• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The myth of fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Fox link=topic=39968.msg1094690#msg1094690 date=1272452293]

I hope when Rafa leaves we find out what the fuck happened in the Keane transfer as that one still bothers me.

[/quote]

That will certainly be the most interesting chapter in Robbie Keane's autobiography*

*when he writes one

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39968.msg1094711#msg1094711 date=1272453245]

I hope when Rafa leaves we find out what the fuck happened in the Keane transfer as that one still bothers me.

[/quote]

That will certainly be the most interesting chapter in Robbie Keane's autobiography*

*when he writes one
[/quote]

'...I thought it would be funny to attempt a back heel 6 yards from goal when it would be easier to just put my foot through the ball. in the dressing room rafa gave me a dirty look and told me I'd regret that show of complacency. A year later I was scoring tap ins for celtic...'

[/quote]

*when he writes one
[/quote]

Actually, it may just be the shortest chapter.

"Chapter 12: Liverpool

What the fuck happened there?"

Chapter 13: Back to Spurs"

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39968.msg1094719#msg1094719 date=1272453658]

[/quote]

*when he writes one
[/quote]

[/quote]

:D

It was a mistake to sell Crouch in the first place and even though Im not Keane's biggest fan, we were top of the table when he left. He'd just scored 3 goals in 2 games and Rafa sold him back to Spurs. Without any replacement.
That disastrous decision cost us the title.
In less than 2 years, Rafa's baffling's decisions cost us a CL and a league trophy.
I still find it astonishing how people seemed satisfied after losing a final or "the title challenge" last year.

Crouch wanted first team football, and was offered higher wages elsewhere.
"Keane had just scored 3 goals in 2 games" - He's played 20 before that and managed to score in just 1 of them.

But don't let that fool you Lech!

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=39968.msg1094779#msg1094779 date=1272458098]
It was a mistake to sell Crouch in the first place and even though Im not Keane's biggest fan, we were top of the table when he left. He'd just scored 3 goals in 2 games and Rafa sold him back to Spurs. Without any replacement.
That disastrous decision cost us the title.
In less than 2 years, Rafa's baffling's decisions cost us a CL and a league trophy.
I still find it astonishing how people seemed satisfied after losing a final or "the title challenge" last year.
[/quote]

Yes i was really FUCKED OFF the way we made all the to the final of the CL only to be the better team and lose to two poxy goals....u cunt rafa.... why couldnt we have gone out in the semis or against barca?? twat spik...

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39968.msg1094785#msg1094785 date=1272458384]
"Keane had just scored 3 goals in 2 games" - He's played 20 before that and managed to score in just 1 of them.

[/quote]

How many games did Crouch play in before he scored?

It was a bizarre decision to sign him and no-one really understood how he was going to fit in, so just hoped for the best on the back of his previous record with Spurs. Then what happened when he got here was even more bizarre

Rafa offered a new contract to Carra after the CL win at Istanbul.
2 year extension with no pay rise.
This is Rafa's management

I was fucked off the way he made us lose that final against a very poor Milan side.
You were not, fair enough but keep your insults for the yanks

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=39968.msg1094808#msg1094808 date=1272459560]

I was fucked off the way he made us lose that final against a very poor Milan side.
[/quote]

What are you on about Chac??

Actually don't bother...

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=39968.msg1094812#msg1094812 date=1272459788]
[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=39968.msg1094808#msg1094808 date=1272459560]

[/quote]

What are you on about Chac??

Actually don't bother...

[/quote]
You cant blame the Yanks for that final can you?
Rafa was scared and over cautious as usual. Over cautious 4-2-3-1 with Invisible Kuyt alone up front. Then Mascher's substitution.
Wrong lineup, wrong substitutions. Rafa fucked up completely.
That was the end for him.

Yea Rafa should have just gone for it in Athens, especially since there was no previous evidence that playing without two holding midfielders against Milan and Kaka would result in an absolute ass raping.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=39968.msg1094799#msg1094799 date=1272459189]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39968.msg1094785#msg1094785 date=1272458384]

[/quote]

How many games did Crouch play in before he scored?

It was a bizarre decision to sign him and no-one really understood how he was going to fit in, so just hoped for the best on the back of his previous record with Spurs. Then what happened when he got here was even more bizarre
[/quote]

crouch was contributing to the overall team play, keane was fucking headless.

Which is a very good point Neil, despite his lack of goals , everyone cut him some slack because he was playing well and contributing

regards

I didn't know where else to put this, but thought that maybe a few people might be interested.

Rafael Benitez's transfer dealings during his six-year reign at Liverpool
With Rafael Benitez set to leave Liverpool after six years at the helm, here is a complete rundown of the Spaniard's transfer dealings during his time in charge at Anfield.
Telegraph
Published: 10:09AM BST 04 May 2010

IN: £2m Josemi; £1.5m Nunez; £10.7m Alonso; £6m Luis Garcia; £6.3m Morientes; £1m Carson; Free Pelligrino. Total: £27.5m.
OUT: £2.5m Murphy; £8.5m Owen; Free Babbel, Henchoz. Total: £11m.
NET SPEND: £16.5m.
WON: Champions League.
PREMIER LEAGUE: 5th

-----------------------------

IN: £240,000 Barragan; £6m Reina; £5.6m Sissoko; £7m Crouch; £150,000 Hobbs; £190,000 Idriza; £1.5m Gonzalez; £5.8m Agger; £250,000 Martin; Free Zenden, Fowler; Exchange Anderson for Welsh, Kromkamp for Josemi; Unknown Miki Roque. Total: £26.73m.
OUT: £3.5m Diouf; £2m Alou Diarra; £2m Nunez; £6.5m Baros; Free Smicer, Pellegrino; Exchange Welsh for Anderson, Josemi for Kromkamp. Total: £14m.
NET SPEND: £12.73m.
WON: FA Cup
PREMIER LEAGUE: 3rd

2006/07:
IN: £6m Bellamy; £2m Palletta; £6.7m Pennant; £9m Kuyt; £200,000 El Zhar; £750,000 Ajdarevic; £2.5m Arbeloa; Free Fabio Aurelio; Loan Mascherano, Padelli; Undisclosed Brouwer. Total: £27.15m.
OUT: £200,000 Whitbread; £3m Morientes; £675,000 Barragan; £2m Traore; £500,000 Mellor; £1.75m Kromkamp; £525,000 Potter; £1.5m Warnock; Free Hamann, Diao; Undisclosed Cheyrou. Total: £10.15m.
NET SPEND: £17m.
PREMIER LEAGUE: 3rd and reached Champions League final.

2007/08:
IN: £5m Lucas; £270,000 Jose Dominguez; £1.8m Leto; £20.2m Torres; £5m Benayoun; £11.5m Babel; £1.3m Insua; £6.5m Skrtel; £18.6m Mascherano; Free Voronin; Undisclosed Nemeth, Itandje. Total: £70.7m.
OUT: £2.7m Sinama-Pongolle; £100,000 O’Donnell; £4m Luis Garcia; £6m Cisse; £7.5m Bellamy; £3.5m Gonzalez; £1.2m Palletta; £3.5m Kirkland; £8.2m Sissoko; Free Dudek, Fowler. Total: £36.7m.
NET SPEND: £34m.
PREMIER LEAGUE: 4th

2008/09:
IN: £7m Dossena; £3.5m Cavalieri; £1.5m N’gog; £19m Keane; £8m Riera; Free Degen. Total: £39m.
OUT: £4m Riise; £11m Crouch; £2.25m Guthrie; £3.25m Carson; £16m Keane; Free Kewell; Undisclosed Le Tallec, Finnan, Hobbs. Total: £36.5m.
NET SPEND: £2.5m.
PREMIER LEAGUE: 2nd

2009/10:
IN: £17.5m Johnson; £17.1m Aquilani; £2m Kyrgiakos; £160,000 Ayala; £1.5m Maxi Rodriguez. Total: £38.26m.
OUT: £250,000 Anderson; £3m Leto; £3.5m Arbeloa; £30m Alonso; £4.4m Dossena; £1.5m Voronin; Free Pennant, Miki Roque. Total: £42.65m.
NET SPEND: -£4.25m.

TOTAL BOUGHT: £230,476,000.
TOTAL SOLD: £151,000,000.
TOTAL NET SPEND: £79,476,000.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=39968.msg1098775#msg1098775 date=1272969823]

[/quote]

in 6 seasons for a top four side that was making at least the knock out stages for 5 of those six season is fucking PATHETIC!

if you say you get 20m for qualifying and then reaching the knock out stages for the CL (which we managed for 5 seasons) then techincally the yanks haven't paid a fucking PENNY for players.

Rafa having no net spend for the last two seasons might just have something to do with our slide, no?

That and his baffling decisions and over-defensive attitude to games.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39968.msg1094196#msg1094196 date=1272387386]
Hmmmm my emboldening is all over the fucking place. Sorry.
[/quote]

I've emfixened it.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39968.msg1094719#msg1094719 date=1272453658]

[/quote]

*when he writes one
[/quote]

Chapter 13: Back to Spurs"
[/quote]

Chapter 13: Cut and paste from Chapter 12

Chapter 14: At last, I find my level.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez must leave now or risk tainting the club’s proud history
If Rafael Benítez truly respects Liverpool Football Club he'll leave Anfield today. The players have lost the faith, the boardroom is unimpressed with the politicking and the supporters are suffering, albeit in silence.

By Henry Winter
Published: 8:00AM BST 04 May 2010

End game: Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez must come to terms with another trophy-less year at Anfield Photo: If Benítez exits quickly, accepting Juventus's generous offer, he goes with some dignity. If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

He's lucky. The Kop's refusal to call for his head, in the wake of a disastrous season and four trophy-less years, speaks handsomely of their substance and loyalty. At any other major club, probably barring Arsenal, restless natives would have been chanting for the manager's removal.

Benítez now meets Liverpool's new chairman, Martin Broughton, to discuss transfer budgets but why should the board trust him with the club's cash? His track record is too inconsistent. They give him money for a table and he comes back with a lampshade. He's got a centre-back at left-back and a holding midfielder at right-back. Liverpool's squad is an exercise in mismanagement.

Over the past six years, Benítez has been provided with £230,476,000, not forgetting a rich bequest in Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, yet his bench against Atletico Madrid last Thursday read: Diego Cavalieri, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, David Ngog, Philipp Degen, Nabil El Zhar, Daniel Ayala and Daniel Pacheco. Their entries in football's Who's Who do not run to many lines. Combined.

How embarrassing. This is Liverpool, five-times winners of the European Cup and joint record-holders of 18 League championships, the club of Shankly and Paisley, Toshack and Keegan, Dalglish and Souness, Fowler and Owen, yet with largely a bunch of unknowns on the bench. How the mighty are falling.

Benítez's cheerleaders claim his achievements at Anfield are actually remarkable given the board has restricted his budget over the past two seasons. They point to injuries and mention the more alluring wages on offer elsewhere.

Good try. Roy Hodgson prospers at Fulham on a fraction of Benítez's resources and none of the annoying scheming. Arsène Wenger spends far less than Benítez and has a far better eye for young talent.

Any inspection of Benítez's £230 million outlay must highlight successes such as Pepe Reina, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres. Not all were guaranteed to do well yet they have grown under Benítez. Even with Lucas, Kyrgiakos, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua on the books, Liverpool's squad are valued at around £250 million.

Yet Liverpool's board could legitimately ask Benítez his views on Hodgson's team-building skills and just who is that leading Fulham out in the Europa League final in Hamburg next week?

Why it's Danny Murphy, just the type of strong character and intelligent midfielder Liverpool crave, a popular player shown the door by Benítez in the first of his summer clear-outs/trolley dashes. Murphy or Lucas? Discuss. But not for long.

All managers sell players they shouldn't but Benítez has dropped some real clangers. How Liverpool could do with a committed left-back like Stephen Warnock, whose heart was almost broken when let go by Benítez.

Warnock, now knocking on England's door, could have spared Liverpool those awkward moments when Andrea Dossena or Insua was at left-back. Dear old Dossena. Recruited for £7 million in July 2008, he endured a hapless stay, being humiliated by Leeds United's Robert Snodgrass among others, and was offloaded for £4.3 million to Napoli 18 months later.

Dossena's fellow recruits in the class of 2008 were Cavalieri, Ngog, Robbie Keane and Albert Riera at a cost of £39 million and none proved worth it.

Quantity as much as quality has been Benítez's hallmark in the transfer market.

He has brought in 77 players, a tally that prompted Ian St John to remark wryly over the weekend that "maybe Rafa's setting up his own league''.

Whatever happened to Benítez's likely lads such as Miki Roque, Krisztian Nemeth, Astrit Ajdarevic, Antonio Barragan, Besian Idriza, Mikel San Jose Dominguez and Antonio Nunez?

The haemorrhaging of money on fees, let alone wages, is a concern. Jermaine Pennant arrived for £6.7 million and went on a free. Fernando Morientes cost £6.3 million and exited for £3 million.

Keane hardly had time to unpack his bags after his £19 million signing before being shipped out for £16 million, lacking suitability to the manager's new 4-2-3-1 system. Benítez has been given enough money. He's just not given his buying enough thought. Time to go. If anyone can fix Benítez up with flights to Turin it's Broughton.

Winters article pretty much sums it up for me

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098784#msg1098784 date=1272971075]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=39968.msg1098775#msg1098775 date=1272969823]

[/quote]

in 6 seasons for a top four side that was making at least the knock out stages for 5 of those six season is fucking PATHETIC!

if you say you get 20m for qualifying and then reaching the knock out stages for the CL (which we managed for 5 seasons) then techincally the yanks haven't paid a fucking PENNY for players.
[/quote]

being a CL side must involve costs as well - i'd imagine the sort of players you being in are bound to push up wages. i dont think it's as simple as £20m going straight in the kitty, not once you establish yourself at that level.

personally i think he was backed well the first few years, just not to the point where we should have expected a title in return.

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=39968.msg1098830#msg1098830 date=1272974411]
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez must leave now or risk tainting the club’s proud history
If Rafael Benítez truly respects Liverpool Football Club he'll leave Anfield today. The players have lost the faith, the boardroom is unimpressed with the politicking and the supporters are suffering, albeit in silence.

By Henry Winter
Published: 8:00AM BST 04 May 2010

End game: Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez must come to terms with another trophy-less year at Anfield Photo: If Benítez exits quickly, accepting Juventus's generous offer, he goes with some dignity. If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

He's lucky. The Kop's refusal to call for his head, in the wake of a disastrous season and four trophy-less years, speaks handsomely of their substance and loyalty. At any other major club, probably barring Arsenal, restless natives would have been chanting for the manager's removal.

Benítez now meets Liverpool's new chairman, Martin Broughton, to discuss transfer budgets but why should the board trust him with the club's cash? His track record is too inconsistent. They give him money for a table and he comes back with a lampshade. He's got a centre-back at left-back and a holding midfielder at right-back. Liverpool's squad is an exercise in mismanagement.

Over the past six years, Benítez has been provided with £230,476,000, not forgetting a rich bequest in Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, yet his bench against Atletico Madrid last Thursday read: Diego Cavalieri, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, David Ngog, Philipp Degen, Nabil El Zhar, Daniel Ayala and Daniel Pacheco. Their entries in football's Who's Who do not run to many lines. Combined.

How embarrassing. This is Liverpool, five-times winners of the European Cup and joint record-holders of 18 League championships, the club of Shankly and Paisley, Toshack and Keegan, Dalglish and Souness, Fowler and Owen, yet with largely a bunch of unknowns on the bench. How the mighty are falling.

Benítez's cheerleaders claim his achievements at Anfield are actually remarkable given the board has restricted his budget over the past two seasons. They point to injuries and mention the more alluring wages on offer elsewhere.

Good try. Roy Hodgson prospers at Fulham on a fraction of Benítez's resources and none of the annoying scheming. Arsène Wenger spends far less than Benítez and has a far better eye for young talent.

Any inspection of Benítez's £230 million outlay must highlight successes such as Pepe Reina, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres. Not all were guaranteed to do well yet they have grown under Benítez. Even with Lucas, Kyrgiakos, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua on the books, Liverpool's squad are valued at around £250 million.

Yet Liverpool's board could legitimately ask Benítez his views on Hodgson's team-building skills and just who is that leading Fulham out in the Europa League final in Hamburg next week?

Why it's Danny Murphy, just the type of strong character and intelligent midfielder Liverpool crave, a popular player shown the door by Benítez in the first of his summer clear-outs/trolley dashes. Murphy or Lucas? Discuss. But not for long.

All managers sell players they shouldn't but Benítez has dropped some real clangers. How Liverpool could do with a committed left-back like Stephen Warnock, whose heart was almost broken when let go by Benítez.

Warnock, now knocking on England's door, could have spared Liverpool those awkward moments when Andrea Dossena or Insua was at left-back. Dear old Dossena. Recruited for £7 million in July 2008, he endured a hapless stay, being humiliated by Leeds United's Robert Snodgrass among others, and was offloaded for £4.3 million to Napoli 18 months later.

Dossena's fellow recruits in the class of 2008 were Cavalieri, Ngog, Robbie Keane and Albert Riera at a cost of £39 million and none proved worth it.

Quantity as much as quality has been Benítez's hallmark in the transfer market.

He has brought in 77 players, a tally that prompted Ian St John to remark wryly over the weekend that "maybe Rafa's setting up his own league''.

Whatever happened to Benítez's likely lads such as Miki Roque, Krisztian Nemeth, Astrit Ajdarevic, Antonio Barragan, Besian Idriza, Mikel San Jose Dominguez and Antonio Nunez?

The haemorrhaging of money on fees, let alone wages, is a concern. Jermaine Pennant arrived for £6.7 million and went on a free. Fernando Morientes cost £6.3 million and exited for £3 million.

Keane hardly had time to unpack his bags after his £19 million signing before being shipped out for £16 million, lacking suitability to the manager's new 4-2-3-1 system. Benítez has been given enough money. He's just not given his buying enough thought. Time to go. If anyone can fix Benítez up with flights to Turin it's Broughton.

Winters article pretty much sums it up for me
[/quote]

Indeed. Pretty grim reading.

Winter's article could have been lifted from here, no problem at all. I agreed with every word.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=39968.msg1098851#msg1098851 date=1272975886]
Winter's article could have been lifted from here, no problem at all. I agreed with every word.
[/quote]

Indeed.

The comments about Warnock vs Insua/ Dross, Murphy better than Lucarse, the wanton waste of money in two simplya disastrous summers. The team and bench against Chelsea and AM.

"Even with Lucas, Kyrgiakos, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua on the books, Liverpool's squad are valued at around £250 million".

All spot on, and almost word for word what most of us have been saying all season.

If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098864#msg1098864 date=1272976613]
If he stays, the inevitable long goodbye becomes indescribably messy, distressing for all concerned and demeaning to a club of Liverpool's great history. This is not a warning for Benítez, this is a fact.

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

Anything else you disagree with in the article Neil ?

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39968.msg1098854#msg1098854 date=1272976306]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=39968.msg1098851#msg1098851 date=1272975886]
[/quote]

Indeed.

The comments about Warnock vs Insua/ Dross, Murphy better than Lucarse, the wanton waste of money in two simplya disastrous summers. The team and bench against Chelsea and AM.

"Even with Lucas, Kyrgiakos, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua on the books, Liverpool's squad are valued at around £250 million".

All spot on, and almost word for word what most of us have been saying all season.
[/quote]
have been saying for 3 years...

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=39968.msg1098871#msg1098871 date=1272976977]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39968.msg1098864#msg1098864 date=1272976613]

how is that a 'fact'?
fucking HELL!
[/quote]

Anything else you disagree with in the article Neil ?
[/quote]

okay,

first off the article mentions gerrard and carra. imho rafa improved them both so whilst its true he inherited them he also improved them.

the article goes onto to mention hodgson, whilst he is doing a fantastic job there is a sea of difference between guiding a team to premiereship safety and a european cup final (that he hasn't won yet) and turning a team scraping into CL places into champions. different level of expectation and different circumstances when you are playing home and away.
playing away every team sees you as a scalp and playing at home every team wants to park the bus.

the article mentions whinger, what major title has whinger won in FIVE YEARS with that fantastic eye for young talent that he has. I go further by saying rafa has finished above whinger in two of the 6 seasons he has been here, I'll go even further by saying whinger and his fantastic eye for talent have a bigger wage bill than we do so he may buy them for peanuts but he offers them a fortune AND they are based in the capital.

up until this season the central midfield was masher and alonso so where the fuck did murphy's face fit? if we are going to list past players released too early why not go the whole hog and mention beardo. hindsight is 20/20 when murphy was released alonso was on the books when warnock was released riise was on the books.

rafa has wasted money and made mistakes but show me manager that hasn't. want me start listing fergie, whinger and chelsea's piss poor signings. I would say the major difference is those teams have larger wage bill so players would be less reluantant to fuck off unless forced and aren't pressured so sell to buy.

when you read the transfers posted by rafa4pm and when you factor in money aquired from sales and money aquired from reaching the later stages of the CL (down to rafa's expertise, surely?) then liverpool have actually invested very little. well you get for you pay for.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39968.msg1098884#msg1098884 date=1272978474]
This thread is very hit and myth
[/quote]Badum tsh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom