• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The myth of fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098883#msg1098883 date=1272978390]
[quote author=Niall K link=topic=39968.msg1098871#msg1098871 date=1272976977]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098864#msg1098864 date=1272976613]
If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

Anything else you disagree with in the article Neil ?
[/quote]

okay,

first off the article mentions gerrard and carra. imho rafa improved them both so whilst its true he inherited them he also improved them.

the article goes onto to mention hodgson, whilst he is doing a fantastic job there is a sea of difference between guiding a team to premiereship safety and a european cup final (that he hasn't won yet) and turning a team scraping into CL places into champions. different level of expectation and different circumstances when you are playing home and away.
playing away every team sees you as a scalp and playing at home every team wants to park the bus.

the article mentions whinger, what major title has whinger won in FIVE YEARS with that fantastic eye for young talent that he has. I go further by saying rafa has finished above whinger in two of the 6 seasons he has been here, I'll go even further by saying whinger and his fantastic eye for talent have a bigger wage bill than we do so he may buy them for peanuts but he offers them a fortune AND they are based in the capital.

up until this season the central midfield was masher and alonso so where the fuck did murphy's face fit? if we are going to list past players released too early why not go the whole hog and mention beardo. hindsight is 20/20 when murphy was released alonso was on the books when warnock was released riise was on the books.

rafa has wasted money and made mistakes but show me manager that hasn't. want me start listing fergie, whinger and chelsea's piss poor signings. I would say the major difference is those teams have larger wage bill so players would be less reluantant to fuck off unless forced and aren't pressured so sell to buy.

when you read the transfers posted by rafa4pm and when you factor in money aquired from sales and money aquired from reaching the later stages of the CL (down to rafa's expertise, surely?) then liverpool have actually invested very little. well you get for you pay for.
[/quote] Do Arsenal, Fulham and Everton 'get what they pay for'?

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=39968.msg1098897#msg1098897 date=1272979595]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098883#msg1098883 date=1272978390]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098864#msg1098864 date=1272976613]
If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

[/quote]

okay,

first off the article mentions gerrard and carra. imho rafa improved them both so whilst its true he inherited them he also improved them.

the article goes onto to mention hodgson, whilst he is doing a fantastic job there is a sea of difference between guiding a team to premiereship safety and a european cup final (that he hasn't won yet) and turning a team scraping into CL places into champions. different level of expectation and different circumstances when you are playing home and away.
playing away every team sees you as a scalp and playing at home every team wants to park the bus.

the article mentions whinger, what major title has whinger won in FIVE YEARS with that fantastic eye for young talent that he has. I go further by saying rafa has finished above whinger in two of the 6 seasons he has been here, I'll go even further by saying whinger and his fantastic eye for talent have a bigger wage bill than we do so he may buy them for peanuts but he offers them a fortune AND they are based in the capital.

up until this season the central midfield was masher and alonso so where the fuck did murphy's face fit? if we are going to list past players released too early why not go the whole hog and mention beardo. hindsight is 20/20 when murphy was released alonso was on the books when warnock was released riise was on the books.

rafa has wasted money and made mistakes but show me manager that hasn't. want me start listing fergie, whinger and chelsea's piss poor signings. I would say the major difference is those teams have larger wage bill so players would be less reluantant to fuck off unless forced and aren't pressured so sell to buy.

when you read the transfers posted by rafa4pm and when you factor in money aquired from sales and money aquired from reaching the later stages of the CL (down to rafa's expertise, surely?) then liverpool have actually invested very little. well you get for you pay for.
[/quote] Do Arsenal, Fulham and Everton 'get what they pay for'?
[/quote]

yes.
everton pay for midtable mediocrity (with one season where they made top 4)

fulham pay for premiereship safety although they have a europe final (via a very favorable draw) lest it be forgotten m'bro made the uefa european final as well

arsenal pay to be in the top four and pay handsomely for it judging by their wage bill

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

[/quote]

okay,

[/quote]

Neil he's had Gerrard and Carragher when they were at an age that most players reach their peak. I'm not denying they improved under his stewardship but those two were always top class.

Murphy and Warnock are far better players than the guys who currently play in their positions.

Wenger came to England and won the league at the second attempt and I'll go further by saying he added 2 more of them in the next four or five seasons.

Wenger and Ferguson have at times wasted money but they have never been in charge of a squad that lacks depth as badly as our does now.

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=39968.msg1098932#msg1098932 date=1272981281]

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

[/quote]

okay,

[/quote]

Neil he's had Gerrard and Carragher when they were at an age that most players reach their peak. I'm not denying they improved under his stewardship but those two were always top class.

Murphy and Warnock are far better players than the guys who currently play in their positions.

Wenger came to England and won the league at the second attempt and I'll go further by saying he added 2 more of them in the next four or five seasons.

Wenger and Ferguson have at times wasted money but they have never been in charge of a squad that lacks depth as badly as our does now.
[/quote]

whether or not they were entering their peak, gerrard was no where near as prolific before rafa, which it decide 'fuck it, I'm actually going to start scoring now' and carra was a fullback. people can go on about carra's defensive solidity all they like but that is where gh used carra, that is where england used carra and that is where carra would have continued if rafa didn't move him to the middle of the park. he didn't have to move gerrard and carra so he (rafa get credit from me for doing it).

murohy and warnock were surplus when they were released, riise was shit when he was released, that all I care about I try very hard not to post revisitionist shit because its just too easy. what about all the players that rafa has released and gone on to do fuck all, why not mention them as well? good example, where are all the people that said owen should be re-signed? they should be named and shamed, easy to fling around names and suggestions they manager unfortunately has to deal with the consequences of his decisions will fans can simply sweep their daft suggestions under the carpet never to be mentioned again.

wenger has done unbelievably well but in the past 5 years he has done fuck all but credit it to him for consistantly making arsenal finish top 4 without fail (although they were one win from spurs away from finishing 5th). they haven't won anything but they have a fantastic stadium so they deserve credit for that. we are no where NEAR a new stadium.

with regards to whinger and fergie I don't think they face the same pressure to raise funds via sales than we do and as I said before our wages are less for players are going to get twitchy sitting on our bench faster.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098950#msg1098950 date=1272982645] what about all the players that rafa has released and gone on to do fuck all, why not mention them as well? [/quote]

He signed them to begin with, mate.

Not all of them. He released a fair few after Istanbul (having won Bigears with them, which GH would never have managed).

I'm with Spidey ('tho he's being harsh on Wenger). There's plenty of holes in the Winter article and perjorative claptrap.

One other thing, Murphy is not a far better player than any of our midfielders.

Benítez Is a puzzle a bit like a rubik's cube, chaos T? perfection

given the money I don't doubt he will do well, but he is hurting and unforgiving.

Can he be trusted not to want to punish the lack of faith as he will see it by many around him. I think he can but he needs a huge budget to buy in the quality players we need .Will he waste it? Not as much as he has in the past.
Buy in, quality and you can't go far wrong.If he Does stay with new owners he will do OK as long as they have deep pockets.

I don't think He deserves the abuse he's been getting here. But I also don't think he's the final answer.

qwertyuiop[]asdfghjkl;'#\zxcvbnm,./`1234567890-=

We were 2nd last season and should have won the league too if not for that miserable December. Rafa pretty much got it right up to last season.

This season he was forced to make some changes, our team suffering from injuries to our key players and his purchases didn't work out.

This season surely should be written off as a black swan..

[quote author=jason link=topic=39968.msg1099403#msg1099403 date=1273064926]

given the money I don't doubt he will do well, but he is hurting and unforgiving.

Can he be trusted not to want to punish the lack of faith as he will see it by many around him. I think he can but he needs a huge budget to buy in the quality players we need .Will he waste it? Not as much as he has in the past.
Buy in, quality and you can't go far wrong.If he Does stay with new owners he will do OK as long as they have deep pockets.

I don't think He deserves the abuse he's been getting here. But I also don't think he's the final answer.

[/quote]

I liked this bit the most.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=39968.msg1099432#msg1099432 date=1273067785]
[quote author=jason link=topic=39968.msg1099403#msg1099403 date=1273064926]

[/quote]

I liked this bit the most.
[/quote]

Strange I didn't think anyy'd get It.

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

[/quote]

okay,

[/quote]

What.Fucking.Ever.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39968.msg1094449#msg1094449 date=1272409583]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39968.msg1094446#msg1094446 date=1272409435]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39968.msg1094445#msg1094445 date=1272409128]
Oncy, would it not have been easier to type "Rafa's bought some shite players" mate?
[/quote]Would it not be easier for you to type 'we played a defensive 4-2-3-1 formation and lost' every week?
[/quote]

Touche.
[/quote]

A ray of sunshine in an otherwise bleak landscape.

I like this a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom