• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs - Liverpool CL Final pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moura will start.

But hope diving Kane does his ankle in doing a triple salchow for a penalty.

Worryingly the crap referee might decide this game. He's gone four from five against us hasn't he?

Last edited:
I can't think of a single time Klopps done that and after the game we've thought it was the right call. We're better pushing Spurs back, and Trents delivery is a massive part of our offensive play, also, who is Spurs left winger? I'm assuming Moura and Son will be playing down the middle, even so, Trents hardly slow, he's just not Gomez super rapid.

It's not just the winger we have to worry about. I assume Danny Rose will play left back and he likes to get forward. Their starting lineup is harder to predict than ours but Sissoko like to drive down the left (and he's had quite a good season), and Moura (although he's more right sided and he might not play, but again he's in good form) and Son (depending where he plays) can drift out wide.

Spurs played three at the back in the last game and were absolutely dreadful, before switching it up and being the better team in the second half. So hopefully they try three at the back again.

It's not just the winger we have to worry about. I assume Danny Rose will play left back and he likes to get forward. Their starting lineup is harder to predict than ours but Sissoko like to drive down the left (and he's had quite a good season), and Moura (although he's more right sided and he might not play, but again he's in good form) and Son (depending where he plays) can drift out wide.

Spurs played three at the back in the last game and were absolutely dreadful, before switching it up and being the better team in the second half. So hopefully they try three at the back again.
Pochettino has a lot more decisions to make than Klopp. If I were him I'd even be unsure about what formation to start, then he has headaches over selection too.

We usually say Klopp can be guilty over over thinking things, but I think there's a real danger of that from Spurs this time.

Unfortunately, Pochettino has a great ability to quickly change things when they're not going well. If he does fuck up & they start poorly, we simply have to take advantage of that before he changes it.

Yes I like the sentiment in here so far. There's a sense of precaution and soberiety. Unlike last time when many were boasting of smashing Real like it was a foregone conclusion before the ball was kicked. I never like overconfidence, more so when it's a Klopp final. Humility is key lads. Where's that doomsmonger Hal ?

Yes I like the sentiment in here so far. There's a sense of precaution and soberiety. Unlike last time when many were boasting of smashing Real like it was a foregone conclusion before the ball was kicked. I never like overconfidence, more so when it's a Klopp final. Humility is key lads. Where's that doomsmonger Hal ?

Here, and I've been bricking it for weeks. I am absolutely dreading it. The possibility of failure is outweighing the positive possibility of winning it. And that shouldn't happen. It's because it's cunting Spurs. I think I may hate them more than any other club.

I just think we'll lose because it'll be hilarious for fans of every other club in the country that we finish on 97 points and don't win the league, then lose the CL to Spurs. Like what the fuck? You've always got to look for some silly narrative like that.

If I think logically, we should win. But I just can't do it.

Hopefully I'm fucking miles off. Last year I had a good feeling and crisp packet wrists in goal did his thing, so what do I know? But I have a horrible feeling, and think we'll see Harry cunting Kane's slobbering, gorping grid lifting the trophy. Bollocks. Don't think I could take any more footy after this year.

Doomy enough for you?

You're just trying to raise our hopes mate well done. Thanks for trying. Ferutile but valient,mutch depriciated.

What's good about those stats is that he doesn't seem like the type of Ref. to give away red cards or penalties willy nilly and doesn't seem to have a problem with English football. VAR will help too of course.

Here, and I've been bricking it for weeks. I am absolutely dreading it. The possibility of failure is outweighing the positive possibility of winning it. And that shouldn't happen. It's because it's cunting Spurs. I think I may hate them more than any other club.

I just think we'll lose because it'll be hilarious for fans of every other club in the country that we finish on 97 points and don't win the league, then lose the CL to Spurs. Like what the fuck? You've always got to look for some silly narrative like that.

If I think logically, we should win. But I just can't do it.

Hopefully I'm fucking miles off. Last year I had a good feeling and crisp packet wrists in goal did his thing, so what do I know? But I have a horrible feeling, and think we'll see Harry cunting Kane's slobbering, gorping grid lifting the trophy. Bollocks. Don't think I could take any more footy after this year.

Doomy enough for you?

Yeah, we’ve beaten Spurs twice, finished 16 points ahead of them and got one of the highest points totals in Premier league history, so it deffo stands to reason that we will end up with fuck all and lose to an inferior team in the CL final

It’s got all the signs of some kind of LFC Klopp curse legend in the making

Best team to never win anything and all that shit.

I am, as you can tell, in full-on Chicken Little mode. I actually feel ill thinking about it

Piedro will confirm I've been bordering on a nervous breakdown this morning. Couldn't sleep last night going through everything that can and will go wrong. I need a pint.

Piedro will confirm I've been bordering on a nervous breakdown this morning. Couldn't sleep last night going through everything that can and will go wrong. I need a pint.
That's where I am at the moment.

Gone from being quietly confident, to sure we'll win it, to a bit nervous, to convinced we'll lose, & now trying to edge my way into somewhere in the middle.

This three week gap is fucking torture.

We're winning this. I'm not worried at all

Yep. 3-1.

How many of their players would get into our squad? How many times have we beaten them this season? Who has the better manager? How many points behind us were they this season?

Sure, anything can happen in a final, but there’s no need to feel anything less than optimistic.

What if you already know everything in the world is shit? Then there's no if to discuss, we've already lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom