• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best coaches in the world… step forward Ange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These lists are a joke.

Did you see the Best Keeper one - Onana & Ederson are on it, Alisson is not.

This is the shortlist
Pep Guardiola Simone Inzaghi Ange Postecoglou Luciano Spalletti Xavi

Pep will be the deserved winner
Simone should be the runner-up (he has won the domestic league and got to a CL final)
Spalletti (won the league did shit in Europe)
Xavi (as above)
Ange (shouldn't be on the list)

Ange Postufietkrlvcoednobbyloglu has done absolutely fuck all, was Brendan Rodgers on the list the year he won the treble in that unbeaten season?

Why isn't Scaloni on that list?

Maybe just maybe he’s actually a very good fucking coach and some on here wrote him off too early?

Manager of the month now too.
Oh woopty do, even Rodgers managed to win a few of those.

Actually would you like a list of managers who have won that shit?

Maybe just maybe he’s actually a very good fucking coach and some on here wrote him off too early?

Or they were just fighting the idea he'd actually done anything meaningful thus far in this managerial career? & still hasn't.

Manager of the month now too.

At the end of the day, he took a hard position for a chronically under-performing team ("It's Spurs").
We'll see how they do once they get into a tougher part of their schedule, as their start - as per TAW - was among the easiest in the premier league.

Spurs haven't faced anyone of note yet. They look much improved, but tbh i feel most coaches could improve them after the weight of kane was lifted.

Its a free pass , as no one expects anything

I get that Dreamy can be annoyingly OTT at times but fair play re: Ange. I don't know anything about the guy but you can't be all "but but but but"... credit where credit is due.

I hope he fails horribly because, well, it's Spurs, but thus far the guy seems to be living up to the hype (Dreamys that is).

I get that Dreamy can be annoyingly OTT at times but fair play re: Ange. I don't know anything about the guy but you can't be all "but but but but"... credit where credit is due.

I hope he fails horribly because, well, it's Spurs, but thus far the guy seems to be living up to the hype (Dreamys that is).

The is - he isn’t a bad coach, he’s decent enough - it’s just Dreamie calling him “great” and bringing him up every time Spurs don’t lose that naked you want to pick your screen.

He’s at the same level as a Rodgers, on a good day.

Spurs haven't faced anyone of note yet. They look much improved, but tbh i feel most coaches could improve them after the weight of kane was lifted.

Its a free pass , as no one expects anything
I guess it depends what you define as anyone of note.
He might still get sacked by Xmas but it’s been a very strong start.

I don't get the strong feelings about this guy either way. Seems like a very random decent manager who isn't a total cunt and won't win anything anyway so why the love/hate thing?

Pat, I get why you like Ange and want to see him do well. He was ace at Celtic and has had a good start at Spurs. But he's not top level. I could coach Spurs and pick a better team for them than Conte and Maureen were doing. Some clubs always look like "why don't you do this, it's obvious", Spurs was one. And Ange has done it, credit to him. But they'll turn on him eventually.

I don't get the strong feelings about this guy either way. Seems like a very random decent manager who isn't a total cunt and won't win anything anyway so why the love/hate thing?

I’m not sure anyone hates him - he’s just not achieved anything in the game that warrants being called “a great manager” and neither does a decent start to his Spurs career.

A more accurate descriptor would be “not as shite as everyone first assumed”.

He’s no Sam Alladyce. That’s the level he has to achieve to top the list

Pat, I get why you like Ange and want to see him do well. He was ace at Celtic and has had a good start at Spurs. But he's not top level. I could coach Spurs and pick a better team for them than Conte and Maureen were doing. Some clubs always look like "why don't you do this, it's obvious", Spurs was one. And Ange has done it, credit to him. But they'll turn on him eventually.
Don’t be fucking absurd. It’s laughable when anyone who has never coached even remotely close to the highest level could do a better job than two of the most successful managers in modern era.
That being said, of course every managed, even Klopp, has a shelf life. But considering people thought he wouldn’t last at Celtic and he’d he be a disaster at Spurs, I think he’s proving to be a very capable manager at this level.
Time will tell what his ceiling is, but anyone who cared to look a little closer at him would have seen he had all the ingredients to be a top top coach.

He's just another Roy Hodgson.

A proper journeyman who cut his teeth in many different leagues.. before managing mid table premier league club(s)

James Maddison is also one of the best players in the world.

I always liked him, but given our history of injuries in the Klopp era - I always felt like he would break down under Klopp more often. Someone recently on one of the channels I listen to said that in fact his injury record (number of games he missed) was not that bad, maybe when I tuned in and listened to the line-ups at Leicester he was more often out of the team through injury at that time. Of all the forward players England have - I think he is the fastest creative player available, and has a deadly shot outside the box. England should get him in the team whenever possible.

Maddison is a fanny.

It won’t be long before his full pelt is on view again.

I think even I could manage Celtic and boast an unbeaten home record in the league.......that's not an achievement.

What did he do when he came up against teams in Europe? He got his pants pulled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom