Everton until we roused ourselves for 30 minutes, and the first 60 minutes of that Cup Final were as abject as I’ve seen until a let hurrah). Wigan, Fulham, Swansea, Blackburn, Newcastle. Losing to shit like that, at home in some cases too. And they didn’t have to be on their game to do us. We are an average side that they turned over, and if Kenny Dlaglish isn’t bringing heart and passion to the Liverpool team on the field, what else has he got?
And finally I don’t think he handled the Suarez episode well. Sure he could have been advised better, and the general club message wasn’t a good one, but he’s the face of the side and he’s been around long enough. However you look at it, and the blame stretched further than him, he could have done without handling that badly.
And now the attention turns to the Americans again. Successive managers gone, a DOF that didn’t work, and no stadium. Honeymoon over. My guess is they’ll go young, and they’ll go European. The Britishness of the club over the last 18 months would have scared them away for a while.
Anyway, good luck Kenny. Your legend tag at the club hasn’t diminished a jot, and that’s the best anyone could have wished for.

What does it matter? Don't you trust me?

I dont know you sheiky.... you could be on a tactless wind up for all i know, indeed it may well be a grrrreeat timeto sell our best player... I just think well fuck it seeing as none of us are actually real people and stuff you might as well put all your cards on the table.

I dont know you sheiky.... you could be on a tactless wind up for all i know, indeed it may well be a grrrreeat timeto sell our best player... I just think well fuck it seeing as none of us are actually real people and stuff you might as well put all your cards on the table.
He won't be on a wind up, it ain't our resident baldys style not on a day like today.

That they chose to attend a regular season Red Sox game over the FA cup semi-final against Everton (they had 3 other games on that fucking week btw) tells you where their loyalties lie

It was not a regular season game. it was the home opener against NY Yankees, exactlymundo on the fucking date the 100 years since Fenway opened the doors the first time. The city, the club and the whole fucking league was dressed up for a party. It was not a regular game. I don't like them anymore, but for that game they have my full understanding for attending. Facts are fun when you can twist them and use them exactly how you want to fit your agenda, aren't they?

It was not a regular season game. it was the home opener against NY Yankees, exactlymundo on the fucking date the 100 years since Fenway opened the doors the first time. The city, the club and the whole fucking league was dressed up for a party. It was not a regular game. I don't like them anymore, but for that game they have my full understanding for attending. Facts are fun when you can twist them and use them exactly how you want to fit your agenda, aren't they?
About to say the same thing.

Ask 100 people on the Kop and the majority would have chosen Dlaglish to stay, and the Americans would have known that.
Still, they cut him off. Cold. .

Not quite cold, he was offered the DoF job and turned them down right off the bat so its hardly as cynical as your making out, he put them in a position where their only realistic option was to sack him, if he was hoping sentimentality would save him he was wrong and rightly so

While this is a sad event it reinforces my belief in the new owners, they are making tough decisions and doing so on the basis of whats best for the club, they are owning up to the mistakes they made previously and addressing them, that what I want from owners, and I dare say if Kenny displayed half the objectivity towards his own poor decisions then he might still have a job.

We are in uncharted waters now in the clubs recent history, we need to rebuild massively, the expectation on a new manager will not be top 4 or bust, he wont have the money available or the squad to do it. But if he shows progress, makes some decent signings and gets us pkaying good football again I will be happy to give him time and see how things turn out.

YNWA King Kenny

I believe you said standard chartered pulled sponsership for the new stadia after the Suarez affair.

Nah that wasn't me. I said I heard that Kenny was sacked cause he didn't agree to kick Luis out. That will be first on the agenda of the new boss when hired. Who is the right man now?

Kenny Dalglish left Liverpool today and you seem intent on being a smart arse. Why not consider packing it in, just for today?

Well put. themn enjoys acting the sarcastic fuck. Obviously no opinion to offer himself so he goes around picking at other posters comments thinking he's a cool dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom