• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best coaches in the world… step forward Ange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even I could manage Celtic and boast an unbeaten home record in the league.......that's not an achievement.

What did he do when he came up against teams in Europe? He got his pants pulled down.
I think you have an overinflated view of what you could do in management.

I think you have an overinflated view of what you could do in management.
Nah, not when it comes to managing Celtic in the SPL.....I also happen to share the same view you and your dog could do that very job.

Maybe you're the only over inflating the magnitude of the task to manage a side like Celtic......

Nah, not when it comes to managing Celtic in the SPL.....I also happen to share the same view you and your dog could do that very job.

Maybe you're the only over inflating the magnitude of the task to manage a side like Celtic......
Perhaps, but he just didn’t stay unbeaten at home, he won everything multiple times.

Perhaps, but he just didn’t stay unbeaten at home, he won everything multiple times.

Yes that is true but we've been through this already...

Rodgers won the treble back to back in 2016 and 2018.
Lennon won the double in 2018 and the treble in 2019.

Yes that is true but we've been through this already...

Rodgers won the treble back to back in 2016 and 2018.
Lennon won the double in 2018 and the treble in 2019.
Neither Rodgers nor Lennon inherited a side who had lost the title. Not comparable.

Neither Rodgers nor Lennon inherited a side who had lost the title. Not comparable.
It's very comparable, you're just looking for trivia details.

Rodgers and Lennon also never got the half as much to spend in the windows that Ange got....

In the end it doesn't matter because however which way you wanna dress it up, winning everything with Celtic domestically is and will always be a nothing achievement.....what Stevie did to win it with Rangers was far more impressive.

Stevie, Rodgers and Lennon all failed when they managed in England.

Ange Postecoglou on Liverpool:
“I would read everything. I was a massive Liverpool fan, I loved Bill Shankly, I loved the boot room stories.”

“I would read everything. I was a massive Liverpool fan, I loved Bill Shankly, I loved the boot room stories.”

Ange, I’m pretty certain, was managing Melbourne Victory when we played them at the MCG in front of 95,000 in a pre season friendly in 2013.

What a fucking week that was!!!

Ange, I’m pretty certain, was managing Melbourne Victory when we played them at the MCG in front of 95,000 in a pre season friendly in 2013.

The week you released O'Hare from your wardrobe, and locked Dreamie in, instead.

O'Hare never to be heard from ever again.

That's all great 'n all, just stay away from our club. Aussie Brendan Rodgers.

It's very comparable, you're just looking for trivia details.

Rodgers and Lennon also never got the half as much to spend in the windows that Ange got....

In the end it doesn't matter because however which way you wanna dress it up, winning everything with Celtic domestically is and will always be a nothing achievement.....what Stevie did to win it with Rangers was far more impressive.

Stevie, Rodgers and Lennon all failed when they managed in England.
Delusional.

He did. He left for the Australia job soon after.

The week you released O'Hare from your wardrobe, and locked Dreamie in, instead.

O'Hare never to be heard from ever again.
He’s alive, he’s a member at one of the best golf courses in Australia 5 mins from my house where I play half a dozen times a year. Haven’t managed to play with him but he has played with some of mates who are members.

He’s alive, he’s a member at one of the best golf courses in Australia 5 mins from my house where I play half a dozen times a year. Haven’t managed to play with him but he has played with some of mates who are members.
What course is that?

DB - word to the wise -DO NOT ACCEPT AN INVITATION TO PLAY GOLF WITH RYAN.

As laughable as you are, you will be infinitely less appealing with a 7 iron down your throat, emerging your brown eye

As laughable as you are, you will be infinitely less appealing with a 7 iron down your throat, emerging your brown eye
Sounds like you have personally experienced the wrath of Ryan on the golf course.

Ha ha. :D

There is a nice deep waste land area that has plenty of shallow grave opportunities so I’m staying well clear!

Best coaches in the World?

LarryHagman and Binomial have to be up there for their eye-test abilities alone.

After seeing how they celebrated last night I take it all back. Ban Dreamy if he keeps talking about Ange and this cunt of a Spurs team.

After seeing how they celebrated last night I take it all back. Ban Dreamy if he keeps talking about Ange and this cunt of a Spurs team.
Ha ha. I was talking to a Spurs fan today, we are their biggest bogey team. They feel like they’ve won a trophy beating us. Understandable considering how often we beat them and the CL final. All without Kane.

They’ve lived a charmed life so far this season.

It won’t last.

Ange showed his limitations (inexperience) in this game - Spurs and Ange were lost and out of ideas, throwing on all those subs in desperation instead of passing on instructions. I agree with Neville - they should have stretched the pitch not continually plowed through the centre.
In contrast Klopp was brilliant (bar sending on Jota instead of Nunez).

Ange showed his limitations (inexperience) in this game - Spurs and Ange were lost and out of ideas, throwing on all those subs in desperation instead of passing on instructions. I agree with Neville - they should have stretched the pitch not continually plowed through the centre.
In contrast Klopp was brilliant (bar sending on Jota instead of Nunez).
Eh? They continually stretched us out wide and scored from there.

They’ve lived a charmed life so far this season.

It won’t last.

I'm debating with myself if I'm talking through what I saw on the pitch yesterday, or through my huge hatred of the club, but that wasn't a good performance from Spurs. They marched us well for energy in the opening 20mins, but they produced absolutely nothing, we were easily winning that game. When we were down to ten men, they scored one very good goal, but created nothing else (maybe one good save from Ali?), arguably I thought we were still the more dangerous. We went down to nine men they were pathetic, this is easy for a team with patience, play it out wide, move the defence across, play the ball in that space out wide, quickly switch it again to keep moving and tiring out the defence, creating and exploiting the space caused by that movement, however they had no ideas other get the ball out side, then straight away narrow it by running at the defence and / or just crossing it straight into the box, luckily for them we had a huge slice of misfortune with Matip and they, the ref, and the var team, stole the points. Spurs' bubble is going to burst soon, I'm sure of that, they'll finish sixth, no doubts for me. Title contenders my fucking arse.

Eh? They continually stretched us out wide and scored from there.

"stretching the pitch" isn't the same thing as "stretching us out wide" - i.e. where WE WANTED them to play ... one lucky break doesn't mean their strategy worked. We looked more dangerous with NINE MEN than they did in the last 20 minutes of the game ...

I'm debating with myself if I'm talking through what I saw on the pitch yesterday, or through my huge hatred of the club, but that wasn't a good performance from Spurs. They marched us well for energy in the opening 20mins, but they produced absolutely nothing, we were easily winning that game. When we were down to ten men, they scored one very good goal, but created nothing else (maybe one good save from Ali?), arguably I thought we were still the more dangerous. We went down to nine men they were pathetic, this is easy for a team with patience, play it out wide, move the defence across, play the ball in that space out wide, quickly switch it again to keep moving and tiring out the defence, creating and exploiting the space caused by that movement, however they had no ideas other get the ball out side, then straight away narrow it by running at the defence and / or just crossing it straight into the box, luckily for them we had a huge slice of misfortune with Matip and they, the ref, and the var team, stole the points. Spurs' bubble is going to burst soon, I'm sure of that, they'll finish sixth, no doubts for me. Title contenders my fucking arse.
No but ultimately they’ve played 2 of the teams who finished top 4 last season and the best side after City in the league and they are second. Considering where they are at and the fact they lost Kane says they are doing extremely well and I dare say a lot better than most predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom