• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sunderland (a) - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
This loss, to me, is on Klopp. To play the same exact team was a mistake - there should have been some rotation. Lucas (yes Lucas) should have started in the middle, and for If Studge was going to start, then Firmino should have been benched with Origi on the left flank. Poor form, and the subs - as I will get to - were poor.

Mign - 8 - some really good saves today. Let's hope he keeps that form up.

Clyne - 7.5 - I thought he did very well overall.

Lovren - 7 - I feel like he wasn't great but I cannot remember him doing anything wrong.

Klavan - 5.5 - losses a point for a stupid penalty ... We were on top, and he gifted them confidence and belief.

Milner - 7 - he was having a solid game -> why was he taken off?

Can - 5 - poor. I've said a few times I think he's a bit thick, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of trying to get a 20-40 million payday from Wolfsburg or Leipzig ... Is he better than Hendo-Lallana-Gini? Nope, don't see it.

Lallana - 7 - solid game, struggled to impose himself on the game.

Gini - 6 - seemed off the pace. Tired?

Firmino - 4 - what really infuriated me today was a few shots he took when he had teammates in far better positions. Selfish. Needs a break.

Studge - 6 - nice goal, but he's too static ... If only he tried to stay more in the box, but he constantly looks for the ball outside of the box which takes him away from where he can do the most damage.

Mane - 6 - I thought he'd won it after another average game. That handball was dreadful and stupid. Cost us 2 points.

Subs:

Moreno - 4 - Maybe I shouldn't rate him, but his set pieces are dreadful and I just don't have any faith he'll do the right thing ... I'd rather put TAA as a LB ... At least we can blame his mistakes on inexperience.

origi - 6 - caused them problems, but why on for Gini? That weakened our midfield presence ... This should have been Lucas for Gini.

Lucas - 6 - should have been on sooner to try and calm the game and control possession more.

That fucking ex-blueshite/manc manager has hurt us with this result. Spurs need to help us out - I'd rather a draw if I'm honest (don't want to give them too much confidence). Team was tired but really should have won today - let's hope these 2 points don't come back to haunt us.

The points tally over Xmas is pretty impressive and hard to argue against. Its a case of one too many games with our paper thin squad.

Hopefully some signings in January to refresh the squad otherwise, it will be a tough second half of the season

Last edited:
7 from 9 you can't argue with really given the context of the two games in 3 days aswell, if we'd drawn with city and won today we'd be more upbeat maybe but its still only 4 points. Downbeat because the standard being set right now means every game is must win which isn't sustainable.

Difficult game but we made stupid errors and handed the point to them. Mane is a big miss from now and if Sturridge is crocked again we really need to spend asap.

7 from 9 you can't argue with really given the context of the two games in 3 days aswell, if we'd drawn with city and won today we'd be more upbeat maybe but its still only 4 points. Downbeat because the standard being set right now means every game is must win which isn't sustainable.

Difficult game but we made stupid errors and handed the point to them. Mane is a big miss from now and if Sturridge is crocked again we really need to spend asap.

Yup, feels like two points dropped and you can see the squad is pretty thin as it is, we need some more attacking optikns with pace to cover the loss of Mane and maybe even a central midfielder as I think we look a little light there as well when Hendo is out

Fuck the 7 out of 9 shit - we should've won this comfortably and it's 2 bad points dropped against a shit side. Again.

To surrender a lead twice by giving away 2 pens like that (should've been 3 as well) is unforgivable when you've worked so hard to get in a great position.

You're quickly becoming a great poster. Keep it up man. Here's a picture to reward you. The Pillars Of Creation. Cool isn't it?! Well I like it anyway. Nothing like a picture from Hubble to break the meloncholy of some lost points.

heic1501a.jpg

Last edited:
Below par from both Klopp and the players. Our 5th game in 19 days, 2nd in 43 hours but we've won 13 of 15 points.

It feels like shite losing 2 points but it looked a bit likely given the circumstances.
Replays show that there werent any contact from Can or Lucas for the foul outside the box, and that makes it even worse.

Subs were poor from Klopp but it reflects whats on the bench aswell. Need some signings in January, and pray that Coutinho and Matip are back soon.

You're quickly becoming a great poster. Keep it up man. Here's picture to reward you. The Pillars Of Creation. Cool isn't it?! Well I like it anyway. Nothing like a picture from Hubble to break the meloncholy of some lost points.

heic1501a.jpg

Haha, erm, thanks, I think!

Yup, feels like two points dropped and you can see the squad is pretty thin as it is, we need some more attacking optikns with pace to cover the loss of Mane and maybe even a central midfielder as I think we look a little light there as well when Hendo is out

Definitely. We really need to spend if we have real aspirations of winning this thing. Chelsea's strength in depth is annoying, we just don't have that quality in reserve

Disappointing but really just a reflection of how high our expectations have gotten. Everyone drops points every now and again.

And to lose it to a stupid handball as well shows how infrequently we shoot ourselves in the foot in this new era.

Down but not out. We've only just begun.

Yup, I don't think we need vast numbers coming in this Jan window just one or two to build on what we've got for this season and reassess in the Summer based on where we finish (hopefully top 4). The positive we have is players that have the right mindset I.e. Not all about cash will surely fancy playing for Klopp plus the extra incentive of likely CL football next seaosn.

You're quickly becoming a great poster. Keep it up man. Here's picture to reward you. The Pillars Of Creation. Cool isn't it?! Well I like it anyway. Nothing like a picture from Hubble to break the meloncholy of some lost points.

heic1501a.jpg

What's the story behind this pic mate?

Oh and don't be scaring off new posters with your 4th dimensional thinking.

Of course it's a bad result but thought we did ok overall, unfortunately all that matters in the win especially when the teams around you are winning 5 6 7 games on the bounce.

When the fuck is Matip & Coutinho back.

I'm not sure how Lucas gets a 6. He came on and did exactly what everyone's big criticism of him is, brought a player down in a dangerous area, in a gilt edged game, late on. It invited pressure and they got the equaliser moments later. You don't make the tackle there when you're stretching to get the challenge in, as the player is going away from you. You hold the player up, there was another Liverpool player next to him to block the run, there was no reason to be so last ditch and rash. As per, we ended up defending a freekick and trying to clear our lines, which we unsurprisingly didn't do.

It was a moment of madness by Mane too, so he far from gets off lightly either. But a 6? Come on. A 6 means he was brought on to do a job and see out the game for us, he didn't do that, he cost us.

What's the story behind this pic mate?

Oh and don't be scaring off new posters with your 4th dimensional thinking.
Haha! I was delibrately going off topic to try and put a smile on an otherwise shitty result.

To answer your question mate. The Pillars Photo was taken in 1995 and is about 7,000 light years away (which is actually fuck all considering the depth of the universe). It's basically a star making nebula. All gas and dust that gets whipped up over squillions of years and forms stars, solar systems, planets and moons etc. The Hershal Telescope took a great pic recently but I couldn't be arsed to find it. ;)

The Pillars Photo was taken in 1995 and is about 7,000 light years away (which is actually fuck all considering the depth of the universe).

But it is quite a long distance considering that we are seeing the Pillars as they were when we were in the Stone Age!

Still lying about staring into space. I genuinely wish I never got into footie sometimes. Really deflated after that.

I didn't see any of it apart from Mane's goal...

I had to suffer a jinxy mate of mine letting me know (with great joy) that we had thrown away the points.

In truth although I am disappointed I am certainly not throwing in the towel, Chelsea have been on a fucking ludicrous run and are still only 5 points up away from us, today yet again we missed 3 of our best players... we are hardly rolling in good luck...

Anyway I would much rather we beat Everton and City and dropped 2 against Sunderland than swap them results around.

It isn't pleasant having to wish for a Spurs win but....

In my opinion we have been the best team in the league this season... and it's only half way done.... Spurs are one of those teams who always let you down when you want them to win but... win or lose Chelsea will not win every remaining fucking game.

Still lying about staring into space. I genuinely wish I never got into footie sometimes. Really deflated after that.

The better we are and the more success we have, the worse it feels when we drop points. Its like that for me at least.
Expectations get higher and higher and every set back feels like crap.
When you're 8th and shite it doesnt get to you in the same way.

I'm not sure how Lucas gets a 6. He came on and did exactly what everyone's big criticism of him is, brought a player down in a dangerous area, in a gilt edged game, late on. It invited pressure and they got the equaliser moments later. You don't make the tackle there when you're stretching to get the challenge in, as the player is going away from you. You hold the player up, there was another Liverpool player next to him to block the run, there was no reason to be so last ditch and rash. As per, we ended up defending a freekick and trying to clear our lines, which we unsurprisingly didn't do.

It was a moment of madness by Mane too, so he far from gets off lightly either. But a 6? Come on. A 6 means he was brought on to do a job and see out the game for us, he didn't do that, he cost us.

Fucking exactly this.

I pray to God the fucking cunt fucks off.

The first player I actually hate.

I don't hate Lucas, but I fucking hate the way he thinks it's such a fucking laugh and one big joke, every time he does it. I wish one of his team mates would bollock him and wipe the stupid fucking grin off his face.
I think Klopp will be doing that in the dressing room...and who better so.

That picture is amazing! I thought it was fake. Can anyone else see the wolves and lions?
Interesting bit of Rorschach there. I don't see wolves. I do see a leaping fawn and a beady eye staring at me........ I wonder what @Woland sees? Or anyone for that matter....... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom