• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261388#msg1261388 date=1295898673]
[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261368#msg1261368 date=1295897892]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261356#msg1261356 date=1295897390]
Neets is just doing her contrarian/devils advocate thing. I don't think she believes what she is saying, because it's an incredibly weak argument.
[/quote]

Like I said, they're obviously wrong for saying what they did, and I more than anyone totally disagree with them: I'm a female football fan.

But I just think the whole thing's being blown out of proportion. Is anyone surprised that two fifty-something year old men think this? Really? No. So let's not all act like it's shocking that they do.

And like I said, everyone on here is just going to town on them, cos it's them. Would we be saying the same if it was Alan Hansern? Of course not.

But hearing people compare it to racism is just plain pissing me off. It's not the same, they're comments didn't include broadly recognised sexist terms, instead what they said was specific to football, what Ron Atkinson said was not, the term that he chose to use goes well beyond football. The two cases cannot be compared.
[/quote]

Agreed, it's not surprising.

I disagree that it's because people hate them. There'd be just as much uproar if it was Alan Hansen.

The point that you are making that just doesn't make any sense is your attempt to compartmentalize a generalization. If I said "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers" it would be a deeply racist thing to say. It wouldn't not be racist because I was applying my racism to a specific pursuit, and that my terminology wasn't racist.

I don't see the difference between the statement "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers", the statement "Niggers are dumb", it's just that the second is more crass.

It's not the same as racism, but it is just sexism, and the generalization that goes with it is the same mechanism. What they said wasn't specific to football. Their statement, like much sexism throughout the ages says that they aren't capable of understanding a priveleged set of knowledge due to a deficiency inherent to their gender. Then the "do me a favour, love" betrays a total condescension not even worthy of articulation.
[/quote]

excellent post mate.

Here was me thinking that this thread was for Suarez updates, you lot, really.

Oh come on, this is 6CM. The title is just the starting-point for a thread on here.

[quote author=themn link=topic=43645.msg1261380#msg1261380 date=1295898190]
Anita only wants us to sign him cause she fancies him.

Trufax.
[/quote]

He's ugly. But I will love his ugly face if he signs for us.

I think Anita kind of likes being one of the few women she knows who loves and understands football, so she's not particularly keen on encouraging other women to do the same.

That's it, isn't it Neets? You just like being one of the lads.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=43645.msg1261389#msg1261389 date=1295899021]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261388#msg1261388 date=1295898673]
[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261368#msg1261368 date=1295897892]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261356#msg1261356 date=1295897390]
Neets is just doing her contrarian/devils advocate thing. I don't think she believes what she is saying, because it's an incredibly weak argument.
[/quote]

Like I said, they're obviously wrong for saying what they did, and I more than anyone totally disagree with them: I'm a female football fan.

But I just think the whole thing's being blown out of proportion. Is anyone surprised that two fifty-something year old men think this? Really? No. So let's not all act like it's shocking that they do.

And like I said, everyone on here is just going to town on them, cos it's them. Would we be saying the same if it was Alan Hansern? Of course not.

But hearing people compare it to racism is just plain pissing me off. It's not the same, they're comments didn't include broadly recognised sexist terms, instead what they said was specific to football, what Ron Atkinson said was not, the term that he chose to use goes well beyond football. The two cases cannot be compared.
[/quote]

Agreed, it's not surprising.

I disagree that it's because people hate them. There'd be just as much uproar if it was Alan Hansen.

The point that you are making that just doesn't make any sense is your attempt to compartmentalize a generalization. If I said "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers" it would be a deeply racist thing to say. It wouldn't not be racist because I was applying my racism to a specific pursuit, and that my terminology wasn't racist.

I don't see the difference between the statement "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers", the statement "Niggers are dumb", it's just that the second is more crass.

It's not the same as racism, but it is just sexism, and the generalization that goes with it is the same mechanism. What they said wasn't specific to football. Their statement, like much sexism throughout the ages says that they aren't capable of understanding a priveleged set of knowledge due to a deficiency inherent to their gender. Then the "do me a favour, love" betrays a total condescension not even worthy of articulation.
[/quote]

excellent post mate.
[/quote]

Again, I disagree. Because you're black people are bad engineers is a baseless comment to make, where as football *is* a male dominated sport, the PL has only male players, manager and officials, so they're comments are not baseless, see my couture fashion example for a more proportionate comparison.

Like I said, they're wrong, but it's not on the same level as Ron Atkinson's statement, no way.

True story time. Two girls sat beside me in the Upper Centenary for the derby. Never been the game before. Asked me which one the Kop was. Left just after we scored, after about 35mins as I recall. Bored.

I was investigating how to split topics but I'm pretty sure I'd break the site.

Can people take the non Suarez topics to wherever they should be. Thanks.

Ajax want to bring an action (FIFA) because LFC has talked with Suarez and his agent without telling Ajax. (Voetbal International)

Comolli has clearly played a blinder.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1261406#msg1261406 date=1295900034]
Comolli has clearly played a blinder.
[/quote]Yup. Hes like the professor.

I'm a bit confused. My boiler is on the blink and an African American girl has just turned up to fix it.

Should I tell her to leave because she's female or black?

If we get a fine I'd like to see him taken out of his face.

Gotta have a scapegoat.

It's all tactics though, they're not going to do anything. They just want more money the greedy cunts.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=43645.msg1261408#msg1261408 date=1295900217]
I'm a bit confused. My boiler is on the blink and an African American girl has just turned up to fix it.

Should I tell her to leave because she's female or black?
[/quote]

If she's a lesbian muslim with Athsma to boot, you could just about bring the whole equal opportunities board to a standstill with one simple 'get the fuck away from my boiler'.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1261409#msg1261409 date=1295900246]

Gotta have a scapegoat.
[/quote]Hes vying with poulsen and konchesky for shittest signing of the season.
Hes more interested in looking like an asset from a bourne movie than ACTUALLY signing players.

Ajax want 'respectful' Luis Suarez bid

Suarez has scored seven league goals this season for Ajax

by John Sinnott

Dutch club Ajax have told Liverpool to come up with a "respectful" offer for their Uruguay striker Luis Suarez.

Liverpool have made a £12.7m bid for the 23-year-old and the Reds' director of football strategy Damien Comolli travelled to Amsterdam on Monday.

"We'll have to wait for them to come back with something more respectful," an Ajax spokesman told BBC Sport.

"We want to keep him - at least until the end of the season and preferably for the rest of his contract."

Clubs usually have to pay a premium to sign players during the January transfer window - Bosnia striker Edin Dzeko reportedly cost Manchester City £27m earlier this month - and Ajax suggested Liverpool would have to do so as well if they wanted Suarez.

"If you compare the 15m euros [£12.7m] Liverpool want to pay for Suarez with other transfers you can imagine that it's far too low for us.

"Luis is our top goalscorer for the last three years and also the man with by far the most assists as well.

"He was one of the big guys for Uruguay in helping them come third in the World Cup in the summer and he still has a contract with us for two-and-a-half years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9372479.stm

£12 million ??? Confused.

Ha, so comolli's flown over to hit them with a £12.7m bid... Oh dear.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261414#msg1261414 date=1295900487]
[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1261409#msg1261409 date=1295900246]

Gotta have a scapegoat.
[/quote]Hes vying with poulsen and konchesky for shittest signing of the season.
Hes more interested in looking like an asset from a bourne movie than ACTUALLY signing players.
[/quote]

The cunt !!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=43645.msg1261417#msg1261417 date=1295901105]
Ha, so comolli's flown over to hit them with a £12.7m bid... Oh dear.
[/quote]

Shits embarrassing!

Lowballing everyone when we know Suarez is worth more than £12 million, surely Comolli knows that whats the point in bidding if we are going to take the piss!

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261414#msg1261414 date=1295900487]Hes vying with poulsen and konchesky for shittest signing of the season.
[/quote]

Hahaha

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261416#msg1261416 date=1295901056]
£12 million ??? Confused.
[/quote]

Probably €15m.
A tad on the low side I suppose.
No point in starting with your highest offer though.

£12m? Has he spent all weekend with Derren Brown and Paul McKenna and thinks he can mindfuck them into it?

...actually, there's a point. How much do we pay this twat? Why not just hire Derren Brown and Paul McKenna?

12.7 million!

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=43645.msg1261428#msg1261428 date=1295901454]
£12m

Ha ha
[/quote]

Plus what Babels worth. So £12.1 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom