• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sunderland (a) - post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're quickly becoming a great poster. Keep it up man. Here's a picture to reward you. The Pillars Of Creation. Cool isn't it?! Well I like it anyway. Nothing like a picture from Hubble to break the meloncholy of some lost points.

heic1501a.jpg
Is it the Orion Nebula ?

Is it the Orion Nebula ?
No mate - There is a star 'nursery' a little south of Orions belt (the middle of the sword I think) that is astonishing actually. The Pillars of Creation is actually in the Cassiopia cluster.

Anyway, one positive I took from the game was that Mignolet was brilliant. Didn't put a foot wrong. He was decisive, commanding and good with his distribution.

He was very good, again. Thats a big positive for the rest of the season if he keeps this up.

I don't hate Lucas, but I fucking hate the way he thinks it's such a fucking laugh and one big joke, every time he does it. I wish one of his team mates would bollock him and wipe the stupid fucking grin off his face.

He didn't touch him though. Defoe fell

Some crazy reactions on here to say the least.

Disappointing to drop 2 pts but I would say that was one of our most even games this season.

We had a lot of the ball. Ur rarely cut them open.

Most of our attempts were pop shots from distance(Studge especially and Firminio)

They wanted it more than us, the crowd was up for it and they defended well.

They also deserve credit for fighting back twice.

Crazy handball by Mane as I think it would have been an easy save for Ming at that height on that side.

But that's football. I always feared we'd drop points in this game as our style means our players will be more exhausted than most.

This season is still all about top 4 with anything better a bonus.

Nothing is won after 20 games.

While talk of winning the league is silly, talk of being out of it when we are 2nd is equally as stupid.

I always thought we would know a lot more after Jan with the tough fixtures both ourselves and Chelsea have.

We could easily be top or 6th by Feb 1st.

So until then I'm not gonna worry about it and just enjoy the fact we are playing great football that's been good enough to beat the vast majority of teams.

Anyway, one positive I took from the game was that Mignolet was brilliant. Didn't put a foot wrong. He was decisive, commanding and good with his distribution.
Best keeper performance of the season.

Although I would have gone same side for the peno

No mate - There is a star 'nursery' a little south of Orions belt (the middle of the sword I think) that is astonishing actually. The Pillars of Creation is actually in the Cassiopia cluster.
Thanks for that. I have seen the image before - could not remember. Anyway - did you see Venus out tonight from where you live - just after the game had to go and have a ciggy and saw it just below the moon (had to check it out on the Internet - as it was the only glowing thing out there with a little bit of Mars on top apparently). Anyway the glow made me forget about the game for a second.

That was really frustrating..

Can is so sloppy, slow and thick sometimes. He needs to sit down and watch hours of footage if he is ever going to play that role again.

He seemed to stroll around, rarely giving our defenders the outlet pass that Hendersons been doing so well. At times it actually looked like he was trying to avoid the pass by moving behind the opposition, effectively marking himself out of the equation.

When he did receive the ball he was so fucking slow to move it on, his passing was incredibly short sighed, often playing his team mates into trouble, giving them limited options.

The best players make the simple things look effortless, each pass providing their team mates with multiple options, essentially dictating the next pass or movement. Can's passes were slow, heavy and poorly placed, resulting in loss of possession or unnecessary pressure.

The movement in front of him wasn't great but he was awful .

Can just isn't very good and the sooner people realise it the better. Don't know what the fuss is all about.

Last edited:
Can is strong running forward with the ball, but it's what he does with it that's the problem. He isn't subtle enough to join in the clever interplay of our forwards.

Depressed. We can beat top and mid table teams but had struggled against the bottom 3 this season. Sad.

Joe Allen but he would have been a better backup for the position Henderson has been filling than anyone in the squad currently. Shame he has gone

I think I'd rather klopp fielded a heavily changed / 2nd choice team and perhaps even lost than this. It feels like a loss anyway and we've pushed another 90 minutes on the first XI, plus we'd be able to fully deflect the negativity on to the fixtures.

Can is obviously incredibly talented but needs a lot of work.

Oddly, He can make the hard look easy but easy look incredibly hard. I don't like him in that deeper play maker role as he is far too casual with & without the ball.

I'd probably prefer to see him pushed further forward when we are holding onto a lead. He can defend from the front, hold the ball up and win free kicks with his little tricks and immense strength. Most importantly, we wouldn't have to worry about him getting dragged out of position, leaving massive holes in midfield.

Can is frustrating but there's a player in there somewhere, plus he's young and has loads of attributes you'd want in a top midfielder.

Lucas on the other hand... I hate the little fucking cunt. I want to shit in Klopp's mouth for bringing the retard on.

Can is frustrating but there's a player in there somewhere, plus he's young and has loads of attributes you'd want in a top midfielder.

Lucas on the other hand... I hate the little fucking cunt. I want to shit in Klopp's mouth for bringing the retard on.

Might be a player in their somewhere and he's young etc but this is his third season with us and the same weaknesses in his game are there for all to see.

Ponderous on the ball, wayward touches/passes, not being aware of what's around him.

I can see why people rate him, he can occasionally look like a rolls royce but have to say I've rarely been impressed with him. I think he's way overhyped amongst a lot of Liverpool fans.

Last edited:
In the game I have come to the conclusion that ONLY Adam Lallana, Milner, and Henderson release the ball at the right time. All of the rest to a man like to hold onto it for too long and the opportunities are lost.

Yeah I'm not really arguing with you. He hasn't improved in the way I'd have hoped, he's not good enough to hold down a starting place. I suppose he just has enough about him that you think it could all just click at some point. Probs won't.

Lucas though. That cunt has been here for ten fucking awful years and he's been shite in all of them. OK he may have been slightly less shite now and again and sometimes possibly even average, but that cunt can seriously get to fuck now. He's a recurring nightmare. I hope he's currently choking to death in his sleep.

Yeah there's really no excuses for them daft and needless free kicks he gives away. Did the same when Lovren smashed that header in against Dortmund...literally the last kick of the game. Can see why that shit infuriates people. A player of his experience as well...it's really poor.

I was suprised at the free kick, it was quite soft and the ref had let a lot go throughout the game. Still... Lucas should know better. That tackling technique often results in free kicks, even if slight contact is made with the ball.

That hand ball though... fucking daft and should never have happened. What was Mane thinking? ?

The commentators on that Can handball had be yelling at the TV. Apparently, 99 times out of a hundred that's called a penalty.. what!!! A player purposely flicking the ball up like that at someone's arm should never be a penalty, unless of course the player tries to block it or moves his arm towards the ball. The players are more than capable of aiming for arms in those situations. If you start giving them regularly we'll start seeing more and more players aiming at stationary arms. It would be another shitty stain on the game like diving and shirt pulling.

To be fair to Lucas in the context of the game that was never ever a foul, just like the first pen was a dive, no question. It looked a dive at the time and slow mo it down and both feet are off the ground before he brushes Klaven.
Added to the two pens we were denied against West Ham I don't think it's unfair to say refs have robbed us of 5 points recently.

Reports today about us rejecting offers for Kevin Stewart and how "Klopp views Stewart as a reliable back-up to captain Jordan Henderson in the holding midfield role", "turned down a bid of £6million for Stewart last summer" and "now valued by the club around the £10million to £12million mark".

Slightly contradicting given how he was not given a chance yesterday?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/kevin-stewart-not-sale-liverpool-12398189

The commentators on that Can handball had be yelling at the TV. Apparently, 99 times out of a hundred that's called a penalty.. what!!! A player purposely flicking the ball up like that at someone's arm should never be a penalty, unless of course the player tries to block it or moves his arm towards the ball. The players are more than capable of aiming for arms in those situations. If you start giving them regularly we'll start seeing more and more players aiming at stationary arms. It would be another shitty stain on the game like diving and shirt pulling.

Nah mate. You're wrong. That was 100% a penalty. If that had not been given to us, I would have thrown a conniption.

Below par from both Klopp and the players. Our 5th game in 19 days, 2nd in 43 hours but we've won 13 of 15 points.

Replays show that there werent any contact from Can or Lucas for the foul outside the box,

Does anyone have a vid of that foul Klopp has said two or three times It wasn't a foul. Yet everyone is screaming for Lucas's blood Is he innocent?

Was the first pen a dive? It looked like it to me, he just kicked the ball through a small gap ran into klavan and died.

Why is a referee born 10 miles from OT given any match with Liverpool?

Nah, think its doubtful at best if its a pen. He's only a yard or so from him and hits it with pace at his arm. More the ball seeking the hand than the other way around.

The other two were deffo pens.
Mane said he was pushed but I doubt any ref would have given us a free kick there.

Yeah there's really no excuses for them daft and needless free kicks he gives away. Did the same when Lovren smashed that header in against Dortmund...literally the last kick of the game. Can see why that shit infuriates people. A player of his experience as well...it's really poor.

The biggest criticism of him in Germany was that he had alot of talent, but he was indecisive and prone to switching off, similar if you like to Glen Johnson, but in a different role. He can occasionally look like a world beater, but all too often like a big dope who's completely out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom