• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are pipped to the title by Spurs I will actual kill myself.
They've been the 2nd best team for two seasons runnning, their young Stars matured a bit more now and they won't make more than one or two changes to their starting XI.

People on here are seriously underestimating the power of NOT adding 4-5 new players to bed in. And Spurs in general. Just like they did last Season.

I may get it all wrong but we'll see.. we could also be in for a great Season I believe.

Oh, and don't kill yourself @Oncy, I mean whatever the fuck happens in the Prem this Season, there's no scenario where it should result in you ending your life.. okay?

Okay!!

Spurs will fall out, and Arsenal will really struggle with the Europa League, I expect them to win that though. We'll finish third.

Oh, and don't kill yourself @Oncy, I mean whatever the fuck happens in the Prem this Season, there's no scenario where it should result in you ending your life.. okay?

Okay!!
Spurs will struggle at Wembley don't see them in top 4 any time soon.

Chelsea were a machine last year and City have spent a bazillion pounds with Pep surely having learned something from a fairly poor first season. Can't look past them for the top two positions.

Mourinho will have Utd in the top 4.

That pretty much leaves 1 spot and it's too hard for me to call.

We're good enough to be in the top four, I just don't know with all the cup commitments, injuries and what not whether we'll be able to last the pace.

Chelsea were a machine last year and City have spent a bazillion pounds with Pep surely having learned something from a fairly poor first season. Can't look past them for the top two positions.

We're good enough to be in the top four, I just don't know with all the cup commitments, injuries and what not whether we'll be able to last the pace.
I have very little faith in Morata, is he going to be Chelsea's main striker?

I have very little faith in Morata, is he going to be Chelsea's main striker?

They paid in the region of 60M for him and I doubt he'd have left Real Madrid to sit on Chelsea's bench so I'm guessing he'll play fairly regularly.

Chelseas machine will run dry of attacking Oil, but I assume Conte will defend himself to a top 4. (I was spot on with my prediction for them as champs this season).

Pep will start brightly until his New recruits figure out his system and then they flat out again. Pep need another season to understand the difference between Crystal Palace refusing to buck down and Leganes who knew they already lost 7-0.

Mourinho is on his 2nd, will implode in early october as Klopp get all praise and will kick Luke Shaws arse around rest of the season before he get sacked early next season....

This is ours to loose.

United haven't introduced too many new players into their first team/squad (unlike City) and now have one of the league's best forwards to finish all those missed chances they had last year, to convert those home draws (where they dominated games) to wins..

You do realise how many PL goals Ibra got last season, despite missing the last month, don't you ?

Chelsea will have a tough start with Hazard and Bakayoko out for at least 6 weeks. Morata has big boots to fill and Rudiger is still learning the trade.

City could field two teams and both would make the Top 6.

Arsenal look weakish both in midfield and defence. And also attack if Sanchez leaves, despite the wonderful acquisition of Lacazette.

Spurs will have wembley and a real CL competition to deal with this season. They are now weaker in defence too.

Liverpool still need to strengthen at CB and CM.

Everton have lost a 26 goals striker and soon their #2 top scorer too (with 6 goals). How on earth are they going to find 32 goals even to just match last season's ?

United have continued issues finding a DM and a winger. CB not convincing either and Rashford is their backup to Lukaku. They need Ibra to re-sign for a season and to fill those other slots.

_______

Obviously a lot depends on how the last few weeks of the transfer season go. However as it stands can't look past City.

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
United
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton

You do realise how many PL goals Ibra got last season, despite missing the last month, don't you ?
Yes. 17 goals, which is an average total for a United CF. He missed a lot of good chances last year, which had he scored, would have put him up there with Kane and Lukaku for the golden boot, and probably had United challenging for the title.

Yes. 17 goals, which is an average total for a United CF. He missed a lot of good chances last year, which had he scored, would have put him up there with Kane and Lukaku for the golden boot, and probably had United challenging for the title.
He scored 28 in 46 matches in total compared to Lukaku's 28 in 35 matches and that's bearing in mind Everton's game was geared totally to feeding him, which United's isn't and won't be. Will he score goals next season ? Of course he will. Will he beat those 27 PL goals for Everton, I sincerely doubt it. And although Ibra missed some sitters (all CFs do) he also scored goals that Lukaku can only dream of scoring because he doesn't have that repertoire of skills.

As for United challenging .. WTF, they finished 24 points behind ! They could maybe have won another 3-4 matches (same can be said for every team taking missed opportunities, nobody takes them all, even sitters) so the only team they'd have challenged would have been us for 4th.

Theres a lot to be done between now and the end of the window. However in a world where no more transfers took place from now.

We aren't the only team who have underwhelmed in the transfer market. Arsenal and Spurs are two others, throw in that the latter will be playing at Wembley all season and they won't finish as high. And the former appears to have several unhappy players in the camp that will down tools at the first sight of poor results.

Chelsea have added Morata, but their senior squad is wafer thin.

City and United have both strengthened, and in the right areas. I hate to say it, but Everton should comfortably close the gap to top 6 too.

We will start like a train but run out of steam by the end of Feb.

So if no further additions:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Utd
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Everton
7. Arsenal

Having watched City last night v Spurs I kinda wanna alter my picks a bit:

Spurs
City
Us
United

Truth is they looked a head above Spurs for most of the game and if it hadn't been pre-Season I guess they'd be easy favorites for the league. Maybe they already are.

Also, their new keeper looks amazing.. *dammit*

I reckon as it stands we would only just sneak top 4.

Shame really because had we gotten our n01 targets could have seen us right up there!

Im telling you now Chelsea, City or United will bank 9 points from those three games.
If you dont think thats season defining I dont know what to say really.

We're getting nine points though. Haven't you been watching us? We're dead good

Having watched City last night v Spurs I kinda wanna alter my picks a bit:

Spurs
City
Us
United

Truth is they looked a head above Spurs for most of the game and if it hadn't been pre-Season I guess they'd be easy favorites for the league. Maybe they already are.

Also, their new keeper looks amazing.. *dammit*
A head above ? It could easily have been 7-1 ! Stil pre-season of course but Spurs must have been shocked at how far behind they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom