• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs - Liverpool CL Final pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Lets get this started then seeing as its only a few days to the final.
Everyone is fit bar Keita according to Klopps presser at Melwood today. Great news that Firmino is back.
I like that we've listened to the players about last years preparations and will now travel on Friday with only one night in Madrid before the final. Last season the players apparently felt that 3 days in Kiev prior to the final was to much. Spurs travel to Madrid tomorrow btw.

Early team predictions:

Alisson
TAA Matip Virgil Robbo
Wijnaldum Fabinho Hendo
Salah Firmino Mane

That'll be the team I reckon.

Only possible decision I think Klopp has to make is Gini or Milner, & Gini's age, performance against Barca, plus the fact Milner is such an asset to have to bring on in a game, means Gini gets the nod for me.

I suppose there's an argument to be made for either Lovren or Gomez, but Matip has earned his spot in the side.

There is a small chance Gomez could play instead of Matip or TAA. Klopp has a track record of playing Gomez at right back if he thinks the oppositions left winger is going to give us problems. However Matip and TAA have been in great form and neither deserves to be dropped.

Firmino might be a fitness doubt, and that would mean Origi...but I doubt it.

The only real decision is which one to drop from Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum Fabinho. They all deserve to play in the final and I'd hate to have to make that decision.

Only possible decision I think Klopp has to make is Gini or Milner, & Gini's age, performance against Barca, plus the fact Milner is such an asset to have to bring on in a game, means Gini gets the nod for me.

I suppose there's an argument to be made for either Lovren or Gomez, but Matip has earned his spot in the side.
Only worry is if Firmino will be on form for the game. So important, he cannot have a bad game.

Everyone is fit bar Keita according to Klopps presser at Melwood today. Great news that Firmino is back.
I like that we've listened to the players about last years preparations and will now travel on Friday with only one night in Madrid before the final. Last season the players apparently felt that 3 days in Kiev prior to the final was to much. Spurs travel to Madrid tomorrow btw.

Early team predictions:

Alisson
TAA Matip Virgil Robbo
Wijnaldum Fabinho Hendo
Salah Firmino Mane

That's my 11. Shame for Milner but he's too versatile as a sub to bring on. I'm not a huge fan of Matip but credit where it's due - he's earned this start

Early team predictions:

Alisson
TAA Matip Virgil Robbo
Wijnaldum Fabinho Hendo
Salah Firmino Mane

Eh? There has been a pre match thread going for weeks.

Matip surely has earned his place but I'd love to have Gomez's speed vs Moura and/or Son.

The decision Klopp has to make for me is whether he feels Firmino can just drop back in. I think he'll play him as he is a vital cog but it's still a decision to make.

There is a small chance Gomez could play instead of Matip or TAA. Klopp has a track record of playing Gomez at right back if he thinks the oppositions left winger is going to give us problems. However Matip and TAA have been in great form and neither deserves to be dropped.

Last time we did that, we lost 3-0.
TAA creates so many problems for opposing teams that it balances out the fact he's not as good defensively as Super Joe

I can't think of a single time Klopps done that and after the game we've thought it was the right call. We're better pushing Spurs back, and Trents delivery is a massive part of our offensive play, also, who is Spurs left winger? I'm assuming Moura and Son will be playing down the middle, even so, Trents hardly slow, he's just not Gomez super rapid.

The decision Klopp has to make for me is whether he feels Firmino can just drop back in. I think he'll play him as he is a vital cog but it's still a decision to make.

Realistically, Firmino has only missed two games, and one of them he came off the bench, I'd say he'll be just sharp as the rest.

Agree with the sentiment here that the only real personnel decision will be which 3 of Fabinho, Hendo, Gini or Millie. I am hopeful that it is really which 2 of Hendo, Gini & Millie to join Fabinho who should be a definite starter.

I'd like to see

-----------Alisson-----------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabs--------------
-----Hendo-----Gini---------
Salah----Bobby----Mane

We then have subs who ended the season in good form: Origi, Shaqiri, Milner, Ox, Gomez

So what does the opponent choose? Lucas Moura or Harry Kane?
I imagine Poch will start Kane on the bench and bring him on early (50-55 mins) if they are behind or late (80+) if they are doing well. So hopefully we'll see him around the 30th minute then.

I reckon they'll start Kane and bench Moura. I hope its Dier in the middle too - someone who doesn't cause much trouble offensively (outside of set pieces)

Kane will definitely start ( and probably play around 70 mins ) which is great news for us in two ways. !. He's in no way fit, and nowhere near match fit. 2. It keeps Moura off the pitch until late on so our backline will have an easier time of it than if Moura / Son both started.

I wonder whether both could start. I could see Pochettino playing Son and Moura out wide to counteract our FBs bombing forward, tho' that might leave them light in MF as they're not used to lining up that way.

And if Kane starts we need to get Fabinho tight to him, to stop him dropping into midfield pockets and spraying the ball wide to the likes of Moura and Son, someone else can then look after Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom