• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best coaches in the world… step forward Ange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not the 2nd best side in the league, that's fucking nonsense.

Is it because United are shite you need to find some other universally hated side to champion? Or is literally just because there's an Australian as a coach

Eh? They continually stretched us out wide and scored from there.
Nope they continually tried to come through the centre. Don't get confused with the relatively low occasions on which they crossed. If the pundits are saying it then guess what?

I'm debating with myself if I'm talking through what I saw on the pitch yesterday, or through my huge hatred of the club, but that wasn't a good performance from Spurs. They marched us well for energy in the opening 20mins, but they produced absolutely nothing, we were easily winning that game. When we were down to ten men, they scored one very good goal, but created nothing else (maybe one good save from Ali?), arguably I thought we were still the more dangerous. We went down to nine men they were pathetic, this is easy for a team with patience, play it out wide, move the defence across, play the ball in that space out wide, quickly switch it again to keep moving and tiring out the defence, creating and exploiting the space caused by that movement, however they had no ideas other get the ball out side, then straight away narrow it by running at the defence and / or just crossing it straight into the box, luckily for them we had a huge slice of misfortune with Matip and they, the ref, and the var team, stole the points. Spurs' bubble is going to burst soon, I'm sure of that, they'll finish sixth, no doubts for me. Title contenders my fucking arse.
Up to Jones getting sent off : Spurs 1 shot 0 on target. Liverpool 7 shots 2 on target. We were all over them and the first goal seemed to be just a matter of time.

One of my best mates is a spurs fan. He's sending me loads of examples where he believes they have been fucked over by refs against us in the past.

Even went as far back as McMahon vs Gazza..

Hahaha

Is it because United are shite you need to find some other universally hated side to champion? Or is literally just because there's an Australian as a coach
I’ve never hate Spurs. They are a nothing club.

Literally everyone else on earth: Liverpool were robbed

Dreamy: sucks Ange's cheesy cock for no reason other than they both moved to the same continent
I didn’t say we weren’t robbed. Couldn’t care less that he moved from Greece to Australia. He is a very good coach and extremely likeable. That clearly grates many.

One of my best mates is a spurs fan. He's sending me loads of examples where he believes they have been fucked over by refs against us in the past.

Hahaha
Ha ha ya I’ve been getting them none stop, Spurs forums must be full of them :D

I didn’t say we weren’t robbed. Couldn’t care less that he moved from Greece to Australia. He is a very good coach and extremely likeable. That clearly grates many.

I genuinely have no opinion on him. My opinion stems from you heralding him as the second coming of Paisley due to a decent season at Celtic and a few middling performances at weaker leagues.

Genuinely, who creates a thread on a rival manager to praise them? Unless they've shut down Epstein's operation, I don't think there's much call for it

I genuinely have no opinion on him. My opinion stems from you heralding him as the second coming of Paisley due to a decent season at Celtic and a few middling performances at weaker leagues.

Genuinely, who creates a thread on a rival manager to praise them? Unless they've shut down Epstein's operation, I don't think there's much call for it
Nah he’s not at that level but of course ya I defended him when he was appointed at Celtic as I knew of him from his success in Australia and Japan. I was routinely told he wouldn’t last til Xmas at Celtic. He won everything. Got the Spurs job and rinse repeat. He’s doing a terrific job but of course it’s still only Spurs and early days. However considering the mess Spurs were in last season and losing their main man, everyone expected them to struggle and Ange to be an early managerial casualty. I am happy for him as he’s a very likeable manager but of course I wish we battered them 6-0.

And Spurs in the top 5 means it’s less likely utd or Chelsea will be which is all good in my book.

To be honest I'm glad of this topic. I liked the smarmy shitbag before but now I hate the sweaty pedo. Thanks dreamy, normal spurs hating service is resumed.

Hahaha

Yup, Robbo red, offisdes goal in the game Bobby scored the late winner etc etc

First ever manager to win manager of the month in his first two months in the top flight.

Of course anyone could have this Spurs team top of the table. :D

Not involved in European competition, out of League Cup - is actually good/advantageous for him.

First ever manager to win manager of the month in his first two months in the top flight.

Of course anyone could have this Spurs team top of the table. :D
So you want to crow about that when they looked totally impotent against 9 men? We should have kicked the shit out of them, before Jones was sent off it was (Shots) Spurs 1-0 Liverpool 7-2. Had we gone on to win (anyone actually watching the match would have thought that was highly likely) then guess who would have been Manager of the Month (and was still nominated even after that defeat)? The manager of the team you purportedly 'support' (no not Ten Hags). Bet you wouldn't have made a post about that would you?

FAO @Dreambeliever :p

[article]Crucially, he also ripped up every existing power structure in the squad. Of last season’s ‘leadership group’, former captain Hugo Lloris is now a Spurs player in name only; Kane is gone; Eric Dier is yet to play a single minute; and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has been relegated to understudy.[/article]

[article]Though fiercely authentic and no fan of small talk, Postecoglou has added warmth and a human touch to the club, making a point of stopping to greet anyone he passes at the training ground, from academy player to ground-staff.

He initially surprised his new colleagues with a remarkable ability to recall names. He has urged his players to be, above all, good people and emphasised over and over again how fortunate they are to be professional footballers.

Really, this is the basis for Postecoglou’s cultural reset; that everyone should be grateful for where they are, and respect their environment and the people around them accordingly.

The most touching moment of his tenure so far was when Postecoglou picked out a boy from SpursAbility — the club’s disabled supporters’ association — to ask a question at the recent fan forum. Asked about it later, Postecoglou used one of his stock phrases: “Never be proud of doing the right thing”.

Postecoglou often delivers these lessons in morality in his final team meeting before a game — at the Spurs stadium or in the hotel for away matches — in which he typically runs through his tactical instructions, before giving a motivational speech.

It might be on a certain aspect of the game, the need for hard work or perhaps something unrelated to football entirely, like the importance of family.

Postecoglou is such a powerful speaker in full flow, some players find it hard to take their eyes off him. He does not banter with his players, usually saving his lighter side for the media, and has backed up his words with actions, too.

When a senior player spoke disrespectfully to a member of medical staff on pre-season tour, Postecoglou gave him a dressing down in front of the squad.

When Yves Bissouma turned up late for pre-season training, Postecoglou reminded him that it was not what he expected from a potential leader.

Postecoglou is a meticulous time-keeper and has no truck with players who are tardy. But the former Celtic boss ultimately treats his charges like adults.

The players no longer, for example, have to stay at the training ground the night before home games, now arriving at the ground by car instead of coach, because Postecoglou trusts them to prepare properly.

The result of Postecoglou’s changes is a warmer, more respectful, more trusting and altogether more unified club, while the players have quickly developed a deep respect for their manager.
[/article]

[article]When it comes to pressing high up the pitch at all times, one of his non-negotiables, Postecoglou has repeatedly told his players: “If you don’t press and they play long, you’ll have to run back anyway. So pressing high means the same amount of running but you have a chance of winning the ball!”[/article]

[article]Postecoglou is also experimenting in training and has adopted an NFL-style approach to his coaches, who are all younger men to bridge the generation gap with the squad. Wells and Mile Jedinak look after the defensive side, Mason is responsible for attacking and Chris Davies oversees the sessions.

During the week it is not uncommon for the squad to hear relatively little from Postecoglou, who also leaves his staff to lead some meetings so the players do not get bored of the same voice and tends to take a backseat during the sessions.

Unlike his predecessors Mauricio Pochettino or Jose Mourinho, Postecoglou therefore does not dominate the training ground but there is no doubt that he is already the most important person at the club.[/article]

Last edited:
First manager ever to win MOTM three times in a row.
Big test coming up though and showed a lot of naivety with his high line at 9v11.

First manager ever to win MOTM three times in a row.
Big test coming up though and showed a lot of naivety with his high line at 9v10.
Motm awards are pointless and mean jack shit as you know.

There’s no way he had a better September than Emery and that’s just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom