• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trend of signing players who play well against us doesn't seem to be going away.

On a side note, would it not be cheaper long term to just sign the Southampton scouting setup?

The precedent for that isn't great unfortunately. We did sign their one-time youth supremo Malcolm Elias. He's now failing to pull up trees at Fulham.

Looks like if Ante Coric leaves, it won't be for us. Seems Guardiola is very keen to take him to City.

"I heard that Manchester City and Guardiola want me. Let them mention my name in the future too!"

"There's some truth in that, but I'm not going to analyse it too much right now."

Tottenham set to sign Croatian playmaker Ante Coric for €4m [TMW]

Our trend of signing players who play well against us doesn't seem to be going away.

On a side note, would it not be cheaper long term to just sign the Southampton scouting setup?
No, because they don't just sit around and twiddle their thumbs at Southampton, they develop into the players they are.

That
Ha ha.. I am not that bothered to be honest, I can understand why he wants to go there secure his pension etc., but from a football perspective I find it quite uninteresting.

*Just checked my internet history today and over the past few hours I've only been searching for 'great tits'.

260px-Parus_palustris02.jpg

Love birds.
That's not a Great Tit .. it's a Marsh Tit I believe.

#LFC are eyeing a summer move for Valenciennes full-back Angelo Fulgini. He's 19. From France Football

According to the Mirror, Galatasaray want Balotelli. They sold Burak Yilmaz to some Chinese club.
Maybe we can get something for him...

François David ‎@bcnFD
Jorge Costa, coach du Gabon: "Aubameyang a demandé à ne pas être sélectionné car il est en train de changer de clubs".

Basically, Aubameyang is moving clubs - asked not to be selected (Source: Gabon coach via Francois David)

Does that mean Benzema will finally end up at Arsenal? Hope not. He's really good.

Aubameyang to City / Utd / Chelsea then, if not Real.

Chelsea will either get Benzema or Higuain in the summer for sure

Could be both Lewandowski and Aubameyang to Madrid with both Ronaldo and Benzema out the door. Unlikely though.

Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolò Schira has revealed on Twitter that Nainggolan has declined offers from Chelsea in recent days.

The Belgian midfielder would prefer to remain at Roma, who will be playing Champions League football next season, unlike Chelsea.

However, Schira also reveals that if Nainggolan does leave Roma this summer, his preference is Manchester United.

101gg thinking out loud: Of course, Manchester United will not be playing Champions League football in 2016/2017 either, so perhaps Nainggolan would prefer to work with Jose Mourinho.

Aubamayang will go to Spain not England.

He has said many times he has no interest in playing in England.

According to Bild Gladbach are looking to break their own transfer fee record (and the bank) for Chelsea-owned central defender/defensive midfielder Andreas Christensen.

£17M being the quoted figure - my guess is Chelsea will be looking for more for if they are interested in selling at all.

Break the bank? Hardly when they've just sold Xhaka for twice as much as your quoted figure.

Its a win win for Gladbach, they can try and secure a deal or they get another year from the loan anyway.

Break the bank? Hardly when they've just sold Xhaka for twice as much as your quoted figure.

Its a win win for Gladbach, they can try and secure a deal or they get another year from the loan anyway.
Knowing that their current transfer fee record for a player (Luuk de Jong) is around £10M is think it's fair - in relative terms - to say that they would have to break the bank for him regardless of sales.

PS I've read £25M as the quoted figure for Xhaka but you believe it's close to £35M? How's that?

Agree about the win-win for Gladbach short-term, but I can also understand why they try to get his signature - another season like the one he had and he'd be close to £30M and out of reach.

Knowing that their current transfer fee record for a player (Luuk de Jong) is around £10M is think it's fair - in relative terms - to say that they would have to break the bank for him regardless of sales.

PS I've read £25M as the quoted figure for Xhaka but you believe it's close to £35M? How's that?

Agree about the win-win for Gladbach short-term, but I can also understand why they try to get his signature - another season like the one he had and he'd be close to £30M and out of reach.
English press report 25m upfront with a further 10m in add ons.

Terminology my friend in regards to breaking the bank. I read it as spending more than they can afford at that time.

Buy a left back, a winger and striker first and foremost. A central midfielder and central defender if we have any leftovers.

Ship out fannies like Benteke, Lallana and Moreno pronto. All 3 Brazilians can fuck off if a good offer comes in. Skrtel, Sahko, Ibe and Henderson should also be on this list.

Buy a left back, a winger and striker first and foremost. A central midfielder and central defender if we have any leftovers.

Ship out fannies like Benteke, Lallana and Moreno pronto. All 3 Brazilians can fuck off if a good offer comes in. Skrtel, Sahko, Ibe and Henderson should also be on this list.

Thank fuck you haven't got anything to do with our recruiting.
Happy to sell Lallana who works perfect with Klopps philosophy? Firmino and Coutinho can leave too?

Thank fuck you haven't got anything to do with our recruiting.
Happy to sell Lallana who works perfect with Klopps philosophy? Firmino and Coutinho can leave too?

Why don't you find a reason why we are 8th if you deem these guys as world beaters that we cannot dispense of? FYI Manure is 5th and they are supposedly shit. Look at their squad, Rashford, Mata or whoever fuck they have. Maybe these non marks are better than what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom