• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite. Reading my post again I can see that my reference to his "first" games didn't make the point clearly enough, but he was never going to play at RB permanently. It was more a matter of easing him into the first team picture, though as Tommy Smith said he made a darn good job of it while he played there. Incidentally I wonder whether that experience came back to help him when he filled in at RB as Milan were pouring forward after we'd equalised in Istanbul.

In fairness to the "move Trent into MF" thing, that's where he predominantly played in the younger age groups. However, like you I'd be in no hurry to shift him now, being a big advocate of the principle that "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it".

Brandt has (reportedly) asked Klopp for guarantees on game time and is not happy to be a squad player

[article]
Liverpool are reportedly very close to agreeing a deal with RB Leipzig for contract rebel striker Timo Werner.

The Germany international has made clear to the Bundesliga side that he does not intend to extend his current deal.
Werner, who has notched 60 goals in 108 appearances for Leipzig since joining from Stuttgart in 2016, is due to become a free agent in 14 months' time.
Leipzig may therefore have to cash in to the highest bidder this summer, with Bayern Munich and Liverpool considered to be the leading candidates to sign the 23-year-old.
Transfer expert Ian McGarry, speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast, suggested that the Reds could be on the verge of signing their long-term target.

"When a player refuses to sign a new contract it's usually because he's got an agreement in place somewhere else," he said. "My information is Liverpool are very close to agreeing personal terms with Werner.
"Obviously they have been lacking a natural No. 9 out-and-out striker for some time. Divock Origi hasn't made any impression, Daniel Sturridge has obviously had his injury problems and has failed to make an impression when he's come on this season.
"Adding a proper No.9 to their already very potent attacking force is something Jurgen Klopp has been very, very keen to do. Whether they win the title or not I think that's something they will press ahead and recruit anyway."
Leipzig are believed to be holding out for around £43m for Werner, with that money possibly going towards signing English striker Tammy Abraham from Chelsea.
[/article]
On the hand
[article]
Per a report by Sport Bild, Timo Werner’s potential move to Bayern Munich is getting closer to reality. In addition, Bayern allegedly sees Werner as a player who can contribute on the wing, so he would not just have to bid his time in waiting for Robert Lewandowski to slow down.
The report also states that Bayern wants to complete the move this summer, so that Werner would be a member of roster for the 2019/2020 season.
Timo Werner (23) and FC Bayern have already agreed on a change for some time according to SPORT BILD info - only the time was still open! The Bavarian bosses could now want to implement the transfer directly and not after Werner’s contract ends in 2020, even if it would then be free. Reason: With Werner they would close three rebuilding areas at once.
The Leipziger would not only be the alternative to Robert Lewandowski (30), but also a valuable option on both outer positions, where Franck Ribery (36) and Arjen Robben (35) would have to be replaced.​
In addition, Leipzig is now resigned to the fact that it will lose Werner soon and is looking forward to making the deal happen. As Bayern and Werner have already agreed on wages, the only thing being debated is the final transfer fee. That agreement, however, is where the process has slowed down.
Leipzig would welcome a premature change to cash in. However, negotiations between the clubs have not yet taken place. Both sides are afraid: The first one to flinch pays at the end. At RB, those responsible should dream of a (fee) of 60 million euros. In Munich they shake their head over it. There they consider 25 million with a remaining term of one year to be realistic and see a demand of 40 million as the maximum basis for negotiations.​
That seems to be a big gap in terms of a fee, but nothing that the clubs can’t work out in the coming weeks. Werner was also being pursued by Liverpool, but it looks like any last gasp effort from Jurgen Klopp might not matter at this point.
Interestingly, Sport Bild also teased that a signing of Werner could have an effect on what Bayern does with James Rodriguez. If Werner makes the move, could this officially mean the end for James? This tidbit appears in the print edition of Sport Bild.
[/article]

"Salah hands in transfer request, is unhappy with Klopp (reasons unknown), and wants to join Real Madrid." AS.

Another day. Another article in AS.

Seriously, Spanish media is worse than the National Equirer.

I was a little concerned at first. Then I saw the source was AS. - Fucking whopping thunder cunts.

Camacho replying to some shit:
8ct6i1ol3vs21.jpg

Last edited:
"Like" farming, you mean? Honestly, I have no idea why people "liked" my post more than the original, it was just a throwaway comment.

I'm a bit of a "like" slut, I give far too easily. I'm most likely to "give" when I learn something and in this case I learned that Ramy Abbas Issa is Salah's agent. This added significance to the otherwise poor pun. With hindsight I decided to go back and "give" to the original too.

Looks like Diego Costa will be leaving AM at end of this season. He has recieved an 8 match ban and refuses to train with the rest of the team

The referee Gil Manzano in his match report stressed that Costa twice said to him "I shit on you whore mother" with video evidence against the striker

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1234260-former.html

Liverpool, Man City learn fee needed to seal transfer of prolific Frankfurt star

Date published: Thursday 14th March 2019 9:39

Eintracht Frankfurt are reported to have quoted Liverpool and Manchester City an asking price of £40m for in-form striker Luka Jovic.
The Serbian striker is enjoying the most prolific season of his career to date, having netted 21 times in 33 appearances so far this season.

That form has brought him to the attention of some of European football’s big hitters, with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich all reported to be sniffing around, while recent reports have suggested Barcelona are at the front of the queue for the forward.
However, it is both Liverpool and City who are reported to have the strongest interest in the player – and according to Metro – the Bundesliga side are willing to sell Jovic this summer.
The Serbian is on a two-year loan in Germany from Benfica but Frankfurt are looking to trigger the option to make the move a permanent one for a fee of just £5.3million.
But his ‘transfer’ to Frankfurt could be a short-lived one, with the Bundesliga side reported to have informed both Liverpool and City they would want £40million for the hitman if they follow up their initial interest with a firm enquiry this summer.
City are in the market for another striker to alleviate the pressure on Sergio Aguero, though Pep Guardiola’s priority this summer is to find midfield cover and competition for the ageing Fernandinho.
Liverpool, meanwhile, are in the market for a new top-level striker with Daniel Sturridge certain to move on. Timo Werner has been strongly mooted as a target for Jurgen Klopp, but interest in the RB Leipzig star is also far and wide and the Reds may find negotiations for Jovic far less complex.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liver...o-seal-transfer-of-prolific-frankfurt-striker

As per a report from Spanish outlet AS, La Liga giants Real Madrid are on the verge of securing a deal for Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic.

Regardless of whether we are in for Pepe or not, it's encouraging we're looking at young, fast players who can provide the depth we need in attacking positions. At the moment we're reliant on Divock Origi to make an impact off the bench.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...rangers-talent-hunters-hailed-steven-14436074
[article]One obvious target is winger Ryan Kent after a successful season on loan and Gerrard has held talks with Liverpool over the player returning next season.

But the boss is at his former club’s mercy as they decide what is best for the next stage of Kent’s development or whether to cash in on him.

Rangers would face stiff competition for his signature if he does leave Anfield but Gerrard revealed he has also given the Reds a list of other potential targets.

He said: “I have had a conversation with Liverpool about a number of players. I told them who we would be interested in if they were available but we will have to wait and see how that progresses.

“The reality is that the clubs at the top of the Premier League have a lot of young hungry players who want to play football.

“In terms of Ryan, I don’t know what Liverpool value him at.

“I don’t even know if Liverpool want to sell him or not. The only question I can answer on Ryan is ‘do I want him back next year?’

“The answer to that question is ‘yes, more than anyone’.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom