• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sunderland (a) - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can's handball was a penalty all day. Don't care what you say. And it wasn't his only handball during the game either. Can'dball if you will.
But it doesn't matter since it wasn't given. Even with all the possession stats, and shot stats etc., I feel that Sunderland deserved something from that game and that's what totally infuriates me. The fact that we let the shittest team in the PL "deserve" something.

They were 3 pens, no question. Put the rule book away, only gets brought out when we are hard done to. Can you imagine the meltdown if we didn't get those 3 pens.

Penalty for purposely chipping the ball towards someone's stationary arm from a couple of feet away?? no way. Those should never be given... its sneaky as fuck and shouldn't be rewarded or encouraged

If you had of told me in June, we'd be second in the league at Xmas and heading for a CL spot if we continued our current form, I'd have been over the moon.

The fact we're looking @ the title and not the CL as our goal says so much.

I love the fact we don't have to talk about the financial chasm between ourselves and the City/Chelsea/Utd/Spurs/Arsenal mafia as an excuse any more, because we have a manager that equalizes the gap. They all want him as their manager too! It's so brilliant!

Finally, we have something to be genuinely cheerful about. Yes we need trophies, but they are on their way. We can all feel it.

And he's doing this with a team made up of 85% of someone else's players. They're not even his own (Maureen, Pep are using the "not my players" excuse in it's variations).

Can you imagine how we will do when he's got his players?

I know it suits people's need to find a scapegoat, but the Lucas reaction is fucking absurd.

It wasn't even a free-kick.

And even then, why isn't there more heat on the two fucking idiotic decisions to give away penalties? What was Klavan's lazy fucking leg dangle about? And why's Mane throwing his arm at it?

We played shit, and got the result we deserved after giving them two needless penalties like that. Who gives a fuck about a fucking free-kick.

I know it suits people's need to find a scapegoat, but the Lucas reaction is fucking absurd.

And even then, why isn't there more heat on the two fucking idiotic decisions to give away penalties? What was Klavan's lazy fucking leg dangle about? And why's Mane throwing his arm at it?

We played shit, and got the result we deserved after giving them two needless penalties like that. Who gives a fuck about a fucking free-kick.

Couldn't agree more.

That Chelsea (finally) lost to Spurs makes this result all the more frustrating.

I believe they may be acting irrationally after a disappointment. Just a theory.

Y'know what? If someone told be we were gonna get 10 points out of 12 from Everton, Stoke, City and Sunderland before we played them I would have been happy with that. Fuck it. We're still in a good position. Chelsea will slip up again.

Y'know what? If someone told be we were gonna get 10 points out of 12 from Everton, Stoke, City and Sunderland before we played them I would have been happy with that. Fuck it. We're still in a good position. Chelsea will slip up again.

We all would have taken that. Now the aura of invincibility Chelsea have been cultivating has been popped the league is wide open.

Its our turn to go on a 13 match winning streak. We'll probably win the league if we do.

Penalty for purposely chipping the ball towards someone's stationary arm from a couple of feet away?? no way. Those should never be given... its sneaky as fuck and shouldn't be rewarded or encouraged
Suarez got a ton of penalties for us by doing just that didn't he?

Not that I remember. Diving was more his thing (when he wasn't just tearing defences a new one on sheer ability), though he was no worse than a hundred others in that respect.

I don't think Suarez dived. Every time he went down he had been genuinely fouled.

The problem was in Suarez' nature. He had to go down in a theatrical way which made it look as if he had dived.

I don't think Suarez dived. Every time he went down he had been genuinely fouled.

The problem was in Suarez' nature. He had to go down in a theatrical way which made it look as if he had dived.

I think this is the case with most dives if I'm honest. Most of them are cases of players being impeded if not outright fouled, and they fall to the floor as that's the only way they'll get a free-kick. Which is mostly warranted. Not many happen like this:

I like Lampard. Ronaldo is a massive cunt, though.

Not that I remember. Diving was more his thing (when he wasn't just tearing defences a new one on sheer ability), though he was no worse than a hundred others in that respect.

He was kicked around various penalty areas without getting anything for a few Seasons.

A ton might be stretching it but he definitely used to do it, getting penalties on certain occasions while the referee wouldn't give it on others.
It was a really clever way of cutting back inside. If it hits the hand, a likely penalty. If not, a clear site on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom